collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster Pic Spam - thread 3  (Read 41815 times)

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Pic Spam - thread 3
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »

@Tribble79: That little rat is an ADORABLE pet for your Gorgon girl! Did you make it yourself? It kind of reminds me of the stories, where a snake owner will buy a live rodent for their snake to eat; only for the snake and the rodent to become buddies!

I hadn't decided on a backstory for the pet yet... Took me FOREVER to come up with Sylvie's name! I did not make the rat, got her at a yardsale but she is made out of shells and painted - would be super easy.... Thanks!!!

I think You should have entered your Spectra in the contest anyway, She looks gorgeous there!
Thank you! But to be honest, I also kind of missed the deadline, too. Oh well! Next time for sure. :) At the very least, I got some nicer pictures of her.

And I guess the pet story is something you'd have to decide along with Sylvie's own backstory, too! What kind of ghoul she is, etc.

(also; have you thought about tying a ribbon around where her snake ponytail begins)

I hadn't thought of that but that is a great idea! I've been trying to come up with ways to dress up her "hair" since it's molded and not really hair....

I wanted to enter this contest also, but ran out of time.... I had a great idea for a dress for Sylvie, but maybe next time for both of us ;)

Post Merge: February 20, 2013, 09:14:22 PM

I'm a terrible photographer and I'm bad at posing dolls, but I'm pleased with it. :)
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Cleo and Deuce are one of my favorite couples. Them and Lagoona and Gil are my absolute favorite couples! :heart:

I think you did an awesome job at posing them! I know when I try to pose, they just look like they are standing or sitting, whatever position I've put them in. Some of the doll pictures people take make the dolls look engaged in whatever the photo is showing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:14:22 PM by Tribble79 »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »
I have a background in professional photography... And yet some of my photo lack depth or realism... It annoys me sometimes that the dolls dont have more realistic qualities, but then again that might be a bit weird, seeing as how they are monster.. O.o

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »
Gave Demetria a haircut until I get round to rerooting her. Also dressed her in the newest Lala fashion. She won't be so freakin PINK when she has new hair XD
Ooh, what color are you rebooting her?

dunno yet, ordered a few samples to see what I like. Something dark, but not black or brown

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
I'm a terrible photographer and I'm bad at posing dolls, but I'm pleased with it. :)
Spoiler

Cleo and Deuce are one of my favorite couples. Them and Lagoona and Gil are my absolute favorite couples! :heart:

I think you did an awesome job at posing them! I know when I try to pose, they just look like they are standing or sitting, whatever position I've put them in. Some of the doll pictures people take make the dolls look engaged in whatever the photo is showing.

Thank you so much! That truly means a lot! :heart: I've never really photographed my dolls other than taking pictures of my collection so I figured I'd give it a try! :) I would love to be as talented as other photographers here, but I personally don't have any good equipment other than a point n' click and a smart phone. So I'm just using my smart phone and a filtering app to make my pictures look a little less like crap. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

HanaMaehata

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2013, 10:16:17 PM »
The posing is actually SO ADORABLE, Bow Tie! I'm not that great at photos, either (yet) but the only way to learn is if you try! I think it's a v sweet picture overall. :)

Also, Ravie, maybe you could try... I don't know what it would be in other stores, but maybe a color like Dollyhair's Kiss of Death or Garnet Jewel?

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:49 PM »
The posing is actually SO ADORABLE, Bow Tie! I'm not that great at photos, either (yet) but the only way to learn is if you try! I think it's a v sweet picture overall. :)

Also, Ravie, maybe you could try... I don't know what it would be in other stores, but maybe a color like Dollyhair's Kiss of Death or Garnet Jewel?

Thank you so very much! :heart: :blush: I'm glad you like it! :) I've been messing around with some different poses and that one has to be my favorite pose.

Spoiler

There are some other poses I want to do, but their arms aren't flexible enough as you can tell in the first picture with Cleo's left arm. :(
-Bow Tie

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »
Those are adorable!!!

faunabay

« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2013, 10:40:49 PM »
I don't have any Cleo's except DT but I do really like the SS Cleo as well.  I'll probably end up with it later.   ;)  Although my Duece seems to be flirting with Rochelle so you never know.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:47:39 PM by faunabay »

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2013, 11:03:04 PM »
Those are adorable!!!

Thank you! ^.^ :heart:

I don't have any Cleo's except DT but I do really like the SS Cleo as well.  I'll probably end up with it later.   ;)  Although my Duece seems to be flirting with Rochelle so you never know.   :thumb:

I absolutely adore SS Cleo! I wasn't sure which one to use in the pictures because the only Deuce I have is Scaris Deuce so I figured SS Cleo would fit best outfit-wise. XD I do hope you get her one day! She's gorgeous! :heart: Well, I'm sure Cleo wouldn't like that if Deuce is flirting with Rochelle. :lol:
-Bow Tie

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »
Howleen got her claws done to match her hair. :P

Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2013, 10:52:15 AM »
Your Abbey is gorgeous CrazyCatPony! I love the fur she's laying it! It's totes perfect for her! :)

Shockponie, you did a great job on the nails! They look gorgeous! I don't have a steady hand to paint nails perfectly! You're very talented! :)
-Bow Tie

faunabay

« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:05 AM »
Howleen got her claws done to match her hair. :P

I love her nails painted and adore that little dog!! 

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
Ok... So I had bought a couple extra of the Scaris Abbey and Draculaura a while back, and I got some of the fp's, but I have been meaning to get around to putting them in the fp's and photographing them... Well Spanish class was cancelled tonight so guess what I did  :biggrin: Here are my girls in their fp's (abbeys club ensemble is sans pants or shoes.... and her snowboard was here but it wasnt tall enough to hide things  :lol: I also added in SC Draculaura (forgot Lagoona!!  >_<) Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have the rest of the fp's I want... and an extra cleo somewhere... Anyone have any suggestions on which Cleo to use for her fp?? **Ignore the baby toys in the back  :lol: )

Offline aikiaelf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Custom Bait Pony
  • Space Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2013, 12:22:53 AM »
Well she's Monster Highish. This is Celeste Steele, a beautiful blue alien. She uses Scaris Abbey's body and Una Verse's head with custom eyes.

Waiting by maharielskye, on Flickr

Waiting Two by maharielskye, on Flickr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal