collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 14  (Read 41821 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 14
« Reply #1410 on: February 21, 2013, 03:24:52 AM »
Soooo, according to some people on tumblr cable guides are claiming Scaris will air on March 1st, at 6PM on Nick~! Here's hoping it happens! I can only check my cable provider's schedule online until sometime Wednesday night so I can't add to 'conformation' until I can turn the TV on..

I just checked the guide and Nick just has a bunch of TMNT episodes. No Monster High. Unless it's not on regular Nickelodeon, but like Nick 2 or Teen Nick. I didn't check any of them. I don't have those channels memorized. My son does, but he isn't awake yet.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 21, 2013, 03:28:41 AM »
Hm, some providers might not be up yet or something. Someone did show a picture of their TV screen showing the listing and it was indeed just Nick (Nick 2, btw is just the shows playing on west coast time, at least that's what it was when I had it). I mean, I don't trust anything after the FNF thing where it was going to be on TV then not then yes then DVD release.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 21, 2013, 03:45:19 AM »
I wish they would use this animation style for the webisodes and specials. I think it's gorgeous! I don't mind the animation is in the webisodes and specials, but I prefer this style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=077dqKyYAus

I agree. But it looks really high quality. It probably would have made it far more expensive. But yes, that animation style is very awesome.

Ohmy! I didn't know this yet but now I wish there'd be a 30min cartoon series drawn in this style! :D
But indeed, cartoons like that need to be animated in the classical way.. drawing frame by frame.
The webisodes and 3D work more like puppets in a way where you set a starting&ending point for each limb that moves around. Facial expressions are also presets.
Of course building the 3D models and environments takes longer than drawing them in vectors, but once done, both animate fast and thus save costs. ^^;

Disney is developing an interesting mix of 3D/hand drawn techniques with 'paperman', but I doubt Mattel will pick up on that for the cartoons. sigh. xD

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1413 on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:49 AM »
So, when has Spectra been known as Spectra Von Hauntington?  Walmart has her plush doll on their site under this name rather than Vondergeist  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 21, 2013, 06:12:56 AM »
So, when has Spectra been known as Spectra Von Hauntington?  Walmart has her plush doll on their site under this name rather than Vondergeist  :lol:

Spectra's working title was originally under that name. :) Later, it was later changed to Vondergeist when her trademark was filed.

This is the first image that was ever leaked of the character (which was presumably taken at Toyfair 2011), along with her original name on the box. Around the time she was released, many websites still had her "Von Hauntington" title listed for the character's doll and plush, since that's what they were originally told her name was. I guess some stores just never bothered to change it.  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:22:45 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 21, 2013, 07:09:23 AM »
 :cheer: I finally snagged a werecat fearleading set off of TRU's ebay store!!!   :cheer: :dance2:

I've been stalking the page for so long!  ^_^

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 21, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »
Congrats Daiyuflower! :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 21, 2013, 07:50:40 AM »

Spectra's working title was originally under that name. :) Later, it was later changed to Vondergeist when her trademark was filed.

This is the first image that was ever leaked of the character (which was presumably taken at Toyfair 2011), along with her original name on the box. Around the time she was released, many websites still had her "Von Hauntington" title listed for the character's doll and plush, since that's what they were originally told her name was. I guess some stores just never bothered to change it.  :lol:

Oooh... variant... collection-worthy... *grabby hands*

I mean, uh.... *hides hands behind back*  :blush:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 21, 2013, 08:30:30 AM »
Just spotted Scaris Deuce on a swedish-internet-toy-site, considered getting him but I don't relly feel the boy dolls :/ and he's expensive too I think.. around $34
I still kick myself for not buying Gil when I had him in my hands, he's the only guy I do like X(
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 21, 2013, 08:40:42 AM »
I spotted my fourth Scaris Deuce today... surprised that you guys are having so many difficulties finding them! I would pick some up for people if I had spare funds ><

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 21, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »
I have a question if any one can answer, what is the price of the werecat fearleading pack in store?
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1421 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »
I have a question if any one can answer, what is the price of the werecat fearleading pack in store?

39.99 at toysrus

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »
I wish they would use this animation style for the webisodes and specials. I think it's gorgeous! I don't mind the animation is in the webisodes and specials, but I prefer this style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=077dqKyYAus

Obviously the animation in the ad you posted is more awesome, but I actually like the animation style of the webisodes.  The specials on the other hand.. I can't even watch that craptastic cg.  I want to, but it's just awful to look at, imo.

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:34 AM »

39.99 at toysrus
It's still in stock on the TRU ebay store too if anyone is looking for it :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 21, 2013, 09:40:26 AM »
:cheer: I finally snagged a werecat fearleading set off of TRU's ebay store!!!   :cheer: :dance2:

I've been stalking the page for so long!  ^_^

I'm so glad you posted this- THANK YOU!  I checked the TRU ebay store and sure enough, they were still in stock so I snagged one too! YAY!

Post Merge: February 21, 2013, 09:41:28 AM

39.99 at toysrus
It's still in stock on the TRU ebay store too if anyone is looking for it :)

It is POSSIBLE I grabbed the last one- but it looks like they list these on a very regular basis (along with other somewhat harder to find currently available dolls/cam stuff) so it is definitely worth it to keep checking back!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal