collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monsters you wish they'd make?  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monsters you wish they'd make?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
* I'd love to see an Insect (WYDOWNA C'MON).. Fly-Girl would be awesome.. or Daughter of the Moth-Man. :D
I thought it was really cool of them to make that bee CAM! Maybe it wasn't fully intentional, but I immediatly thought of The Wasp Woman.
With the Blob girl joining the horror trash gang, The Thing is probably right around the corner :lol:

* A Kirin, ..or a western style Unicorn..
Agreeeeeeed! And the unicorn can be a monster if it wants to. The one in Grimm's The Clever Little Tailor is really vicious.

* Alien would be great as well
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I want a Kitsune! Come on Hasbro, just a little one?

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »
Jut slo-moe or how ever you spell his name :)

YES!! someone agrees with me! Yay!  Along with a ghoulia/slow moe couples pack!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 06:14:02 PM »
I also want a SloMoe! :heart:

LOL Zapper!!! xD
I was thinking more along the lines of NoviStars, BUT THAT ONE ROCKS. I WANT IT NOW. LOL. xD-----

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »
I also think Hindu deity inspired dolls would be awesome-  they have it all, multiple arms, multiple faces sometimes, cool skin color, monkey faced...

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but Mattel can't do this.
These are legit gods. As in "people believe in those beings"-gods. Making a Monster High character inspired by such a god would be like making a MH character inspired by Jesus Christ.
It would be religiously insensitive like whoa.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an atheist and I don't care about in which invisible best friend people choose to believe. I just wanted to point out that just because they're random characters to you and me doesn't mean depicting them as teenage monsters could piss some people off a lot  ^^;

I'd love to see a Greek sphinx! Lion body and tail, bird wings on back and dark brown locks :heart:
Or maybe a Kelpie (essentially a disgusting horse that lurks in swamps and kills people). (S)he could be Scarah Screams' relative.
Another beast I really love is the gryphon. But s(he) would probably look too much like the harpy CAM.
A centaur dude would be hot! But probably also really expensive.

I'd also die to have a sexy demon lady, but of course Mattel would never do that.  :lol:

Oh- you're right of course- I hadn't thought of it like that.  I am not religious so I think I tend to be insensitive if I'm not careful (would like demon looking dolls just as much) - NOT that that is an excuse- if I've offended anyone, I'm super sorry and sincerely apologize!

I would also be happy with Greek and Egyptian deity types- (probably safe to say nobody cept  Percy Jackson and friends would be offended by that)

And I agree that a "unicorn" can be a monster-  fairies too, for that matter. 
A knobold would be cool...

I would really love a nice long line of insect and reptile inspired monsters.

angelfish

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 07:03:28 PM »
I would love a demon but I'm not sure if Mattel would try it or not.  There could be a lot of backlash from Bible Belters and MH already has a fair amount of haters in the parenting blog world.  On the other hand, any press is good press so...if there was a company that could get away with a demon doll aimed for little kids it's Mattel.  I don't think anyone complained about Hellboy figures so...

I'm not sure how I feel about elves or fairies.  If they were done right, like very punky or gothy they could be awesome but if they made them pink and pastel (and marketing indicates that they might...look at Draculaura's popularity with little girls...) then no.  Just leave that to Barbie.

On the subject of gods, haven't Mattel done a collector line of Barbies that were supposed to be goddesses?  I seem to remember Artemis and Aphrodite..am I wrong?  And...Cupid is the daughter of Cupid/Eros, who is the son of Aphrodite so...        I don't see any harm in that although I may have missed something on the thread.

This might be boring but I'd love to see more werewolves and vampires...just not ones that are related to the Wolf family or Draculaura.  Another boy werewolf would be awesome (Romulus?) and a vampire boy like Valentine would be welcome as well.

Well done aliens would be cool and it would be neat to see what Mattel would come up with especially with Novi Stars on the market.

And to whoever said a full-fledged witch...the daughter or son of the Wicked Witch of the West would be awesome and right in step with the release of the new Oz movie.

EDIT: Just saw the comments about Hindu gods, although I would love to see them they might be considered offensive to those who practice Hinduism.  A shame, they would make great characters!

Kobold

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »
I also think Hindu deity inspired dolls would be awesome-  they have it all, multiple arms, multiple faces sometimes, cool skin color, monkey faced...

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but Mattel can't do this.
These are legit gods. As in "people believe in those beings"-gods. Making a Monster High character inspired by such a god would be like making a MH character inspired by Jesus Christ.
It would be religiously insensitive like whoa.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an atheist and I don't care about in which invisible best friend people choose to believe. I just wanted to point out that just because they're random characters to you and me doesn't mean depicting them as teenage monsters could piss some people off a lot  ^^;

I'd love to see a Greek sphinx! Lion body and tail, bird wings on back and dark brown locks :heart:
Or maybe a Kelpie (essentially a disgusting horse that lurks in swamps and kills people). (S)he could be Scarah Screams' relative.
Another beast I really love is the gryphon. But s(he) would probably look too much like the harpy CAM.
A centaur dude would be hot! But probably also really expensive.

I'd also die to have a sexy demon lady, but of course Mattel would never do that.  :lol:

Slight Edit for content. ~CSA
^
Just to make clear why this post was edited for content: I remarked how a certain religious group would be pissed off as well about picturing the demon/devil. Odd that this was removed, but I'm okay with that. Maybe my wording was a bit off.

Yep, I think the same on about - eh, everything?

Without tapping into deities, there are a lot of folkloric monsters to use out there... though I don't think Mattel will ever do something that isn't already well-know by the American public.

But a Greek sphinx would be possible and fantastic. :)
An Egyptian sphinx could be pretty se-weet too, they are traditionally male aren't they? MH could always use more boy characters.
I'd love a naga, with a big tail instead of legs.  :biggrin:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 07:15:57 PM »
Yep- sorry, I should have known better, sorry!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
An Egyptian sphinx could be pretty se-weet too, they are traditionally male aren't they? MH could always use more boy characters.
If you want to be really anal about Ancient Egyptian mythology (like me, hehe) the Egyptian Sphinx with the human head is always a Pharaoh. So that would mean it would just be an alter ego of Cleo's dad XD
But hey, who said MH should pay such close attention? I'd be all for a sphinx couple (Greek + Egyptian) to rival Cleo and Deuce *fg*

Yep- sorry, I should have known better, sorry!

:hug:
You didn't say anything mean-spirited. You just saw the cool look of the Hindu gods and thought: "Hey, why not?"
It happens to me all the time. As a non-believer these characters all belong into the fairy tale category and often times I forget that people actually fear those beings and take them very seriously.
I myself am I die-hard Ancient Egypt "fan". Their deities have been the funniest I have ever read about. And the kinkiest *cough*
What Isis and Horus did with Set's salad was... lol. Yes, salad. Google it! *fg*

I think Mattel did get a bit of inspiration from the Hindu pantheon after all, btw. The triclops is blue. Could be a nod to Kali. Could be.

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 08:09:16 PM »
I would like to see a wendigo doll though that is pure wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 08:39:50 PM »
I would really like a legit harpy girl rather than just the cam. Like the backgrounder character from the show! Something whose wings make sense to me.

I'd also love a kitsune, mostly because FLUFFY TAIL and a pointy face :D

A kitsune doll would be adorable!

I would like to see a jackalope. Bunny ears and antlers what could be cuter? :P

WildLace

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »
They are not really monsters but I would like Vikings!! It would be cool to have a daughter or son of Loki or Thor.

Or Dolls that have the how to train your dragon vibe, they could come with real dragons to ride.

Idk that is just me.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
Re: Monsters you wish they\'d make?
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 11:54:17 PM »
* I'd love to see an Insect (WYDOWNA C'MON).. Fly-Girl would be awesome.. or Daughter of the Moth-Man. :D
I thought it was really cool of them to make that bee CAM! Maybe it wasn't fully intentional, but I immediatly thought of The Wasp Woman.
With the Blob girl joining the horror trash gang, The Thing is probably right around the corner :lol:

* A Kirin, ..or a western style Unicorn..
Agreeeeeeed! And the unicorn can be a monster if it wants to. The one in Grimm's The Clever Little Tailor is really vicious.

* Alien would be great as well

lol  "the alien " as MH rotflol!!!!!

Post Merge: March 13, 2013, 11:56:35 PM

I would love to see some monsters from different cultures, such as a tiki from Polynesia, some japanese, or some Indian monsters. Also would love to see an elf girl
speaking of tiki's  why the heck haven't we gotton those cute little tiki dudes from skull shores???? and they were in scaris too!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:56:35 PM by mistic_imp »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 01:05:03 AM »
I would like to see a jackalope. Bunny ears and antlers what could be cuter? :P

That'd be amazingly awesome! :lovey:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

animal_lover

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 08:20:35 AM »
I LOVE the idea Mattel went with to do offspring of classic monsters. I think they should elaborate more on that idea. The only problem with that is I'm pretty sure there are only so many classic monsters. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal