collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

I hang out at the Arena:

for the ponies!
474 (45.8%)
for the dolls!
77 (7.4%)
for both!
166 (16%)
because Loa is awesome!
58 (5.6%)
just because! (or "other")
98 (9.5%)
for the friends!
163 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 505

Author Topic: I'm curious about Arena members. :)  (Read 3871 times)

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm curious about Arena members. :)
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
I joined because I have collected ponies since I was five (G2 Lightheart with her canopy bed was my first :3), and I had spent a while going through fansites (eventually leading me to buy my first G1's). I eventually came across this place, and everyone here was awesome. Especially Loa. :P
Around that time I had decided to try out something that I'd seen on other sites - customizing. It looked like a lot of fun, and despite my lack of artistic talent, I decided to try it (hence the username :P)
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »
I actually was a member of another pony board, and would lurk on the Arena for news on which new G3s had been spotted and where.  I had already been buying G1s from my local flea market and on ebay, but the forums introduced me to trading!  And I did quite a few back in the day, since I had loads of doubles of G1s.

I stay now because I still love to collect the ponies, discuss them, and be around other collectors.  And Loa is awesome anyway.  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Rarityfan2011

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2013, 11:42:45 PM »
For both friends and ponies.

CowgirlApplejack

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »
I joined the Arena because I wanted to buy ponies. Oh, the addiction! Oddly enough, since joining, all I've done is sell ponies LOL. My dream is to live in an Airstream, and me and over 600 ponies would be battling for space. There are a few I can't part with, but the rest are going to good homes with more corral space than an Airstream will allow :)

Offline Cron Sacchariferous

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Cities in Dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
The only thing that has made me consider adding more to my pony collection I otherwise would not have cared for before is expanding my list for gen1. I love unicorns and I told myself I would only pick all unicorns for gen1. They are so dang cute (ponies), and I admire the vintage colors and faces of many of them as they give a nice reminiscence of the 80's... I want MORE! Recently, I made a choice of not collecting all unicorms but only so so softs and the foodie ones. I'm just afraid that I might turn into a pony hoarder! Just want to stick with the ones that identify with me the most and ones I have a strong bond to. Also, I can't afford to make my pockets weep, this pony needs to eat too ya know. :p

unchainedaura

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2013, 09:00:19 AM »
I joined because I recently rediscovered mlp after years in the trans you must be as manly as possible closet, mlp inspired me as a kid and now I'm back and hoping to bring a few of the old ponies back maybe even sculpt a few of the older generation in new style for fun.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2013, 09:07:05 AM »
Mostly for the pony:) I do love looking at the dolls and such but I drool over ponies and I tend to find better trades then anything:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2013, 02:57:22 PM »
I joined the arena because I thought for a very long time I was the only one in the world who STILL collected ponies. Then I found this place and was like, "No, way!" So many people who do... and in so many other countries! Then I found out about Nirvana ponies and I was hooked.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »
Well, I got into ponies back in 2011, and I tried to sign up for the Arena then, but I never got approved. I didn't know that you guys were in the process of moving, though. Anyway, I forgot about it for a while, but then, later, I got into Monster High. Then I remembered that the Arena had a doll board, so I decided to try joining again, and I got approved that time. C: So, really, I joined for the dolls.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal