collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: WCIF Combat Boots  (Read 799 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
WCIF Combat Boots
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:00:33 AM »
I've seen high tops (like converse) and combat boots on custom MH dolls, but where do people buy them? I saw some on etsy but I am not really looking to pay 45 dollars for a pair of doll shoes. I've not paid that much for a pair of real people shoes either, except once and I was young and didn't know better but they lasted me 8 years of comfort... Anyway, where can I buy them for a reasonable price?

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: WCIF Combat Boots
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 05:29:51 AM »
The person selling them on Etsy doesn't actually make them by hand. They are mass produced over in china, and they just lie about it. I'm sure Madhatter will chime in here. She has been experimenting with some that she has ordered on eBay to try and pin down the correct size to order. But the same shoes that person on Etsy sells are sold on ebay for like $9 a pair or less. I think you can find them by searching for Pullip or Blythe shoes. I see one that shows up when I search for Pullip Shoes, that has  Draculaura modeling a pair.

Keep in mind that in these shoes, the doll's heel is up in the ankle area of the shoe. It only looks like it fits her correctly. Maddy has told me that the shoes do seem to stay on. They look great when posed.

Styles are pretty much limited to the plain sneaker design. I have been scouring BJD shoe websites trying to find the more elaborate ones in the correct size, which  I believe to be size 1/12, but the ones that small are all just so plain, and have very few boots.

Edited to add.. Well if I had just read that auction I previously mentioned. They tell you the size. No guesswork needed!     ◆ Sneakers Size: 4.6cm (long) x 2.3cm (wide) x 4.7cm (high).

Now I know better what to look for when I hunt through BJD Shoe websites!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:32:24 AM by Maniah »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 05:45:44 AM »
4.6cm is too large trust me ladies. Hmm as Maniah said I'm experimenting with different size shoes from Sellers from China and Japan. I intend to have a nice detailed post about it once my next two batches of shoes arrive. I've ordered different styles and sizes to see what works and what doesn't work. I do have a pair of 4 cm and while they fit they look clownish. I can say as of now you're looking or something 3cm or a bit longer. I will have updates with exact fits an measurements once my shoes are in.

If you want vamp pm me, and we can discuss shoes. I cannot link to live auctions but I can send you an email with shoes that have works so far.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 05:56:11 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This is the image they use for the shoes listed as 4.6cm long. Does it look like they are lying about the shoe size here? Cause It just really doesnt look like they are too big on her to me, and I was debating buying a pair. But if they are lying about the size, then I don't wanna get them and have them be too big. I dont wanna have to deal with the hassle of returns.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 06:11:58 AM »
I was actually looking at that pair. The black pair I bowed you before on Draculaura are the same size as those. They do fit yes, but the soles are huge. I backed down from buying a pair because of the size. The like 3.5 converse fit.

Formerly Maddie

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »
OH! ..I've also been eyeing the china-shoes. lol Even bought a pair of black boots for like $2 a few weeks ago, but I agree.. they look a bit like a clown. :c

I've also been very interested in knowing which of these shoes fit and which not, since I'd like to have some 'flat' boots/shoes for my girls. :>

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »
Try ebay seller mimiwoo.  I've purchased from her before for my Blythe and Pullip dolls, and she has a bunch of sneakers listed for about $5 a pair.  I haven't tried these on my MH girls yet, but I know I have some from my Blythe-collecting days.  I"ll try and take a picture once I dig them out. 

The Doc Marten-style Blythe boots may work as well: http://www.thisisblythe.com/shop/cart.php?target=category&category_id=168&numper=1000
These can get pricey though.  I believe the Blythe pair I own cost me about $28.  I'll take a photo of these too when I get a chance.

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »
I just bought these; http://www.ebay.com/itm/350572026028?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 from an ebay seller, and they are perfect. They are proportionate and fit just fine, and she's got lots of colors and several different styles avialable. Fast shipping too, for international. :D

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 01:36:01 PM

The ones I got were only $12 plus $3 shipping, black combat style boots is what I have...They have them in other colors and with colored side panels. plus some slouch type boots that look as if they would fit as well. Very nice :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:36:01 PM by MacabreDarling »
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 04:47:56 PM »
By the way thank you for posting all these cool links, maybe if I can't find the boots I am looking for I can find a nice alternative.

These are the boots I would like to find to purchase, they are perfect for something I am trying to do. If anyone has a idea where I could get some for not much cost, I'd be happy. They aren't too clowny and they aren't very large compared to the foot.

http://api.ning.com/files/Zba2SkFJ6RNSLgC0j51kJdmqrMObhPfHjD1KYjX1PQk1ykyFkJiTxL8ih0T3IFhFfIFoVJ36uvUicJf2704d52bPzBt4ZSqP/DSCN2295a.jpg
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:53:06 PM by Psivampyr »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 04:51:59 PM »
mimiwoo

Formerly Maddie

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 04:54:57 PM »
mimiwoo
Thank you Madhatterda, I am looking now, but not sure what doll size those boots would be under. I am not familiar with any dolls that are of this variety.
YAY I found the boots, just aren't sure they are the right size. If you have a minute could you let me know what size MH wears? Please and Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:01:31 PM by Psivampyr »

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 05:04:03 PM »
I traced the foot of a monster high doll onto cardboard i will get a measurement as soon as I can find something to measure it with ROFL. So watch this post for an edit.

1.3inches approx from toe to heel (i left a little room for the tootsies too. .5 inches at the thickest part width wise. Hope this helps :) I made the cardboard bend up along the foot to make sure :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:12:00 PM by kaskurgi »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
I sent you a pm. I can link you to some auctions not public to help you out. ;)

Formerly Maddie

Offline Psivampyr

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »
I traced the foot of a monster high doll onto cardboard i will get a measurement as soon as I can find something to measure it with ROFL. So watch this post for an edit.

1.3inches approx from toe to heel (i left a little room for the tootsies too. .5 inches at the thickest part width wise. Hope this helps :) I made the cardboard bend up along the foot to make sure :)

You crack me up hun! lol did it tickle her lil toes?

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »
She had some toe cheese :P Nah lol. I wanted to see how hard it would be to make a pair of shoes so far it's not that bad (using cardboard for the bottom part and just cloth for the rest). However, I still can't for the life of me make darn socks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal