collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monsters you wish they'd make?  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Monsters you wish they'd make?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »
I LOVE the idea Mattel went with to do offspring of classic monsters. I think they should elaborate more on that idea. The only problem with that is I'm pretty sure there are only so many classic monsters. :/

Speaking of classic monsters we're still totally missing KINGKONG.. and KAIJU/GODZILLA! C'MON Mattel.. :D

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 09:40:46 AM »
I LOVE the idea Mattel went with to do offspring of classic monsters. I think they should elaborate more on that idea. The only problem with that is I'm pretty sure there are only so many classic monsters. :/

Speaking of classic monsters we're still totally missing KINGKONG.. and KAIJU/GODZILLA! C'MON Mattel.. :D

So when King Kong is the father, does that mean that the human woman is the mother? OH GOD XD

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 09:43:26 AM »

So when King Kong is the father, does that mean that the human woman is the mother? OH GOD XD

Oh.. well.. YES! But it would be cool, tho.. kind of like SonGoku/Monkey King-Girl. :>

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 09:46:39 AM »
I originally posted this in the general discussion thread, but maybe this is a better spot for it.

I want to pitch an idea for an adult line of monster high. Does anyone know if this has actually been done before? Like actually contacted mattel with ideas/designs, names of characters, name of the line, etc?

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »

Ouch!! O.O

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »
I originally posted this in the general discussion thread, but maybe this is a better spot for it.

I want to pitch an idea for an adult line of monster high. Does anyone know if this has actually been done before? Like actually contacted mattel with ideas/designs, names of characters, name of the line, etc?

!!!
I'd be all over that! Where can I sign the petition? :lol:

shivvy

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »
Oh boy, this one is right up my alley, since I was a monster girl fan way before I was a monster high fan!
What I am hoping might happen is that they will start releasing more premium lines for collectors, where they can really go wild with extra body parts. That is probably the only way we will ever get a centaur, faun, sphinx etc. Here are a few of the monsters on my wish list:

Nagas have always been my favorite. I want one so bad I'm considering seeing if I can't turn the gorgon into one. A Marililth would also be amazing, but is probably just a pipe dream.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Japanese Oni would be awesome, and might be a way to get around the no demons thing?

I know we are getting Headmistress Bloodgood, but I would looove a dullahan.

I love Venus to death, but I'd also like a dryad or a alraune. More plant girls!

We already have some Egyptian themed ghouls, so a Sphinx would fit right in!

I have an absolutely monsterous(hehe), monster girl image folder so I better stop myself before I spam up the thread too much :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:14:16 AM by shivvy »

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
I have an absolutely monsterous(hehe), monster girl image folder so I better stop myself before I spam up the thread too much :P

I sure don't mind.. keep on and keep 'em coming! ^^

*sits back with a cupcake & enjoys pretty art*

shivvy

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »

I sure don't mind.. keep on and keep 'em coming! ^^

*sits back with a cupcake & enjoys pretty art*
Okay, you asked for it  :biggrin:

Alraune

Centaur

Demon

Frog girl

Kitsune

Mantis girl

Octomaid

Yuki Onna

Extra helping of slime girls because they are my favorite

Bonus Marililth cuz they are awesome
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:45:26 AM by shivvy »

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 10:43:44 AM »
oh HECK yes.

A NON-CAM unicorn.
and a NON-CAM gargoyle boy!! We need Garrot! Although I don't know if I'm spelling his name right! Actually I kinda doubt it! Cuz my version looks like Carrot! I have a flu! I am on teh cold meds! Sorry for all the exclamation points!

animal_lover

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:41 AM »

!!!

According to a few people on here Mattel doesn't take ideas from non employees. But I really wanna do like a serious pitch. With actual ideas/designs, line name, and show the amount of adult collectors there really are. So they can see it would be profitable. Not just email them and be like "hey mattel, i think you should do this." So I'm still going to try with mattel. Because personally one of the reasons I love monster high is because they're still gorgeous even though they're monsters. And I still want them to have that same kind of look but with characters that are a little more appealing to adults. If that still fails, maybe I can try with a different toy company?

empirical

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:52 AM »
they're already giving us a genie, so maybe they could give us a djinn in the future. i would love that.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »
HECK YES - I want Mantis Girl & Octomaid!! :D

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »

!!!

According to a few people on here Mattel doesn't take ideas from non employees. But I really wanna do like a serious pitch. With actual ideas/designs, line name, and show the amount of adult collectors there really are. So they can see it would be profitable. Not just email them and be like "hey mattel, i think you should do this." So I'm still going to try with mattel. Because personally one of the reasons I love monster high is because they're still gorgeous even though they're monsters. And I still want them to have that same kind of look but with characters that are a little more appealing to adults. If that still fails, maybe I can try with a different toy company?

Yes, I know about that. Almost all companies are like that. I think the main issue is copyright.
If you were a designer or similar person and you were "in the business" you would probably have more luck because they could buy from you/make you an employee.
However, I think we should just try it. Petitions are always a good tool to present approval or disapproval of certain content.
Maybe you could make a brainstorming thread just for your idea? It'd be fun! :)

We already have some Egyptian themed ghouls, so a Sphinx would fit right in!

Ohhh, I'm crazy over monster girls (and boys), no matter if "real" or not.
But this isn't an Egyptian Sphinx, that's just a centaur-like thingie (albeit a cute one). I told you guys I was super anal about Ancient Egypt. They have different types of Sphinxes, but they never have the upper body of a human. That's what separates them from other similar mythological beasts.
Most common Egyptian Sphinxes are the Pharao, ram and hawk. They also don't have wings. Only Greek ones have them. Egyptian and Indian Sphinxes just have a lion's body with a different head.

(I didn't mean to criticize you and your art collection is awesome, so thanks for sharing. I just need to nitpick because I'm a big fat nerd...  :blush:)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:17:02 PM by Zapper »

jennovazombie

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
A sasquatch or swamp ape girl would be awesome. Name her Ginger and make her a redhead!
Lamia, both lion and snake/naga.
Daughter of the Kraken. :3
A qilin/kirin.
White elk/stag boy
A Satyr would be awesome, but the mythology related to them is definitely not kid-friendly!

I kind of think they should not do Egyptian gods, lots of people still worship them and I find any religions god reduced to a toy a bit offensive. Still, there are lots of non-god Egyptian things, like mummies, sphynxes, etc.

EDIT: Shivvy, that's a Lamia-lion form!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal