collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your latest most surprising find?  (Read 1803 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
What's your latest most surprising find?
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:33:39 PM »
It doesn't have to be the one worth the most money or even that hard to find.  (and not any of the newer ones because we've all been looking for those  LOL) But what's the latest doll you've come across that you weren't expecting at all?  .....One of those older releases you're surprised to still find.

I'm pretty new to monster high dolls so mine might not be that interesting to you who've been with them for a long time.   :P  But what I've run across in the last week is a wave 2 Lagoona and a Kohl's exclusive Operetta!!  Since I am so new I picked up both of them with a puzzled look on my face wondering which ones they were.  Once the light bulb went off though I decided I had to have both!   ;)

So what's yours? 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's your latest most surprising find?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:12:46 PM »
I found a wave 2 signature Lagoona today. She was so beautiful I couldn't resist getting her. I found her at Kmart.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

faunabay

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »
Yep I thought she was too beautiful to pass up too Dazzlekitty!!  And I didn't think I even wanted a Lagoona....yeah right!   :blush:

angelfish

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 11:00:10 PM »
I know she's new but I found Roller Maze Clawdeen today at Target!  Was not expecting  her at all and kinda figured she'd be difficult to find.  I let out a happy yelo when I saw her....:D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 11:37:01 PM »
I was surprised to find the new Swimline dolls at my Local Fred Meyers stores! Grabbed me Venus!
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

faunabay

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 12:00:59 AM »
Don't you just feel like jumping up and down for joy when you find one of these?  lol  It's just so fun!!! 

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 12:04:26 AM »
I found the Gloom Beach 5 pack today at my local Target.  Must've been a return.  One box amongst a bunch of SS packs.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 02:01:05 AM »
I went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago, and they must have cleared out the old stockroom or something, because buried behind a bunch of the newer dolls (the school-based dolls, picture-day and a couple Scaris ones) ... was Signature Abbey!! :O And I'd been searching for her like crazy!! I just about lost it, I was sooo excited!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 05:27:14 AM »
I saw someone grab a signature Abbey at Target the other day. I wish I had found her first! She was the last one. The women who grabbed her took off like crazy after finding her. I didn't get a scalper vibe from her, though. She may have been a collector, albeit a shy one. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 05:50:35 AM »
Last week at Target, I actually found a Scaris Deuce!  It was completely unexpected, and I was ecstatic!  I was also surprised to find the swim line dolls at my local Fred Meyers!  They almost NEVER have new stuff there!
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

hamsteh

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 06:02:08 AM »
Found the newest CAM starter sets yesterday, first I've seen of them in the UK. n__n Got the Blob/Ice set I'd been after. ^.^

Pony_Mommy

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 06:27:28 AM »
I found 3 signiture Abbeys the other day grabbed one , also found 2 wave 2 Lagoonas which sadly I had to pass on because of lack of money which I am regretting now.

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »
In a bag of doll clothes at Goodwill there was Sig Deuce pants, shirt, and jacket as well as a Sig Clawdeen skirt and jacket :)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 07:05:31 AM »
I saw someone grab a signature Abbey at Target the other day. I wish I had found her first! She was the last one. The women who grabbed her took off like crazy after finding her. I didn't get a scalper vibe from her, though. She may have been a collector, albeit a shy one. :)

For those of you looking for signature Abbey, she is becoming something of a shelf warmer here at Kmart and Shopko so let me know if you meed me to get one for you.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 08:50:01 AM »
These two! (Scaris Deuce & CAM Gorgon)
I didn't even expect them to be out in germany, since most of you US peeps are still searching for them and we usually get stuff like 2-3 months after the US.

So it was quite a surprise as I was just casually strolling by the toystore in the mall near my university.
I was actually just going to the mall to pick up one of those MLP G1 shirts at H&M but thought I should check if they had any 3-eyed-ghouls left, since mine has a somewhat misplaced 3rd eye - For that toystore NEVER.GETS.ANYTHING.NEW. ..well, turned out that day they did. YAY! ^^;

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal