collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Information About New TRU Exclusives  (Read 3341 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Information About New TRU Exclusives
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
I'm not even sure what oil prices have to do with it. A regular pony costs about $5? So what materials were used that this one is $15? The extra paint? Also, being a "store exclusive" doesn't always mean the price is a lot higher? At least not over here.

Vinyl - the plastic that MLP is made from - is derived from petroleum.  Petroleum is a by-product of crude oil.  As prices per barrel rise, so will the price of plastic.  And so will the price of ponies.  :)

Don't like it?  Don't buy it!  Make this your hill to die on - email, yell, boycott, do whatever you want.  But if you think the price is inappropriate, please by all means indulge your rant at Hasbro.  :-p 

Like NoDivision said, they marked Zecora's price higher and higher... but she still flew off the shelves and sold out. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 06:11:28 PM »
I'm sad to say that I'm not exited of anyone from  this set, is good to see other ponies from the mane 6 however I wish they could have chosen other ponies.  :huh:

The Queen Crystalis is a good idea but she looks very cheaply made, is depresing that they only did a bad painting job in the Celestia mold, at least the small plastic haired has a new mold but I wish they could have used a new mold for the regular bigger pony.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
I'm not even sure what oil prices have to do with it. A regular pony costs about $5? So what materials were used that this one is $15? The extra paint? Also, being a "store exclusive" doesn't always mean the price is a lot higher? At least not over here.

Vinyl - the plastic that MLP is made from - is derived from petroleum.  Petroleum is a by-product of crude oil.  As prices per barrel rise, so will the price of plastic.  And so will the price of ponies.  :)

What Malicieuse is saying is that Shadowbolt RD would take the same amount of oil/plastic/whatever to make as would a regular brushable. Therefore there's no reason she should cost more than $5 if they're still pricing their other brushables at $5. The extra paint to cover the figure is not going to suddenly make the cost of materials three times as much! Neither is having all seven colors of the rainbow in her mane! The price increase is strictly because they're slapping a 'for collectors!!11oneone' label on it.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »

Don't like it?  Don't buy it!  Make this your hill to die on - email, yell, boycott, do whatever you want.  But if you think the price is inappropriate, please by all means indulge your rant at Hasbro.  :-p 

Like NoDivision said, they marked Zecora's price higher and higher... but she still flew off the shelves and sold out. 

and this is probably why we have 3 inch brushables instead of the g1 size brushables as the main run size. Same price yes, Same size? No. In order to keep the price the same, they had to reduce the size.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 07:12:49 PM »

What Malicieuse is saying is that Shadowbolt RD would take the same amount of oil/plastic/whatever to make as would a regular brushable. Therefore there's no reason she should cost more than $5 if they're still pricing their other brushables at $5. The extra paint to cover the figure is not going to suddenly make the cost of materials three times as much! Neither is having all seven colors of the rainbow in her mane! The price increase is strictly because they're slapping a 'for collectors!!11oneone' label on it.

True, true, their costs are going up but in a slow crawl so that only pennies are reflected in the price.  :)  However... the rest is all marketing!  Which, like I said, everyone is free to say, "I refuse this collector's item!" but Hasbro builds their profits into R&D for the next collector's item.

Personally, I'm not buying any of these new ponies.  I look forward to G5!  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 07:14:39 PM »
To save they should recycle all the unsold leftovers of talking Celestias, cadances , applebarn playsets, sosoft heads and G3.5 still in stores  :lol:

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 07:38:33 PM »
Does anypony else know what other ponies are going to be exclusive to TRU?

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 07:43:36 PM »
Does, anyone know what the prices will be for the castle extension and the car thing with Spike, Rarity, and Cadance?

I know those aren't TRU exclusives, but I'm trying to calculate roughly how much money I should put aside until sites start taking pre-orders for all of this stuff.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
AUGUST!!
 UGH !!
oh well least i'll have pleanty of time to save up for them.. ::SIGH::

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »
the amount of pait may not cost much more, but keep in mind that they are likely having to create a whole new production line to produce this toy because her paint is completely different than on any other pony. It's not just stamped on like a cutie mark. Combine that with the fact that there will be a limited run on that line (just this pony as far as we know) and that makes the cost higher as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:11:25 PM by NoDivision »

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Information About New TRU Exclusives
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
Thank you. August is a long time away...

Offline DoctorMowinckel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • A good companion in a weird sort of way.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.edwardrmowinckel.com
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »
Oh boy, new brushables to buy.

In August.

I haven't bought anything since October 'cause it's all been re-releases.

I have a blag about ponies.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:45 PM »
Does, anyone know what the prices will be for the castle extension and the car thing with Spike, Rarity, and Cadance?

I know those aren't TRU exclusives, but I'm trying to calculate roughly how much money I should put aside until sites start taking pre-orders for all of this stuff.
the EW report had prices

the talking TS   49.99                           not for me ! at that price ! hell no!
the Castle        24.99                            yes
Coronation car   22.99                          yes
Princess sets     12.99                          maybe  yes ,it will be nice to keep them mib and have them all                                                                                                         

perhaps :)  the TRU set with 7 ponies might be  44.99  again like the last one
the RD Shodowbolt     anywhere from 9.99 to 18.99  like the last Zecora.

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Mermaid

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:07 PM »
Hopefully tru will have a bogo going on and I can get rainbow bolt free!
Tru also does have coupons! I had a ten dollar off $50 for my last favorite set plus bogo and got my favorite set, done blind bags and a zecora for $40 plus taxes.

Am I the only one who wishes it was a regular shadow bolt or a wonderbolt instead of rainbow dash?! :( ill still buy her if I can get a coupon or bogo but I can wish right?! Haha.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 01:22:26 AM »
Omg you guys don't realise how lucky you are. Our single brushables are $10 ALL the time, and talking celestia and cadance also are $30. The only time they seem to be cheaper is the early Xmas toy sale. If at all. It will still be cheaper for me to pay your prices and shipping than purchase at my retail price (if they were to come here). To me, those prices are really good!!

This... a single pony at Toys R Us here can be up to $12. TRU prices are expensive but they are even more expensive here, especially for exclusives... that Friendship Celebration blindbag set in the white box was $28 in the US, well it is SIXTY DOLLARS here. I would expect to pay close to double the US prices if they ever crossed the pond.

Also, at least the Shadowbolt Dash price is being stated up-front instead of a surprise price hike this time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal