collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony purchase regrets?  (Read 3431 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony purchase regrets?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »
All the gen 1 ponies I passed over as a kid at the flea, should have picked up ones I already had for trade fodder.

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
Sooo many chances to get big brothers, or the rarer TAF ponies that I've passed up on. I notice right now on ebay Yum Yum, Nightglider, and Munchy are not even listed at all. I hope these people are just saving them to sell at the fair! ;)
There is a Moon Jumper up right now that is SO tempting. I've never seen her before but I don't know her normal pricing and how rare she REALLY is. But oh god is she cute D:

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »
I remember seeing G3 Tinka-Tinka-Too in stores several years ago. I wish I would have gotten her, considering how rare and expensive she is now.

She's rare?? God, I have her. Didn't know that!
I heard the original G4 Applejack FS with the forelock is rare now too, she was my first G4 and I didn't know that either! But I could be wrong on that one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »
No problem baby_yoyo! So glad pony karma came back around to you ~ and so quickly!!   :P

That's it. I've decided. I am going to track down, buy and send you guys the ponies that you regretted not purchasing!!!! Well, I would REALLY like to  ;)

More stories! Tell us your tales of woe!
:biggrin:

CottonTALE

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »
I have been only collecting since November of 2012, and I have so far had no regrets... except one.

In September I paid my local comic book store a visit, they had a box of older-gen ponies that were collecting dust pretty much. I decided to take a look inside that box was and there was a long blonde-haired pink pony... It was a Rapunzel!!! I didn't know what I had in my paws at the time, so I just put her back in the box...they ended up throwing the box out the next week because nobody was buying them.

Offline Queen Eclipsia

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »
I have been only collecting since November of 2012, and I have so far had no regrets... except one.

In September I paid my local comic book store a visit, they had a box of older-gen ponies that were collecting dust pretty much. I decided to take a look inside that box was and there was a long blonde-haired pink pony... It was a Rapunzel!!! I didn't know what I had in my paws at the time, so I just put her back in the box...they ended up throwing the box out the next week because nobody was buying them.

^^^^^I just died a little inside reading this^^^^^

I have one for ya! The year before last I was Christmas shopping with my "frenemy" and her 3 yr old daughter. We were at Wal-Mart and she was pushing her shopping cart in the aisle and was directly in front of me. Her daughter was waking around picking up stuff and I stopped in front of the MLP section, saw ONE FS Applejack sitting on the shelf right at the end of my cart- just out of reach. I muttered "Yes!!!! They have AJ!" which naturally got her child's attention- and, as if in slow motion, as I was desperately trying to get in front of my own cart to grab the coveted toy, her daughter SOMEHOW slinks in between both of our wagons, grabs AJ, and shows her mom, who casually tosses her in her wagon. Arghhhh! A couple days later, I even texted her to ask if she wouldn't mind trading that AJ for a Rarity (I had 2 of them!) or a Fluttershy. She said "No thanks, AJ is the ONE pony she doesn't have." I have a hard time liking that kid to this day. Just kidding. I have no grudge against that kid. I have a hard time liking HER MOTHER after that!

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »
Stores around here were drowning in Carousel Boutique sets not that long ago, but I was on the fence about getting it. I knew I wanted Sweetie Swirl, but I didn't want the whole playset. Then I started researching her and discovered that I could get her cheaper by just going to Zellers or something and buying the whole set. Naturally, that's when they disappeared. :argh:

Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned a valuable lesson about collecting. When you see a pony you want, grab it! If you wait too long, you'll end up paying through the nose for it on eBay.
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

CottonTALE

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »
Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned a valuable lesson about collecting. When you see a pony you want, grab it! If you wait too long, you'll end up paying through the nose for it on eBay.
This!!! I love that! My local Zellers had the carousel boutique, and then next time I came in... they vanished too. They still have 2 balloon sets left and I'm hoping to snag one of them before they are gone.

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »
Oh my I have many of these moments of pain. 
I recently saw a bunch of G3.5 newborn cuties is a lot all with complete accessories for $15.  They had the nursery set which made the lot heavier to ship so I emailed the seller about taking that piece out and charging less in shipping.  Well what do you know by the time I get a message back it's already sold.  I haven't felt that sick in a long time. 
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »

^^^^^I just died a little inside reading this^^^^^

Ditto to that!  :whoa: Someday we'll master time travel and use it to go back and fix our pony mistakes.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
When I finally started collecting all the G4's It always came to my mind , Where was I in 2010 How come I did not know anything about the MLP before July 2012 ???!!!! LOL
thoughts like that would haunt me when I was after something that was released in 2010 ,2011 or early 2012 !!LOL
I think I even had dreams where I had everything and I was caught up and I did not have to overpay for it on ebay !!!LOL
the reality was different  LOL I did over pay to get it all LOL
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:35:28 PM by Houstonbrony72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
I really regret not picking up all the G3 Birthflower ponies as well. I picked up December which I still have MIB, but I'm kicking myself that I didn't get any of the others! Especially June, my own birthmonth :cry: Also, I saw a BIN for a lot on ebay one time for $70. There were a ton of G1s including Big Brothers WITH THEIR HATS AND BANDANAS!! But I had no money at the time and someone else snatched it up within the hour :cry:

This has to be the worst! :yikes: :cry:
My Wish List

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »
I have an other one, but this is not for the sensitive!
When I told my friend that I started to collect MLP G1, she asked me what it was. So I told her "You know, the ones we played with as kids?" She said "Oh, I have a bunch of them, but my dog ate them all."
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
And she was right, all of the ponies was massacred, like beyond restoration.. And the thing is that she knows the dog eats EVERYTHING, she just donĀ“t care about it..

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 11:37:43 PM »
I remember seeing G3 Tinka-Tinka-Too in stores several years ago. I wish I would have gotten her, considering how rare and expensive she is now.

She's rare?? God, I have her. Didn't know that!
I heard the original G4 Applejack FS with the forelock is rare now too, she was my first G4 and I didn't know that either! But I could be wrong on that one.

My mistake! I meant Tinka Tinka Too II. The one in the diva post. I need to update my post. Sorry about that.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 01:03:22 AM »
When I started collecting the G4 playful sizes, I wanted them all, even the G4 Minty that was surfacing on the net.  I found her on eBay 2 times but her price was OUTRAGEOUS! there was one that sold for like 400$ and there was another that was trying to be sold for $1000.  Now I'm not made of that much money lol so it's more of a Pain rather than a regret... -.- I'm still waiting for her to come out, but I think it be even better to have a G4 Minty from G1.. I may have to commission when I have the money again :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal