collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Friday Night Frights Discussion (thread my contain spoilers)  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
Friday Night Frights Discussion (thread my contain spoilers)
« on: January 24, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
A place for fans to discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUywskP1fUE&list=LL4YwEx5CecBcs1kQHlFU6cA

Because I think I'm a huge fan. This is the best special to date.

I dunno where to begin. Abbey was amazingly, and even Ghoulia and Draculaura didn't annoy me like the usually do. Heath and Manny fearleading was hilarious.

So...discuss!

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
Re: Friday Night Frights Discussion (thread my contain spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »
Draculaura was extremely adorable. When she kept forgetting to call Clawd 'Coach' and when she and Frankie were giggling. So cute!

I laughed out loud a lot during this special. So many funny moments. I also really liked Robecca's back story.

I wonder if Tor is still dating the gargoyle guy?

ETA: Also, Abbey always gets the best lines. I loved her philosophical musings about snowmen smiles.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
I think this was my favorite special. It didn't have an annoying subplot, it didn't derail characters, and it didn't sink any of my ships! *shot*

But seriously, I loved the message and think it's something little girls and boys could learn something from. And girl power is always fun. Operetta was great in this and Draculaura was back to the way she used to be. Though I wish they'd stop making her voice so high. And I loved Lagoona having a large role. Loved Abbey being deep.

Where are our RM Cleo, Draculaura, Clawd, Deuce, Gill, Heath, and Manny? :cry: And wouldn't a playset of the course be totally awesome?

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 01:00:39 PM »
I also enjoyed it a lot! The message behind it was great for little girls/kids and far FAR better than anything those Barbie Movies promote. x_x

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:02:15 PM »
I was wondering about Cleo and Lala too. Their RM outfits are so cute! I might actually have to find all the RM dolls now. And seriously, a pack of Deuce, Clawd, Manny, Gil and Heath in their SKReaM uniforms would be so fabulous but :cry: so never going to happen :cry:

I loved the fact that it didn't have an annoying subplot as well and Draculaura wasn't all about dating/boys/mememe for a change. She was actually really good in this special. I loved the fact that Operetta got a bigger role. She'sd a tad obnoxious but not in a omgkillhernow way.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
I found Cleo oddly hilarious in this one. She normally gets on my nerves but she was so funny!

And aww poor Jackson would have played with the girls but the boys didn't let him.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
Anyone else notice that Jackson's voice sounded different? Or was I hearing things?

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »
I found Cleo oddly hilarious in this one. She normally gets on my nerves but she was so funny!

And aww poor Jackson would have played with the girls but the boys didn't let him.

I know! His face! He got all happy then the guys dragged him away.

And right after with Cleo "It would look bad if I didn't join in right now, right?" (paraphrasing) when they did the hand circle, that was funny stuff.

I can't find anything I dislike about this special (which is omg rare)

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 02:23:49 PM »
Really loved this one, and it was so great to see Rochelle and Operetta in the mix!! Oppie is my fave ghoul and it was great to see her in action more to get a better feel for how Mattel envisioned her :D

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 02:28:29 PM »
This is my all time favourite special!! I cannot wait to see how Scaris is going to be compared to it. I really hope they make a RM Lala because her outfit is just way to cute to not have! I loved how Lagoona, Oppie, Robecca, Rochelle and Venus got more air time than usual! Lala, Lagoona and Oppie are my fav ghouls so I was so happy to see a lot of them! I am so happy with the development in Lala! Just all around amazing! Many and Heath need a cheer pack!

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »
Clawdeen was a bit of a rock star for thinking that fast to fake being more hurt to get Draculaura to face her insecurities.  Sure, it was manipulation, but sometimes, when it comes down to in the moment friend times like that...it's what it takes to get a friend to really take the risk.  They're good enough friends to talk that out after too- which was also shown realistically.  I liked that.

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

YellowCat

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »
This has to be my fav Monster High special of all time.  I really like the message that the story had- that girls can do anything they want even if it's not something traditionally feminine.  This is a message more girl's franchises need to have instead of fashion, sparkles and endless princess tea parties.  To see this really means something to me, because I went to university for and work in a male dominated field and along the way I had my share of doubters, I still do and I still run into people who think a girl can't do some of the jobs in this field (at my old job the management who were all men would place all the women in menial, low paying jobs regardless of what education and experience they had).  Sometimes I was the only girl in some of my classes, which would sometimes cause some awkwardness.

I have to say way to go Mattel! :frolic:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
I have questions for those of you who have seen the special.

I google imaged Lala, and got to see her outfit but her hair is covered up by her helmet:(  Do you get to see the green in her hair at all?

The images I found for Cleo, I couldn't tell if she is a player or not.  Her hair looks very green, but that doesn't mean anything.  Is she a player and does she have an outfit too?

Anyone care to post some screen caps?  :bateyes:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Ravie

• View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »
I didn't see any green in Lala's hair and it's really short (imagines a super cute bob)

As for Cleo, she's not really a player. She only rejoins the team so she can wear a cute uniform (but doesn't play). The lime green dosn't really stand out on any of them in the special.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
Boo!  The green's mah favorite part:(  The cute outfits are nice too:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal