collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you discover your real life "cutie mark"?  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How did you discover your real life "cutie mark"?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 09:14:13 PM »
I discovered my real life when I met my amazing boyfriend last year. He's brought so much clarity to my life, and my life now has so much more meaning. I was never one to dream about having some amazing career. I just wanted to find someone to love and who would love me back. I found that finally last year. And he is a huge ponyfan too ;D
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 09:41:52 PM »
I'd be more like the pony project pony if Had to get settle on cutie marks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I do lots of stuff and have skills in a lot of random things, but not everyone get's a calling.  Just as well.  I'm a touch to add to settle on any one thing anyway. :)
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »
I'm not sure yet...

I draw well, but I don't have the discipline for it.

I'm studying psychology and I think I'm a pretty good counselor, but it's more about taking advantage of skills and interest than true passion.

I'm most passionate about animals (especially marine life), but nothing I'm doing right now is headed in that direction. I'm not even sure how much I can be involved in that sort of thing because I get motion sickness just standing in the waves at the beach. I wouldn't be able to go out on boats and stuff. :(

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 06:24:24 AM »
hm.

Well, this will seem stupid. My cutie mark would be something cute ~

Because I <3 cute things. On pursuit of having cute things in my life, I left my training of a good job... to go back to school (where I met my fiance)... and ended up with a so-so job at a place where I get to work with cute art all day long.

On top of that, my hobbies are collecting and I draw cute stuff, and make cute crafts.

So while my life isn't fantastic, or great... The drive for something cute has really affected me. o__o; Now if only I didn't suffer from severe anxiety, I could turn my job into a career. That's ok though. I'm happy with life right now.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 10:11:26 AM »
I've been making toys since I was five. It would have been earlier but I wasn't allowed to sew until after my fifth birthday.

I'm still making toys, (and drawing, and writing) but most of my time is spent making things like this http://tinyurl.com/a5esx6s

Guess if I had a cutie mark it would be a threaded needle.

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Clarabel Sapphire

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 05:18:33 AM »
I guess I already have my 'cutie marks' as I've got a tattoo of my Ford RS Cosworth on the top of my right arm and the boot badge on the left. :lol:  Yep, I love her to bits.  :blush:

My other huge passions in life are ponies of course, Boeing jetliners (started back in 1986 when I flew for the first time) and pelicans  :biggrin:

I studied for an aeronautical engineering degree and now work for an airline engineering company here in the U.K. and am lucky enough to see aeroplanes every day  :) My favourite is the old 707 but there are hardly any left flying now commercially.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 05:25:13 AM »
I'm a blank flank.  I seriously have no special talent.  Everything that I like doing (computers, gaming, math, customizing, etc.) I'm really not that good at.  So, time to pack my bags and move to Sunny Town...  Oh wait, never mind.  I'd rather not get hit with their curse. (High five to anyone who gets the reference!)

Offline beajjai033

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • "It will all be worth it in the end."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »
Haha.. funny that when I remembered how I chose or did I get chosen?  :P

Well, to state it simply, when I was in high school my teacher advised me to choose accountancy as my course. I never replied if I would or not. Naive at not knowing how it is a hard course to get enrolled in, I pursued it.

Now when I realize it, when I was in my elementary years I think of accountants and how hard did they go through?. Now I'm experiencing it, it's a good thing I did pursue it, really. ^.^

I'm still thinking: Am I really enrolled in accountancy? Funny, but a nice feeling
I am now a bit more closer to this everyday~~ :accomplished:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »
lol loving everyone's stories, and i think only recently (i'm 31 right now) have i come to terms with my cutie mark ... i do believe technically i've had it from VERY early on though lol

everyone knows there are personality types, like all sorts of people have different personalities, some mesh, some don't, some survive alone, others only thrive in groups ... well ... i'm a healer ... i see someone in need (anyone) and BOOM! i'm on it ... doing whatever i can to help ... very often sacrificing myself for their needs ... i'm often the first responder dealing with the dirty, nasty, nitty-gritty facts and 'dusgusting bits' until others arrive to assist ... then i kind of fade away and let others take the credit ... i'm a healer and not in it for attention ...

a long time ago, i was maybe 8-9 and my grandfather called me "his little cotter pin" ... most people live their lives happily without ever kn owing what a cotter pin is, most of us never realize how important and common they are in our everyday lives ... long story short, cotter pins keep things together ... especially things that are moving in stressful situations ... he told me i kept things working smoothly and i kept things together in the family and outside the family and if ever the day came where i wore out, the family would be in serious trouble ... well eventually i did wear out ... relatively early on ... i was maybe 15 when one of my friends commited suicide after a long struggle of trying to find someone to help him ... my family told me he was going to hell even though the last person to turn him away was his pastor (who was 'too busy hanging a new chandelier in the church") ... that was the day i broke ... i shut down ... stopped carring about most things and became the rebellious teen that i'd never had any desire to be up until that point ... like most people, my family knew something was wrong but had never cared i was there to keep things together and running smoothly and keep things together until i wasn't there ... but my grandpa knew ... i'd stopped wearing the cotter pin he gave me on a cord.

... several years later he called me down to his house to help him with a project ... he had pulled apart the old cuckoo clock, had all the pieces arrainged on a big table and he was polishing them. i didn't say anything, just sat down and helped him polish and slowly over the course of several hours we got the clock all back together ... except two pieces ... a teeny tiny gear and a teeny tiny cotter pin ... i mean TEENY ... the gear was maybe a quarter inch across tooth to tooth, the cotter pin about that size but smaller ... he looked at me and said "this whole giant clock is now useless because of one missing quarter inch gear and it's pin. we must have put at least 50 other gears and pins in but because this one teeny tiny gear and it's teeny tiny pin is gone, none of those other pieces can work." and he just looked at me at that point and said "No matter how tiny and insignificant you feel, it takes every piece to make something work right.  Just because it's tiny doesn't mean it's not important, and just because so many take it for granted doesn't mean it's any less special or necessary." He took the tiny gear and pin out of his pocket and handed em to me and left.  realized at that point i was kind of being a selfish jerk, but still gave my family no right to treat me how they had been treating me ...

flash forward to a few years ago another rather rough patch and years and years of thinking on what tattoo i wanted to get, i decided on

for several reasons ... i love metal and death metal, can't get enough metalocalypse and Dethklok, and as a gear it always reminds me that even when i'm feeling tiny and insgnificant and people are taking me for granted or taking advantage of my healer's nature, i know that i am important, without me ... like me without my friend ... some things would stop and take a long time to start again ... if they ever do ...

on one flank i'd have my Dethbrand, on the other i'd have an old beat up cotter pin
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »
I am completely torn between art and science.

Sewing/crafting has been my passion since I was two years old, leaning in towards my Grandma as close as I possibly could to get a good look at her project. She set me up on a sewing machine when I was 7 and I've been at it ever since.

Doing that my whole life, I always just assumed that I was more artsy and wasn't smart enough for math and science. I stuck to the artsy stuff and writing and became pretty good at it (not drawing though my goodness, I can't draw more than a pattern!). Then I found myself in college taking chemistry, biology and higher level math courses. I can actually do it, and I like it!

So I don't know... I guess I'm going to try doing both and see where one or the other leads me.

Uuuhhh as for the cutie mark, I'm just going to say a seahorse because that is my favorite creature and I have a tattoo in mind involving one. XD

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

berylliumpone

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 11:53:59 PM »
To all the people that have shared their "cutie mark" stories: How awesome!
To all of the people that have yet to find their cutie mark: I'm right there with you. Sooo confused right now. :(

Sokkis

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »
Why look for a 'calling', for something that will obligate to put yourself into a box?

--

Do things. Do lots of things. Don't do them because it's expected of you, do it because you want to. Find something of your own accord and do it.
This. I so agree. I'm 25 and I have no idea what's my "calling" or is there any. I'm a mother and I go to work, but that's just cause I need the money of course. :D I've studied graphic designing and arts in general, but that was just fun to learn, I don't concider that as a real job for me.
I just do this and that, learn new every day. Today's world you're never too old to study something new, so I'm not too worried about anything. Maybe someday I'll find something that makes me satisfied and brings food to table. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal