collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34997 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1485 on: March 16, 2013, 01:01:37 PM »
Ajlkj;lkj;aj if that's Catty Noir I couldn't be happier! Black cat WITH PINK HAIR omg :lovey: Love the poofy dress, too, and I hadn't realized that her top is a cracked mirror pattern until Mandy mentioned it! That's freakin' awesome XD I think that also points in the direction of this really being our Friday the 13th doll with a double bad luck theme!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

aroa678

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1486 on: March 16, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »
Going by the character's ears, I'd say they would be re-using Toralei's mold this time around, rather than the Twins'.

I thought exactly the same. That would be awesome, I loooooove Tora sculpt and I´m really curious about how "black Toralei" will look like.
If she is the "real" Catty Noir, maybe I will keep the hair, i like it. But I will dress her in... well, any colour but pink  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:16:14 PM by aroa678 »

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 16, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »
So, apparently, that image came from one of the Ghouls Night Out booklets. Looks to be the real deal. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

aroa678

« Reply #1488 on: March 16, 2013, 01:22:06 PM »
http://darkodordevic.deviantart.com/art/Magical-Unicorn-Ghoul-333574453
OMG!!! That ghoul would be really amazing! Why Mattel will never make a doll like this??? T_T
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:24:27 PM by aroa678 »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 16, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »
So, apparently, that image came from one of the Ghouls Night Out booklets. Looks to be the real deal. :)

YAY!!!  :biggrin:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 16, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »
Yay! Weird then, that she just isn't part of the GNO 4-pack. Not that I'm advocating that (I think I'd cry if that had been the case), just an observation.

Regardless. I needed this cat like yesterday. As I remind myself I still need the twins for Toralei.. xD

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 16, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
Hooray! That she's in the GNO journals makes me think along these lines...

Hmm... Catty (if that is her) has a pop star/celebrity motif going on... Maybe she's connected to the new movie that a trademark has been found for? It has something to do with acting after all.

(Lulz... going through tumblr, it seems as if I am not the only one wondering this!)

... in that maybe she's the pop star whose concert the Ghouls' Night Out ghouls are going to? :D
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 16, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »
In general, I really don't mind re-used accessories. They're usually fairly basic pieces, like the hightops that we get from time to time, or a somewhat non-descript hoops or bangles. They're usually a different color, so it's almost like being new (who here has undies or sneakers in the same style but different colors? ME!). Most doll lines have a boring re-used design for a lot of their stuff. I think we're lucky to have so much variety.

Now, I will say that I'm disappointed to see PD Operetta re-using a mask. Not that I mind the re-cast (it's black, not white or purple), but because the spider web design in the promo pic is so much cuter!

I was just catching up on the new Picture Day dolls and noticed this as well. I'm disappointed about the mask change too, the one on her prototype was cute and it really made the doll look unique. I hope they end up using the spider web design on a future release.

I also don't normally mind them re-casting accessories, since there's so many great ones already out there that it's nice to get some of them in a different color (I'm also one of those who will buy multiples of something in different colors or patterns if I like it enough). In this case it's a bit of a bummer because they actually had a different one in development that suited the doll better, and we've already seen this mask on three other dolls of her.  :huh:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:54:06 PM by Mandy85 »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 16, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
Thinking about it now with my previous comment, I bet they keep coming out with many werecats because it'll save costs in creating new kinds of head molds and making a bunch of werecats doll and backgrounder could save them money from making new head molds. My random opinion.

Post Merge: March 16, 2013, 01:55:14 PM

Hmm... Catty (if that is her) has a pop star/celebrity motif going on... Maybe she's connected to the new movie that a trademark has been found for? It has something to do with acting after all.

(Lulz... going through tumblr, it seems as if I am not the only one wondering this!)

... in that maybe she's the pop star whose concert the Ghouls' Night Out ghouls are going to? :D
Ohhh that would be an AWESOME Idea!! If she was star of the concert they're going to.....

OR She could be a pop star that is in the Music Festival line!! (The ghouls gotta have a reason to have those M.I.P [V.I.P] passes, right?!)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:55:14 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

shivvy

« Reply #1494 on: March 16, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
I am unreasonably sad after seeing what PD Operetta looks like. She was the first doll that really struck me as an "I gotta have it" when I first started looking at pictures of monster high dolls online. Maybe I'll like her more in person, but I feel like between all the changes, something about her has been lost :huh:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 16, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »
Hmmm, if that image of Catty is the real deal, it could be Darko Djordjevic's work. He did the official promo art for the Werecat Twins, as well as the illustrations for the "Ghoulfriends Forever" books, and this looks like his style.

http://darkodordevic.deviantart.com/
^ He also has a lot of MH fanart posted on his deviantart that I absolutely love,
like his OC Unicorn: http://darkodordevic.deviantart.com/art/Magical-Unicorn-Ghoul-333574453

As far as the character goes, I like the idea of a truly black-skinned doll, I think the execution could be gorgeous, though I admit that I'm not much into the more frou-frou styles of MH. Her outfit is a bit too Pepto Bismol pink for me, however I do like the cracked mirror top, it's a cute touch.

I'd have to reserve my final judgment of this character for the actual doll. Her style may be a nice counterbalance to Toralei and the Twins' punk rock style, and she would look cute next to Catrine. Going by the character's ears, I'd say they would be re-using Toralei's mold this time around, rather than the Twins'.

I know money talks, and the werecats are likely seeing a good enough of a demand for Mattel to focus on them as much as they have, but I'm one who thinks that they're are getting to be a bit much, and this coming from someone who adores cats. They're even starting to become the majority of filler background characters in the CGI specials, lol. I wonder if it's intentional? ;) If they're going to give us repeat monsters, I'd like to see some of the other concepts used. Maybe some more ghosts, or dragons, or vampires, make Frankie a younger sibling, anything to balance out the ratio a bit.

Now THAT is how to do another werecat. That being said, I still want a sphinx! And WYDOWNA!!!!!

Please, God of Frankenstein, Dracula, and The Monster of the Black Lagoon, bring us the lady black spider with her fiery red hair and her six glorious arms. We beseech you! We beg of you! We PLEAD with you!

Yes! :D A Sphinx would be fantastic, and I'd sell my soul for Wydowna at this point.

That artist is CUTE!!!

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 16, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
I think Catty Noir is very pretty ^.^ I'll definately be getting her. Poor Lala had her color scheme copied.... :huh:
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #1497 on: March 16, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
Love Catty Noir she is Gorgeous!

anyone notice that was are at page 100 wonder when its gonna get locked lol.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 16, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »
I'm still on page 30. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1499 on: March 16, 2013, 03:32:12 PM »
Found the original ebay listing, and there are some high-res pics of each ghoul there. I'll just pop them in here so everyone can easily see the details:

Frankie's hair and makeup! Lagoona's tentacle earrings! (and her dress has just a bow, not a weird puffy shell-bra, hooray!) Operetta's corset and jacket! :lovey:

I... I have so much need.

edit: the listing's from Arizona :)

Is it just me or does Operetta's bangs look odd compared to the promo shots too?  I think the purse is the same but I am pretty bummed that they used a different mask and removed the cool earrings they had given her.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal