collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you discover your real life "cutie mark"?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: How did you discover your real life "cutie mark"?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »
Ah! I am so glad I am not the only person totally clueless of what their calling is! Haha xD Like a lot of others I just kind of do random stuff here and there. I love art, but there is no way I could ever make a living out of it. I am currently in school for international business because I thought it would help connect me to other cultures which Is something I truly love. I had no idea there was a degree solely for the study of cultures until just recently and I am so scared I chose the wrong degree. However, there is no going back now.

On the other hand I have recently taken a great interest in dog grooming and might look into that. Perhaps even open my own boutique in the future if it's something I discover that I truly love ^^
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 10:06:31 AM »
I'm still a blank flank!

I love the stars and the planets and the night, and I love weather, and reading, writing, drawing, sewing... I have so many interests I'd look like I had cutie pox if I had them all on display! 

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 10:50:08 AM »
I'm still a blank flank!

I love the stars and the planets and the night, and I love weather, and reading, writing, drawing, sewing... I have so many interests I'd look like I had cutie pox if I had them all on display!

You could be a Twice as Fancy pony!  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
I am unsure of what my calling or "true destiny" is. I'm still floundering through college and trying to find a job so i can just live! I've been studying psychology which is a subject extremely interesting to me and I once thought I'd find my calling there but now I'm not so sure..

One thing I AM sure of is that I have a talent for crocheting. It's the cutie mark I've given to my persona pony. I've thought maybe i could turn this hobby into a business but I've not really had any direction or focus. Everyone tells me how good I am and how what I make is so amazing but i don't know what direction to take it. I've got an etsy shop but haven't had a sale in months.

So I have a talent but no clear view of a destiny or calling.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »
I am unsure of what my calling or "true destiny" is. I'm still floundering through college and trying to find a job so i can just live! I've been studying psychology which is a subject extremely interesting to me and I once thought I'd find my calling there but now I'm not so sure..

One thing I AM sure of is that I have a talent for crocheting. It's the cutie mark I've given to my persona pony. I've thought maybe i could turn this hobby into a business but I've not really had any direction or focus. Everyone tells me how good I am and how what I make is so amazing but i don't know what direction to take it. I've got an etsy shop but haven't had a sale in months.

Ooooh I wish I could crochet! Can you make big, chunky infinity scarves? I am obsessed with them. Haha I would possibly be interested if you can and it's a price I can afford! Haha I am a broke college student xD
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »
Haha what a great idea for a thread! Well this is a long story for me... but back when I was a little kid, I was obsessed with reading. I loved reading more than aaanything. I carried books to school, on the playground, in the backyard... anywhere I went I had a book with me.

Well in 3rd grade we had a combination reading/writing block in class. After you finished reading a book, you had to write a journal entry about what you liked about that book. Keep in mind for a kid who just wants to read more and more, being told to stop reading and sit down and take ten minutes to write a few pages in a journal was a great inconvenience and considered very unfair. :lol:

Sooo about halfway through the school year, Mrs. Wheelden pulled me aside and told me she had to talk to me in private. In the hallway she told me that she was astounded with the number of journal entries I was writing because I was just reading so many books. She told me I was far ahead of everyone else in the class. She looks at me and says, "You're just reading way too much! I can barely keep up with all these journal entries." Then she proceeded to tell me that she wanted me to start writing journal entries after I finished each chapter of the books I was reading, rather than each book itself.

At first my eight-year-old self swelled up with pride as the teacher started this little speech, since whoa now, this was sounding like I was really special! She was saying I was a faster reader than everyone in class!  :accomplished: But as she kept talking, my excitement turned to horror--she wanted me to write MORE?  :shocked: This wasn't a reward for being the best, this was a punishment! I was being told I had to take more time away from my precious reading when no one else in the class had to!

At that very moment I was filled with as much righteousness as an eight-year-old could be. I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to be the person who wrote these books for people just like me. I wanted to share my stories with others like myself, the kids who got punished for the thing they love most. The ones who got told "you read too much."

And now, twenty years later, I am still a children's book writer to this day. ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »

Ooooh I wish I could crochet! Can you make big, chunky infinity scarves? I am obsessed with them. Haha I would possibly be interested if you can and it's a price I can afford! Haha I am a broke college student xD

I have yet to make an infinity scarf but they seem simple enough. I've done blankets to beard hats to scarves with Space Invaders and zebra patterns. Not to mention the tiny pony and doll clothes. At this point i'm pretty convinced I could crochet anything with a little practice.
Gosh I hope that doesn't sound too conceited

Spoiler
Haha what a great idea for a thread! Well this is a long story for me... but back when I was a little kid, I was obsessed with reading. I loved reading more than aaanything. I carried books to school, on the playground, in the backyard... anywhere I went I had a book with me.

Well in 3rd grade we had a combination reading/writing block in class. After you finished reading a book, you had to write a journal entry about what you liked about that book. Keep in mind for a kid who just wants to read more and more, being told to stop reading and sit down and take ten minutes to write a few pages in a journal was a great inconvenience and considered very unfair. :lol:

Sooo about halfway through the school year, Mrs. Wheelden pulled me aside and told me she had to talk to me in private. In the hallway she told me that she was astounded with the number of journal entries I was writing because I was just reading so many books. She told me I was far ahead of everyone else in the class. She looks at me and says, "You're just reading way too much! I can barely keep up with all these journal entries." Then she proceeded to tell me that she wanted me to start writing journal entries after I finished each chapter of the books I was reading, rather than each book itself.

At first my eight-year-old self swelled up with pride as the teacher started this little speech, since whoa now, this was sounding like I was really special! She was saying I was a faster reader than everyone in class!  :accomplished: But as she kept talking, my excitement turned to horror--she wanted me to write MORE?  :shocked: This wasn't a reward for being the best, this was a punishment! I was being told I had to take more time away from my precious reading when no one else in the class had to!

At that very moment I was filled with as much righteousness as an eight-year-old could be. I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to be the person who wrote these books for people just like me. I wanted to share my stories with others like myself, the kids who got punished for the thing they love most. The ones who got told "you read too much."

And now, twenty years later, I am still a children's book writer to this day. ^_^

Aww that's an amazing story Dragonflitter! I loved to read too and always scoffed at the library summer reading program as being too easy. So cool that you can share your love of reading by writing.

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »
I dabble in things so I don't know what my calling is. I remember as an 10 or 11-year-old getting a behind-the-scenes video tape of the original Donkey Kong Country video game from a yardsale and among the stuff the tape showed there were people whose only job is play the entire game (while keeping an eye out for problems I'm sure). I thought I'd love to do that with different games for some company.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
My calling is warming the couch while watching tv....
In all seriousness I'm so dug in to everything that I'm currently employed with that I don't know if I could change things up. I like helping people, I love doing creative things (that's really specific, eh?). At this point I'm happy to have work. I'd love to be a costume designer...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
I am kinda a jack of all trades so to speak.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »
I "think" that my cutie mark would be a scroll or book in the back (since I am an avid writer/reader), a paintbrush crossed with a strand of beads.  I love writing, beading, and anything artsy, so I would guess that is what mine would be. 

Interesting question to see on here, since DH asked the exact same thing yesterday morning to me.  =]

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »
My chosen occupation drives my family crazy and sometimes total strangers look down on me for it. Well :silly: on them. I'm truly happy in my work and not many people can say that.

My whole life, every adult I ever knew had all these grand expectations for me. I was going to be great with computers, I'd be an artist, I'd be the first in the family to graduate from university, blah blah blah. When I hit high school I discovered that working with computers isn't fun, I'm not good enough to get into art school and getting myself to that level would make me hate art, and the thought of enduring another 4 years of school of any kind made my physically sick. All I ever heard was "Yeah life is hard, get used to it. Of course work sucks, that's why they pay you to go there." It was the path that I was supposed to follow, and I hated it.

A couple years after graduating from high school, and finding and losing my first job, a friend of the family let me try working with him at an office moving company. My first thought was "I'm a short scrawny little girl! What could I possibly do at a moving company?" Let me tell you, those boys changed my life. They took me in and taught me everything...how to use tools, how to take furniture apart and reassemble it, and all kinds of tricks to make lifting and moving easier. I met the love of my life there too, but that's another story. ;) Thanks to them, I discovered a genuine love of down and dirty hands-on physical work. To this day I can work circles around guys twice my size. ^.^

But that's only half of my cutie mark. Yes, I know exactly what it looks like. It's a drop of oil in front of a cog wheel. I am the oil that keeps the machinery running smoothly and it manifests itself in the form of adaptability (I can be useful to pretty much everyone), professionalism, and good old fashioned integrity.

Society in general calls me unskilled because I didn't go to post-secondary school. They say I need to have a "real" job to be worth anything. Well, I love my job like Rainbow Dash loves racing. And the best perk of all, it's the best gym ever. They pay me to work out there! 

Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
i've got a cutie mark disease. cuz i have alot of them.
the two main ones i had when i was younger, alot of them have developed along the way.
when i was in second grade my teacher asked us. "what do you want to be when you grow up"
i'm a Christian and i won't apologize for it, but i know it can be a sensitive issue so i'll keep it brief.
i told her i wanted to be a missionary.
the other passion i've had in my life since before i can remember is telling stories. in the last 10 to 15 years i've been working on writing down all my stories, some in a novelette form others in graphic novel form. but the medium isn't important to me. i just love stories. so i would love to tell, read, and listen to stories till the day i die. not sure how to make either of these a cutie mark. so my pony just wears a dress, so it doesn't look like pony pox. XD

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
I was doing an elective course at University, which was sort of related to my major, but not really.  And it just clicked.  I was like 'This is what I'm passionate about, what have I been doing up until now'  It took a long time to get to that knowledge, and I'm still to really follow through due to a few things, but I know what it is I want to do now.

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »
I would say "I don't know" if I was being honest...but I know that I love travel. I'm artsy, but never really good enough to sell or make money off of the things I paint. I love love love helping people and cheering people up, but I'm also really not good at it.  :cloud: Typically when I try to hard at something, I end up awkward and have terrible timing, so...I just adapt to whatever will help for today and get me to where I want to be in the future: a nice house, (secretly I want kids eventually) a couple trips to Disney World, and a big fluffy dog.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal