collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 35754 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2013, 07:32:59 AM »
I really wish they would release a Clawd that didn't have anything to do with Draculaura. I'm kind of disappointed that his character in the webisodes and even in the dolls is totally dependent on her. Can we get a better "signature" Clawd that stands alone?

Post Merge: February 24, 2013, 08:18:05 AM

Just thought I'd mention: there is a super teeny tiny picture floating around tumblr of what we are thinking is the Ghoul's Night Out 4-pack
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:18:05 AM by rayedelsol »

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2013, 08:41:35 AM »
Venus!!!! I need her!!!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »
Would anyone be interested in a spreadsheet checklist of all the dolls? It would be done on excel... Just curious...

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »
I really wish they would release a Clawd that didn't have anything to do with Draculaura. I'm kind of disappointed that his character in the webisodes and even in the dolls is totally dependent on her. Can we get a better "signature" Clawd that stands alone?

Just thought I'd mention: there is a super teeny tiny picture floating around tumblr of what we are thinking is the Ghoul's Night Out 4-pack

I'm sure the Clawd that came with Lala 2.0 was supposed to be Sig Clawd. He was just in a two-pack with her because Mattel had decided to pair them up officially (just like Sig Cleo came with Sig Deuce).
His shirt was also the one he's wearing under his jacket in the webisodes, so I can't see a link to Draculaura there. He was just wearing his normal clothes and happened to be packed with Lala.
Now, his Sweet 1600 doll is of course linked to her and I wished they would re-release his Sig version but with articulated wrists XD

That 4pack: I hope I won't like that Venus (the mini pic makes her look a lot like her MF version), because I can't afford to buy a pack with four dolls just to get one of them :(

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2013, 09:17:36 AM »

Who is between Venus and Ghoulia?  It looks like Rochelle to me but looks different than the Rochelle pictured.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2013, 09:25:23 AM »
The one in between Ghoulia and Venus is Rochelle. I think the picture just distorts her really bad so she doesn't look the same.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »
I think the striped scarf is throwing off the appearance of her outfit as well, since it's positioned differently in each photo. Here's another image of the Ghouls Night Out singles:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2013, 09:34:37 AM »
Why was Clawd pulled early in the US? Any particular reason for that? I mean the Sweet 1600 that Dragonlady mentioned earlier. Does anybody know?

I think Clawd has a personality outside Draculaura in the webisodes and a function as well, although i do think it would be nice if he got webisodes or smallish plot lines that were just about him.

On another note, why is it that there seem to be less boys made than girls? Is it just that Mattel doesn't think girls would buy them? Probably because Ken isn't popular (I don't really know though).

Edit: Wow! I love the Ghouls night out! All the outfits are so pretty! This also seems to have the first Lagoona that I really dig! I do like her 2.0 release, but this one looks totally cool!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:36:09 AM by Nana-Rena »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
Would anyone be interested in a spreadsheet checklist of all the dolls? It would be done on excel... Just curious...

YES!!!!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2013, 09:50:43 AM »
On another note, why is it that there seem to be less boys made than girls? Is it just that Mattel doesn't think girls would buy them? Probably because Ken isn't popular (I don't really know though).

I think you answered your own question XD
To be fair, MH has way more interesting boy characters than other doll lines. The same can't be said for action figures, which are typically targeted at boys only and - when you're lucky - include only one female character that isn't supposed to just be eyecandy for the boys to lust after. At least MH gives the boys more character than just "boyfriend" and fleshes out their personalities a bit in the webisodes and specials.
That's of course still poor, but great compared to other gender-targeted toys/cartoons/stuff.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2013, 09:50:54 AM »
Ok :)

Did anyone else see this lot? Thats a lot of parts...

Edit to remove live auction link-- please review Arena rules. - Jupi
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:00:27 PM by jupiternwndrlnd »

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2013, 09:54:48 AM »
I think the striped scarf is throwing off the appearance of her outfit as well, since it's positioned differently in each photo. Here's another image of the Ghouls Night Out singles:

Oh noes! I think they're all gorgeous! That Spectra is just so purple!!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
Wait...Lagoona's eyes look "normal" ie not her usual fishy ones...

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2013, 10:08:31 AM »
I think I will need all the rochelles

(and maybe that spectra)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15:43 AM »
Why was Clawd pulled early in the US? Any particular reason for that? I mean the Sweet 1600 that Dragonlady mentioned earlier. Does anybody know?

I think Clawd has a personality outside Draculaura in the webisodes and a function as well, although i do think it would be nice if he got webisodes or smallish plot lines that were just about him.

The first few boys, Gloom Beach Jackson, signature Holt, and the Cleo and Deuce 2-pack, had a more even distribution with the girls and were notorious shelfwarmers back when they were new. It was getting so bad that, for long periods of time, Monster High sections were loaded with nothing but boys. People would cherry pick all the girls from the case assortments, so stores, at least in my area from those I spoke with, refused to order any more Monster High dolls until they were cleared out.

I remember going on hunts for signature Abbey and Spectra back when they were brand new and the must-have dolls, only to be regularly met with a wall of Holt. To be fair though, Mattel didn't do that great of a job with introducing the fans to his character. By the time Holt was finally included in the webisodes for instance, his dolls had pretty much dried up in stores.

I guess Mattel figured it would be a good idea to pull the guys early to prevent them from piling up in stores, or maybe they're just a tough sell to retailers because of what happened in the past. Sweet 1600 Clawd, signature Jackson, and Skull Shores Gil were all pulled from shelves only a few months into their release before many of us realized what was happening. Of course, once the shortage was in place, fans began taking note of how rare they are/would become and now we grab up all the boys the second we see them now. :)

I'm hoping they're taking notes and start keeping them out for longer periods of time again. It honestly feels a bit strange that they've become the "blink and you'll miss it" part of Monster High, when we used to joke about not having to buy them up immediately because they would surely be sitting around.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:35:59 AM by Mandy85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal