collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hey all ^.^  (Read 718 times)

Offline amykwyjibo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Hey all ^.^
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
Hi guys. Well, I am really shy as I am a complete noob and I had no idea I was going to have to introduce myself. My name is Amy and I am like a super super noob customizer, and I have a miniature collection I am starting up. I just did a deal today with a lady locally to buy her MLP collection of 40 ponies and a castle, so once I pick it up from her then I guess I'll know what kind of collection I am starting with. Otherwise I have probably ...2 unmaimed MLPs  :blush:  I have a dozen or so that have been dismantled and redone. I am learning and I am honestly terrible at this point, but I joined here for the tips and community, etc. Hopefully I will be able to get better, though it is just a hobby at this point and I am not remotely planning on selling anything. I got rid of all of my old MLPs when I moved away for college 10 years ago and am really regretting it, which is why I am getting back in to collecting.

So...that's it. I have very little to say at this point, as I came here to learn.  ;) So hopefully I will and then I'll have a bit more to say! Bye!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey all ^.^
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! There's a lot to be learned here. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:25:40 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 to the Arena :wave:

That was a really good intro you wrote.  Don't worry about being a newbie, we all started somewhere.  I love hanging out in the Custom forum to see what members here come up with in the way of designs.  Hopefully I'll see you there!  :frolic:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 03:29:58 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 07:35:45 AM »
:newpony: and welcome to the Arena.  Hmm a castle and some ponies could be G3 or G1 as both had castles.  Be sure to take some photos and post over in the brags forum.  You can also post in customs before you maim anyone else to make sure they are okay to maim, there are some rare or hard to find ponies you should sell or trade before customizing them.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline amykwyjibo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome :-)

I am going to pick up the castle and ponies this weekend, and I will post pictures of everything just to make sure of what I have.  She has sent me pictures and the castle looks pristine, I think I have stumbled upon a golden gem as far as that's concerned! :-O The ponies themselves are in great condition other than the hair. They were definitely loved and played with, but not chewed on or colored on, so I might have some good finds there. Not sure yet, as I couldn't get a clear enough picture of the individual ponies to see what they are exactly. They look to be mostly G2 and a couple of G3.  But I always check before writing off a pony as bait.  I am very careful, everything I have torn up before, I looked up first to make sure I wasn't trashing something valuable ;-) Wouldn't want that!  The only two I have kept, in fact, were ones I scored at a thrift store that had some general value of $10 or more from what I could tell on eBay. Though I can't remember what they are now, this was a year or so ago when I got them :-P

Aaaaanyway, thanks again for welcoming me to the community, and I will be around to share more once I pick up my stash this weekend! :-D

Post Merge: February 22, 2013, 02:51:08 PM

Okay so looking it up online, it is the Crystal Rainbow castle. Wow, I think I might be getting it for a steal in perfect condition at $20 haha  :biggrin: I will have to do some more research though. Yay!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:51:08 PM by amykwyjibo »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the Arena, amykwyjibo. :wave:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 07:58:05 AM »
Welcome, we have loads of information in our customs forum you will find helpful!

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 05:17:39 PM »

We have an awesome custom community here and I'm sure they will happily answer any questions you might have!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal