collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Draculaura, Operetta, & the twins,...do they have a last name?(formerly just DL)  (Read 2100 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Frankie, Clawdeen, and almost all our other MH friends have last names (I think Cupid is the only other exception I can think of) So it got me to thinking/wondering, why Doesn't Draculaura have a last name? Or did I just miss it in one of the journals/books?

So....Does Lala have a last name? How bout Operetta? Meowlody and Purrsephone?>

If so what is it, if its not official, what do you think it could/should it be?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:28:58 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Draculaura...does she have a last name?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:31:29 AM »
Operetta doesn't have a last name either, neither does Meowlody & Purrsephone. I think there might be another who doesn't have a last name.

That same thought came into my head when I first realized Operetta didn't have a last name. :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:08:23 PM »
Vlad the Impaler's last name was Tepes I think. So if you are going off of him being the original Dracula then it could be Draculaura Tepes, although I think she needs at least a middle name if not two to make her sound more regal.

Like Draculaura Anastasia Tatiana Tepes or something. Just my opinion :)

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 12:11:02 PM »
I think Operetta doesn't have a last name because in the book Erik does not, but in the more recent live action movie, his last name is Destler. Dracula does not have a last name at all.

The original Vlad had Dracule hence Dracula, so Vlad Tepes is a descendant.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
Vlad the Impaler's last name was Tepes I think. So if you are going off of him being the original Dracula then it could be Draculaura Tepes, although I think she needs at least a middle name if not two to make her sound more regal.

Vlad's last name was Dracula (and his father was Dracul). Tepes means 'Impaler', it's just a 'nickname' he got from his enemies.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »

Vlad's last name was Dracula (and his father was Dracul). Tepes means 'Impaler', it's just a 'nickname' he got from his enemies.

Yes and Dracule is the now French form of Dracula so that even makes sense, but then Draculaura in theory should not have a last name.

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
I *think* in one of her diaries she mentions her father is not that Dracula. He's actually much, much older than that. So it's not even clear if he has more than one name.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »
........and, isn't Cupid's last name Cupid?

Isn't her first name C.A?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 03:35:30 PM »
Well yes and no... She is the daughter of Eros and her full name is Chariclo Arganthone Cupid. But people call her Cupid. Technically she doesn't have a last name either, as Eros only has one name.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »
I *think* in one of her diaries she mentions her father is not that Dracula. He's actually much, much older than that. So it's not even clear if he has more than one name.

Yep, she mentions it in her School's out (Forbitten Romance) diary:
Beginning with the fact that my father is much older than any monster realizes. I mean he was already a vampire back when togas were first considered fashionable... soooo glad father doesn't wear one anymore. Then there was that whole identity theft calamity that happened when we rented our castle in Transylvania to a total con-monster who went around pretending to be father. Now I have to carry a copy of my death certificate to prove that I really am as old as I say I am cause some monsters think I must be related that loser.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 04:43:36 PM »
I completely forgot/didn't think about Operetta and the twins not having last names, maybe I will change the thread title, because they should have one too!

I'm finding this debate interesting so far, all the Dracula facts and stuff from the journals is very cool...Maybe she and her dad are from such a long time ago that they don't HAVE last names, but they should...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:46:38 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Alicat

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:56 PM »
I think Operetta doesn't have a last name because in the book Erik does not, but in the more recent live action movie, his last name is Destler. Dracula does not have a last name at all.

Haha!! Destler!! Did you watch the horror movie, with Robert Englund as Erik?? lol! That was an... interesting movie, to say the least. Erik has had a multitude of created names  throughout the movies and novelizations But truly, he never had one in the original Leroux novel. So, if you are going by cannon, he did not. His own first name, Erik, was in fact not his birth name either, but given to him by another. Although it never says who Operetta's mother is, we have to assume that Christine is not...

Ah jeez! I have created WAy more questions in my head than I answered!

Foxy_Ninja

Haha!! Destler!! Did you watch the horror movie, with Robert Englund as Erik?? lol! That was an... interesting movie, to say the least. Erik has had a multitude of created names  throughout the movies and novelizations But truly, he never had one in the original Leroux novel. So, if you are going by cannon, he did not. His own first name, Erik, was in fact not his birth name either, but given to him by another. Although it never says who Operetta's mother is, we have to assume that Christine is not...

Ah jeez! I have created WAy more questions in my head than I answered!

Destler is his last name in the Gerard Butler Phantom movie as well. I know his mother refused to name him because he was so ugly to her. Yes we have to assume Christine is not Operetta's mom because she's a normie and not a monster. I have the Gaston Leroux novel myself.

Alicat

[/quote]

Destler is his last name in the Gerard Butler Phantom movie as well. I know his mother refused to name him because he was so ugly to her. Yes we have to assume Christine is not Operetta's mom because she's a normie and not a monster. I have the Gaston Leroux novel myself.
[/quote]

wow! really? now im going to have to re-watch it! is it the same way in the stage version? I have a script floating around here somewhere i need to re-read!  ( i am a huge PHan nut, in case you can't tell, lol!) I even took a family portrait a while back with my Ken and Barbie and Opie!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 09:37:59 PM »
Yep, she mentions it in her School's out (Forbitten Romance) diary:
Beginning with the fact that my father is much older than any monster realizes. I mean he was already a vampire back when togas were first considered fashionable... soooo glad father doesn't wear one anymore. Then there was that whole identity theft calamity that happened when we rented our castle in Transylvania to a total con-monster who went around pretending to be father. Now I have to carry a copy of my death certificate to prove that I really am as old as I say I am cause some monsters think I must be related that loser.
Doesn't she also talk about having been adopted by the "real" Dracula as well? She was born a Roman, IIRC, and was turned into a vampire by Dracula, who then adopted her when her real mother died. I think her real father was a centurion or something. So Draculaura is not even her "real" name.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal