collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you planning to come to the fantastic MN Pony Meet of Fun????

Yah, sure! You Betcha!
10 (34.5%)
Nope, not this year. But next year....
7 (24.1%)
Life is uncertain. I'm not even sure what I'm having for lunch. Maybe?
7 (24.1%)
The Princess Bride is one of my favorite top ten movies of all time. (What do you mean, off topic?)
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet- August 24th in Hines, MN! (Up North!) PM for location!  (Read 13735 times)

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Folks- PLEASE VOTE FOR A FINAL DATE!
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
well I would love more people to come if  the location is a problem like wizzer said we can switch it I come from Minot ND and was looking forward to only 5 1/2 hour drive instead of 8 hr but if it is in the cities I request labor day weekend as it is a long drive and can do other things in the city.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
Now here's a crazy thought...

I live in Mounds View, about 15 minutes outside of the cities.  Mind you, I am not able to host it at my house as it's much much much to small, but our court does have a community room that they rent out to our community.  It's fairly decent sized - at least as big as the room we had last year, if not bigger by half.

LMK what you think about that as an option - I could call the office tomorrow and see how much (if anything), and when it would be available.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2013, 05:48:10 AM »
Cloud Weaver, if you wanted to look into that and just find out the availability and price, that would be great.
I am still happy to have it at Wizzer's place, and I'm probably about the furthest South of anyone- if there's someone else down here, speak up! We should be trading right now! It's going to be at least a 5 hour drive for me, and I'm planning to go up on Thursday or Friday and camp out, then come home on Sunday. It's summer, after all, and a great time for a vacation! If anyone else wants to ride along and do some camping, I'm happy to pick up as many people as I have room for.
I looked for places near the twin cities that are public access but not too public, and there are plenty of pavilions and such, but since we never know what the weather is going to be, I wanted something with walls. I was also looking for something that isn't in the middle of everything- I don't want to have to keep worrying that people might wander up and try to steal ponies, or that there's a family reunion going on at the same pavilion and we have to try to share- I just don't see that going well. But a community room at an apartment complex sounds lovely.
If I remember right from a few pages ago, there are 2 people with homes/cottages near Hines, and this is a good distance for North Dakota's folks (is it just you, Bubbles? I thought there were more ND people...)

I personally will drive all over to go to a pony meet, so maybe that's why I'm not too concerned about Hines...
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2013, 05:53:19 AM »
I'll call today and see what she says.  ^_^

I think doing it at Wizzer's place would be great, but it's just super hard to me to make such a long drive and leave the family for that long.  I'd be leaving my 3 boys (all under 4 yrs old) with hubby for the day.  And while he's great with the kiddos, I don't know if I could do it putting in nearly 9 hours round trip of driving.  =/  It's so hard trying to accommodate everyone from different locations.  *sigh*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2013, 07:27:35 AM »
You guys all make me wish I was still in Minnesota! :( I moved out to Maryland in 2010 when my husband got stationed in DC. I miss my Minnesota people! :)

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »
nope nessa16 is from north dakota as well

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2013, 02:33:54 PM »
I voted for the 24th. 17th would work too; 31st is the weekend of Metacon (local anime con), and I'm still not sure if I'll be attending that.
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »
I voted for the 17th, but could make the other dates work too.  I'm good with Hines or the cities.  Just a heads up for people from the cities heading north, traffic on the weekends out of the cities is bad.  Especially Labor Day weekend.  My parents live 3 hours north of the cities and on holiday weekends in the summer it usually takes an extra hour to two hours  to get there with traffic...  We stopped leaving the cities on memorial & Labor Day because of the traffic.  No matter the date, I will be there.  Are we going to start up that forum for the meet like years past?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
Gosh I wish that I could make it there :( Maybe next year!!! Do you think you will all try for a meet next year?

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2013, 06:17:37 PM »
I'm sure a meet next year will happen, even if its just a few of us!  I'm in!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
That would be so cool if it does happen. :) I want to make it to one!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »
So it looks like the voters are saying August 31st- I'm going to give it a few more days for anyone else to pop in and vote. Kazzellin, Metacon won't be nearly as fun. You should come north.
I think we'll keep the location in Hines, especially since Wizzer was generous enough to offer to host this year.
Cloud-Weaver, will you find out the detail about your place for next year's meet?

I'm going to see how hard it will be to set up that page again- if I remember right, we only had a few people who popped in and chatted, so it might not be worth it.
After the date has been finalized (let's say Wednesday of next week) is there someone who hangs out at the Trading Post who would be willing to post something there?

And as soon as the date is set, we start planning for food and stuff! Wizzer, is there anything we should know? Will we be able to plug crock pots in? Do we need to park on the road or do you have a driveway? I'm getting a little carried away, I know, but I'm so excited!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2013, 03:27:09 PM »
i voted for the 17th, but i'd like to change mine to the 24th.
not sure if my family will be using the house on the 31st or not.
how many people where planning to stay the weekend at my house?
there are a limited number of rooms since it is just a regular house.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2013, 06:55:41 PM »
I picked the 31st.....but I am good with any of those 3 days:)...so Aurora feel free to change my vote if needed....as long as there is a meet I will be happy..he he...and also Ihave all sorts if room for parking no wworries..like I was saying people can camp in my yard....I have one twin bed and a couch...lol....I have no problem with people camping out on my floor...he he..o I am excited.....what a summer filled with ponies this will be :biggrin:....I should have plenty of plug ins for crock pots...as soon as the date is set we should figure out who is bringing what foods and if we are having a cook out or just a pot luck so much planning....I can get ahold of a few picknic tables and I have one I have some tables also :biggrin:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2013, 04:15:03 AM »
I'm pretty sure my clan will be staying at a nearby campground (we love campgrounds! No offense to either of you for your offers!) so no one needs to worry about space for us. And Rosier, I'm not sure how to change a date one there, will you still be able to make it to the meet if it's on the 31st, whether your family is at the house or not?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal