collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony purchase regrets?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony purchase regrets?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 01:17:23 AM »
See my sig
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:47 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 02:51:09 AM »
Wayyy back when the g4's came out and I thought they were ugly.  >_< Passed up on so many ponies. That I later paid much more for.

hahaha me too :D
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 03:31:02 AM »
See my sig

Bwahaha!

I regret not picking up a G3 plush when I saw them in Tescos. I was on my way to the cinema at the time and didn't want to drag it in there with me! Of course, when I went back they were gone. :(

Moonracer

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 04:55:16 AM »
Oh, there've been a few...

Most recent one happened at the beginning of December - someone was auctioning a small lot of G1 ponies, among which were Forget-Me-Not, Talk-a-Lot, Princess Serena and, I guess, two Sweetheart Sisters. The lot was purchased by some female pony dealer for really cheap. I didn't know such auction even took place, since at the time I was saving some cash for Christmas gifts and took a break from pony collecting. Still though it makes regret I hadn't checked the auction site more thoroughly, especially that there's been only one bidder and in the end the whole lot went for something around 26 zlotys (something around 8 bucks). :( 

Eventually I bought Forget-Me-Not and Talk-a-Lot from her for fairly reasonable prices, but it still left a bit of a distaste in my mouth. :P

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »
So many late night/middle of the morning auctions - when I either literally fall asleep at the keyboard or sleep through my alarm. So many missed items. I refuse to think of them too often as it makes be stroppy :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 09:47:13 AM »
Paying $18.00 for a G4 Lyra Heartstrings/ Trixie Lulamoon for $10.00 then months later the two being $5.00 at my local walmart -_-

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
The one I'm forever cicking myself for is a couple of sets of MOC Bright Sight petites on eBay some time ago. Can't remember what they went for, but I guess I was hard up for cash and didn't think it was worth it at the time. Big mistake, as I have never seen them again.

Jemstar666

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 10:30:06 AM »
Many a time I have sat up in front of the computer waiting for a listing to end at 3am just to then shut my eyes only for a second, then finding myself sleeping on the keyboard.

Others is seeing a brand new listing with a low buy it now and trying to ring my oh to ask if it was ok to buy myself another pony, then to see it sell right in front of my eyes!!!! *Wails* mommy and baby sugarberry *wails some more*

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »
Not buying all the G3's I could get my hands on at the time they were in stores.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
So many sad stories! I got Crowning Glory, Royal Beauty, and Pretty Palace in a lot of ponies off of ebay. I ended up paying about $3.00 per pony in that lot, so that's the trade value I put on them. I traded them for 3 really common G1s. Then I saw they were selling on ebay for around $20.00 each. Oh well, I did end up with three nice G1s that I really wanted.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »
One more... this one's not about ponies, but it is an 80's toy :)

When I was little, in addition to ponies, I collected Jem and the Holograms dolls. One day my mother was at the toy store and noticed all of the Jem merch marked down on clearance. It was 1988 and Hasbro had just canceled the show and the toy line.

She threw a number of dolls and *gulp, sigh, wipe away tears* SECOND YEAR FASHIONS (which, for those who aren't into Jem, are the most sought after, still going for $300-$400+ MOC). My lovely mother then decided that because I no longer played with my dolls on a regular basis, I had outgrown them... And promptly put it all back.

Funny thing is, I didn't hear about this until the late 90's, when she saw me trolling Ebay for Jem and ponies. She then explained what had gone down that fateful day in 1988 and I was :dropjaw:     and     :argh:     and     :enraged:  !!!!!!

Just imagine rows and rows of your most beloved G1's, MOC, being PUT BACK on the shelves!! Now, I love my mother dearly, but for about 10 minutes after she recounted the tale I was fit to be tied. We of course then made up and lived happily ever after  :lol:

Anyone else?
:biggrin:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »
I missed out on a lot of ebay items when I was horribly anemic, falling asleep as an auction ended. It was horrible, There could have been a yardsale across the street with a box of rares and lavender dream castle for $10 and I wouldn't be able to make it out of the front door awake...

There's a few I wished I had been more patient with, like I got them in yucky shape just to get them. Then I didn't enjoy them. Now I try and be patient and wait for ones that are near perfect even if it takes longer.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:00:40 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »
Really regret not bidding on Baby Greek Minty about a year ago when she was up on ebay! I'd recently spent money on ponies and was waiting for next paycheck. Have yet to see one relisted except for Chloe and really holding onto my funds for that Minty!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 06:25:20 PM »
I remembered another:

Staring at a wall of Target exclusive g3 babies that had been marked down on clearance very early into my collecting days.  I had *no* idea they'd ever be worth anything so I only bought the ones I liked.  And, seriously, there was a full end cap of them, including the winter babies (Baby Northern Lights and Baby Winter Ice) but I. . .  Left them. 

Still kicking myself for that one.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal