collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: O..kay.. (Ponies that you were shocked by the price of?)  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
Re: O..kay.. (Ponies that you were shocked by the price of?)
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »
Munchy actually will usually remain up there in price because she is very sought after. She and Yum Yum I don't think I've ever seen for less than $30.

..Really? O.o ... My Yum Yum was all of £5, if that! I guess I got lucky on a UK auction. She did need a bath and a scrub, which sort of evens it out.

I think the crazy FiM plushies and Taobao variants have me shocked right now. I am unfussed by how high G1 Nirvana and G1 rares can go, the naff-quality franekstein ponies and the random variations of the G4 line make me boggle.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 05:57:12 PM »
Ebay is the wrost place to go and look for some of them ponies!!!! But also the very common ponies are a bit crazy at times!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 02:37:40 PM »
In all honesty after years of collecting, I ll admit to no longer being too concerned or put out by any pony price. Ebay will always have bargains and bidding wars its what makes it such a hit and miss place to shop - thats the nature of an auction site. Likewise different ponies will fluctuate wildly over the years as sets and ponies go up and down with popularity. 4 or 5 years ago and in general Perfume Puffs were unpopular - Red Roses was not an expensive pony - now she is always $50ish. At the same time, Baby Cherries Jubilee and Baby Hopscotch could get to $80+ now they are half that or less. Things change thats part of the fun and frustration of pony collecting I think!

However, as much as I think I am immune to price...the G4 plush prices do make me :faint: sometimes.

As others have said Munchy is expensive and you ll need to be prepared to be in the $50-60 bracket. Buttons is popular and she can be expensive, a minty one around $32-35 would be a fair price its been a while since she was continuously down at $20. And Nightglider $25-28. Buttons has always been the second most expensive of the set along with Yum Yum and Munchy the most expensive.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
Some of the plushie prices are insane... But I (usually) understand why plushie makers put the price up so high. Artists are generally bashed when they try to sell several hours of work for more than a few dollars- i.e., people believe that they should be getting industry standard quality artwork for dirt cheap. ($50 dollars for six hours of work? Too high! That should be $5 to cater to me of course!) There is a struggle for artists to price themselves fairly to pay for their own time, materials, and work, but still keep the price fair and reasonable for the customer as well. If someone spends 10 hours making a pattern, hand embroidering pony eyes and cutie marks, and then constructing the plushie, it is only fair for their work and materials to come at a higher cost than a mass produced store-bought plushie, and the more complex the design, the higher the price tag. Some of them are flat out crazy, though, like the plushies that cost thousands of dollars. (How do you spend that much on a plushie even?) What's even more bizarre to me is that so many FiM fans WILL spend thousands of dollars to get a show-accurate plushie. I mean, why not find a different plushie maker...

Aaaaanyways, I'm usually shocked whenever I look up G4 brushables. I know you can't find all of them in stores right now, but sheesh, so much for a little tiny G4... Some of them make me laugh, though; the four most recent ponies (Sunny Rays, Lyra, Trixie, Cherry Berry?) get listed as "Super rare HTF!!!" on ebay with humongous pricetags. Please tell me people aren't paying hundreds for something that was still on shelves... And then there are the "frankenponies" that sell for hundreds. I've heard you can pick and choose your own custom frankenpony to buy from China too? Ehh... no thanks.

A lot of the expensive G1s shocked me as well. I wasn't too impressed by Rapunzel, and finding out how high her price is sometimes blew my mind. She just doesn't look all that special to me I guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal