collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Information About New TRU Exclusives  (Read 3375 times)

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Information About New TRU Exclusives
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 10:37:13 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that the other four ponies in the favorites pack will be the 4 other mane 6 since we got RD and PP with glitter the first time.

Glitter AJ, FS, TS and Rarity, I hope I am wrong but that will be pass if it is.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 11:04:38 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that the other four ponies in the favorites pack will be the 4 other mane 6 since we got RD and PP with glitter the first time.

Glitter AJ, FS, TS and Rarity, I hope I am wrong but that will be pass if it is.

The favorites set is:
Chrysalis, Shining Armor, Lyra, Lyrica, Cadance, Diamond Tiara, and :muffin: Pony Hooves/Ditzy Doo.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 01:23:07 PM »
Considering the cost of making the ponies has gone up I am not surprised that the cost of us buying them has as well.  They can only cut back so far to hold the line on prices before there margin disappears and they can not make them so they stop.

Shall have to give it another month or two and then go looking in the computer for SKN, but most likely they shall come in under the same SKN as Zecora and the current fan favorites collection.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »
Hm the Favorites Collection isn't as expensive as I was expecting it to be! :D
Shadowbolt RD is a bit pricey but knowing me I'll end up getting her anyways, she's really cool looking!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »
Well shadowbolt has painted details all over, so it seems fair to me.

Agreed.  It's not really a toy at this point (with all that extra production cost); it's a collectable, so under $20 is probably reasonable.

Well, some G3 ponies had more paint on them than others. Their price didn't just go up because of that.
I highly doubt that the added paint will turn a $5 pony into a 15$ pony. It's not like they are really rare either or even as detailed as some of the fair exclusives we have seen in the past.

With the added shipping costs, these sets are going to be very expensive to get...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »

Agreed.  It's not really a toy at this point (with all that extra production cost); it's a collectable, so under $20 is probably reasonable.

Well, some G3 ponies had more paint on them than others. Their price didn't just go up because of that.
I highly doubt that the added paint will turn a $5 pony into a 15$ pony. It's not like they are really rare either or even as detailed as some of the fair exclusives we have seen in the past.

With the added shipping costs, these sets are going to be very expensive to get...
Well I think it's fair, considering she is made for collectors and has paint all over her. Its not fair to compare her to any fair exclusives either or other older ponies who had more paint on them. The latter were never sold for collectors.
In an ideal world,  she'd be $10, but not much we can do.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »

Well I think it's fair, considering she is made for collectors and has paint all over her. Its not fair to compare her to any fair exclusives either or other older ponies who had more paint on them. The latter were never sold for collectors.
In an ideal world,  she'd be $10, but not much we can do.
Yes but most fair ponies where limited editions, so they cost more.  Many of the G3's that had fancy designs where full release, not limited editions.  The "shelf" price of the art ponies what two to three times the "shelf" price of a normal G3 so THIS IS NOT SOMETHING NEW!

And again the cost of making the ponies has risen, sooner or later it has to show in the shelf price. 

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »

o.0 So just because collectors are buying them, they should cost more? I don't see that logic. If she's not a limited edition and the paint and details added are small, why a threefold price increase?

Because they're trying to wring all the money they can out of this pony fad, that's why. You can slap the words 'for collectors' on a box and charge twice as much without changing a single other thing.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 02:07:13 PM »
Definitely getting that favorites set. :)

Doesn't Shadowbolt Dash have a lot more hair colors?  All 6 in mane and tail?  Might be a reason for the price increase?
Although I probably won't be getting her, I think it's better to say "she is $15" up front than to say "she is $10... I mean $15... I mean $18..." like they did with Zecora.

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 02:13:33 PM »
*round around on the floor because I still don't have any money don't live never a TrU can't seem to get hired and August is when I start preping for my biggest con*

Offline Diamond

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 02:18:27 PM »
Definitely getting that favorites set. :)

Doesn't Shadowbolt Dash have a lot more hair colors?  All 6 in mane and tail?  Might be a reason for the price increase?
Although I probably won't be getting her, I think it's better to say "she is $15" up front than to say "she is $10... I mean $15... I mean $18..." like they did with Zecora.
Zecora in only had once price increase in the TRU computer from $9.99 to $16.99.

As to the whole more money for a collectors pony then a regular pony, keep in mind that the collector pony is a limited release, when you make less of something it costs you more to make it.  So it cost more to sell it.

Seriously gang, have you not noticed how much more it cost you fill up your gas tank from say a year ago to now?  Well ponies are made from oil by products so if that goes up the cost of making them go up.  Sooner or later they need to raise the prices or MAKE THEN EVEN SMALLER to keep the price the same. 

I get you do not like the price, then do not buy it BUT demand will cause prices to raise as will cost of living and raw product. 

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 02:30:51 PM »
I'm pleasantly surprised about the Favorites collection - I expected it to be closer to $50.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
Not interested in Shadowbolt RD or Nightmare Moon, but I will absolutely be getting the favorites set! :D I'm so excited they including Shining Armor and none of the main six! :frolic: Even if I'll have two Lyras, the new one is slightly different because of her hair color :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 02:47:42 PM »
Shadowbolt Dash does have all six colors in her mane but her tail is only blue and purple. She also has bangs! I will be getting both her and the new favorites collection ^.^ I'm really excited to see how they package the two.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »
Oh darn, so the Shadowbolt pony IS Rainbow Dash? AND sold separately. Pass. I was really really excited that it looked like a Shadowbolt pony was coming out, but if it's just another version of Dash......eh. If I were clever enough I could rehair her and turn her into a new pony, but for my lack of skill and that rice I think I'll have to miss out. Poo. Well, the actual favorites set still has me SUPER excited!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal