collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

I hang out at the Arena:

for the ponies!
474 (45.8%)
for the dolls!
77 (7.4%)
for both!
166 (16%)
because Loa is awesome!
58 (5.6%)
just because! (or "other")
98 (9.5%)
for the friends!
163 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 505

Author Topic: I'm curious about Arena members. :)  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Mysticolt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
Re: I'm curious about Arena members. :)
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2013, 04:18:41 AM »
I joined because I'd gotten back into collecting ponies for the first time in over a decade after watching MLP : FIM.

I love that this site focuses a lot on ponies and collecting, especially since the Brony forums I tried were more fandom based and not that concerned with the toyline and collecting. I especially love
seeing all the talented customs on this site, since I've been working on improving my customising skills over the last few months.

It's great to be on the arena to interact with such nice, friendly people who share my interests, it's got me paying more attention to Monster High, though I'm only allowing myself to watch the animations and not to buy any dolls, I can't afford another expensive obsession! The Ponies and Masters of the Universe are already taking up too much space lol!
 :yikes:
He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2013, 04:22:41 AM »
I had been a member of the TP for about a year, and had heard good things about the arena. So I decided to check it out. I love both places. :)

Flanuora

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »
I am new but I like it here already.  I came for the dolls mostly.  Then I saw all the G1 and beautiful custom pony photos. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 So, I started to remember my ponies that I had as a child.  Now, I am on a hunt for a couple of them with some bids out.  *finger crossed* Someday it might be fun to try my hand at a custom.  For now, I'd be happy to learn how to style their hair so it's as beautiful and silky I the ones I have seen in your photos.   I also hope to make some new friends while I collect a few ponies.  They can play with my dolls and I can smile when I see them.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »
I put I hang out here for the ponies. I also put Just because. I really couldn't put for friends. :/

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 07:36:16 AM »
I voted and forgot to post, whoops.

I started for the ponies (got into G4 then joined, and the Arena is actually why I opened up to older gens!) and stayed for the dolls (specifically MH, but the Dollhouse forum actually made me more receptive to Pullips and BJDs...)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:36 AM »
I joined for the ponies, and being part of a community is a plus! I don't have much of a social circle so the arena is a great place to socialize with new people.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »
Here for the ponies :)

Vulpy

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2013, 08:28:55 AM »
I joined for the Ponies. I grew up with G3, but my Mom gave me some of her childhood G1s too. She had Windy, Butterscotch, Moonstone, Peachy and her cat, and Applejack. ^^ The G3s I had were SLH Petal Lily, Autumn Skye, Moondancer, Tulip Twinkle and Sparkleworks. When I moved recently (Well, a few years back), I lost all my Ponies EXCEPT for Sparkleworks and Tulip Twinkle. That really got to me, and I stopped collecting.

Then, I stumbled upon G4 in 2011. It brought my love for Pony collecting back. I've managed to replace most of the lost Ponies. Even though I can never replace childhood toys completely, I'm happy that I managed to find replacements for those Ponies. ^^ They bring back happy memories.

Offline megsense

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/megsense/
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:19 AM »
Came for the ponies and was pleased *VERY* pleased to find dolly people too! ;D

I've just recently wandered back, currently I'm more into the dolls but I still have the goal of re-collecting my childhood ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Line art from MLP:fim

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 08:38:26 AM »
I joined for the ponies, I stayed for the friendliness (And the ponies) :D

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 08:55:20 AM »
I came to the Arena originally to purchase some of the G4 ponies which were just too hard to find where I live in the UK.  Then I started reading the other forum pages (other than the Sales pages) and I actually started to like it here, you're such a friendly bunch, not at all like some of the Brony sites which mostly seemed to be a bunch of teenage boys squabbling over which pony was best (and woe betide anyone who suggested any other generation had anything which was better).  I did actually go on a brony meet-up and felt like a school teacher on a school outing with her pupils...not cool  :(

Anyhoo, here I can explore the collectors side of the MLP fandom and I like it here.  Since becoming a member, I have gotten into collecting the G1 and G3's as well - yes I do partially blame you guys for my dwindling bank balance  :P.  So yeah, for me, its ponies and friends  :biggrin:

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2013, 08:56:13 AM »
I came here as a g3 customiser and nothing more. Now I'm a customiser and collector of G3 and G4. After telling myself I would never be a collector. Look at me now lol:)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:51 AM »
I joined after the ezboard TP exploded, and Arena was pretty much the only place to go if you wanted to talk pony.

Like SDS, I am focused on art, and improving oneself through it. Through the Arena I've striven to make my pony-related art better and better, for trading purposes. I love trading my work and time for ponies. I also love art contests where ponies are the prize--I always work harder when it's a pony. :P

Admittedly after G3 ended, I've lost interest in ponies (at least, Bore 7 and what's in stores as of now). I left the pony community in either 2008 or 2009..can't recall right now. But yeah, when Hasbro switched to Bore 7 and Ponyville, I just gave up.

I came back when FiM was in its..second season? I had tried to fit in with a brony forum but, it was filled with horrible, horrible people. I knew the Arena would be far more welcoming. Nowadays I just enjoy reading about nirvana ponies and G1 factory errors, all that, and attempt to trade my work for G1-G3. I actively collect Monster High now, no thanks to the Arena forum *shakes fist* :lol:

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »
So great to read all your stories!

I came to recollect lost ponies and add a few of the "always-wanted" ones... that eventually lead to nirvanas, then G3s (so cute), so far I've resisted G4s (despite being ADORABLE).  I love the sense of community here, and all the different aspects. Im not artistic but I love to peak in on the customs and artwork people do. Ive even bought a few!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »
I originally joined to help out a former friend/housemate with her G1 collection. I needed gift ideas and was referred to The Arena by an online friend that also happened to collect MLP's and told me that this community was the way to go. I had no intention of getting back into My Little Pony in my adult years, but I let my childhood nostalgia get the better of me and was instantly drawn back in to everything pony once I started researching them. Then came the slow ascent into dolls and I was forever doomed.  :lol:

I try to keep up with pony news, but I don't really actively collect them anymore. I'm satisfied with my G1 collection, and sold off all of my G2's and most of my G3's. I'll still pick up a G4 every now and then if something really catches my fancy, but it's only once in a blue moon. My main focus with toy collecting and general interaction within the community is admittedly geared towards dolls now, more specifically Monster High, but MLP will always be remembered fondly as my first love. :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 02:56:37 PM by Mandy85 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal