collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I do not want to be called a Brony.  (Read 7870 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: I do not want to be called a Brony.
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 06:45:30 PM »
Hm.

^^ People can think or call me whatever labels/names they want-- that doesn't make me whatever label/name that they call me. People are going to think whatever, just because...

Although I personally don't think "brony" means all this negative nonsense either. Yah, some "bronies" seem to be into negative things, that make other people cringe because they stick out. But not all of them are like that. *shrug* You get that in many other fandoms too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »
I'm tepid to accept the label of brony myself.  I was a fan of the original cartoon when it aired on the Disney Channel.  Even today, I prefer certain G1 ponies and episodes to anything Friendship is Magic has given us.  There are also certain attitudes among bronies I don't agree with (like that Hasbro is out to get them.) 
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:54 PM »
I liked ponies before FiM (though it did help me get back into collecting), so I just consider myself a collector.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.  Hearing that I have so many backing me up makes me feel good to be a pony collector and even a furry.  For both fandoms I like certain things and other things make me feel really uncomfortable.  *Hugs all my pony friends*  I truly love all of you and am glad to call all of you my friends. 

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words.  Hearing that I have so many backing me up makes me feel good to be a pony collector and even a furry.  For both fandoms I like certain things and other things make me feel really uncomfortable.  *Hugs all my pony friends*  I truly love all of you and am glad to call all of you my friends. 
and hugs to you, thank you for the post as i am in the same boat and feel a bit better after your words, this was kept clean and made a lot of us realize there are two forms of FIM fans.
i was slowly going away from this generation and anything fim because of the disturbing art i had seen and i love the innocents of mlp that is why i became a mlp collector, glad to see others like me. i just wish to see the violence and sexual content disappear because this is meant to be a child's toy and as i am a mother i have to be careful what my children watch of youtube because that is the only way we can view FiM

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Primrose

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 11:02:04 PM »
Even though FIM was what got me started collecting ponies, I am also a little uncomfortable with being labeled a brony. My friend told me that female bronies are technically pegasisters, but I haven’t ever heard anyone else use that term, and I think even she has reverted to just using the term brony. Regardless, I prefer pony collector  :happy:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 07:22:41 AM »
Always a My Little Pony collector, always will be...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

January Joy

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »
I'm the same way. I've enjoyed MLP since I was little and only referred to myself as a "collector of MLP." no need to get all crazy with a label that has come to have negative connotations anyway.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »
I consider myself both a general MLP fan and a brony. Bronies are just like any fanbase. There are a few who make you not want to associate with the whole group, but in general I really like the brony community. But I don't think of myself as a brony more than I do a general MLP fan, or the other way around. I've got my foot in both communities. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

FrozenVegie

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 10:00:37 AM »
I'm a male fan and even I detest the word "brony".

I was cool with it at first, but lately it seems like there is some rediculous code of conduct bronies are supposed to abide by, and I'm supposed to love and tolerate and have a OC and read silly fanfictions. Bleh.

I love the show for what it is, I love collecting the toys, and I love creating custom sculptures.

I could do without quite a bit of "brony" culture.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
I'm pretty happy to be called The Crazy Pony Lady....this is what my husband, family and friends call me. lol. For some reason, the term "Brony" sparks images of boys and girls aged 13-21. I know that this isn't true, but that's what I picture. The flip side to that is I picture "collectors" to be aged 30-40....which I also know isn't accurate. The way I look at it though is enjoy it however you want to. So long as you aren't hurting anything....or mocking my fun, then I'm cool with it. BUT.....if you're mocking my fun, then sleep with one eye open. lol

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 02:39:28 PM »
I don't consider myself to be a brony either, I'm a My Little Pony collector. I'm not that big a fan of the show really - I like it (it is MLP after all!) but I have only watched about half of the first season.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »
Always a My Little Pony collector, always will be...

Same here :D

I do love love love the show, but I think it falls under the same title of Mylittleponycollector/fan.
~Foxtale~

SeaStar777

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
I consider myself both a general MLP fan and a brony. Bronies are just like any fanbase. There are a few who make you not want to associate with the whole group,....

You are so right! In every community whether it be religious, political, ecological, etc. (there are endless names) there are ALWAYS going to be the few "bad apples" that make you not want to associate yourself with the rest of the group. That's ok though. It just means we need to help the general public and even our own community members understand who we really are and what it is we really do.
And like I said to another collector friend of mine: This brony (for lack of a better term) thing has now reached "fad" status and is at it's peak. And what happens to fads? They inevitably die out. And when this one does, all that will be left are the true fans and collectors. We will always be here my fellow pony lovers! (LOL whoa getting a lil cheesey, sorry) And hey in the meantime, we have tons of cool new pony gear to collect! Awesome!

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 12:19:18 PM »
I totally agree that sometimes things can get out of hand. And me personally love Luna but that doesn't mean I want to see Celestia destroyed. I tend to think more child-like and innocent when it comes to ponies (sometimes we all need something like that in this harsh world) so I was shocked and appalled when I read that some people add such violence to MLP. Again my opinion, I prefer to keep MLP innocent. I do like FiM but I'll always favor G1s.
Anyways each to their own.

I absolutely agree. I was shocked when I read the opening post. I must admit I don't really know what the "Brony" phenomenon is....could someone explain it to me please?
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal