collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Living Dead Dolls  (Read 6007 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Living Dead Dolls
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2013, 02:27:55 PM »
Is there a dead doll called Company?

I've never heard of a LDD named Company before. Hmmm...  :huh: Where did you hear about this doll?

Maybe this is kind of a silly comment, but today I was checking out the LDD archives (again!!) and I noticed that Misery's chipboard poem reads like this:

Misery was alone, which he hated to be
Until he found Tragedy.
Now he follows where ever she may be,
For Misery loves company.

And I thought of Dlunerad's post. If someone didn't know that "misery loves company" is an idiomatic phrase in (American?) English it could sound like he's mentioning another doll, maybe? :blush:

Post Merge: January 28, 2013, 02:40:43 PM

She's finally here!!! :frolic: The post office somehow managed to LOSE her for two days (despite her tracking number saying she was delivered!! x_x) but they finally found her and now she's home with me at last. SHE'S SO PERFECT. A little bit smaller than I was expecting, but that just makes her daintier, the little dear. It is SILLY how in love I am with this doll. Little hearts practically appear above her head when I look at her.

Her name is Anna Magdalena, Maggie or Maggot for short. :inlove:
-snip-

:frolic: She is STUNNING. In your pictures of her I really get a chance to see her details and she still looks just as good as she would in the box! :heart: Pity that it took so long! Come on guys. >_< The important thing is she's there now though. So, congrats on getting her!! She now has a wonderful home and can hang out with your other collections and the MH gang. :biggrin:

Maggot is soooo high on my list it isn't even funny. I can't wait to have my own one day soon! :inlove: Also, Dance of the Dead. I love that movie. :heart: Robert Englund is wonderful in it. As he always is when ever he's in a horror film.

Thank you so much! :heart: I know, I was freaking out, but all is well now. And yes! I think she fits right in. Plus, you were totally right, I almost immediately decided I needed friends for her and ordered Agatha on Amazon. I must admit, I may be stealing her coffin for my baby. :ninja: I hope you find your own little Maggot soon!!

I'm so excited that you know and like Dance of the Dead! :biggrin: I'm a little bit obsessed with it, seriously. I love Robert too, and it's my favorite role of his (yes, even more than Freddy, which I'm also a big fan of). But who really steals my heart is Jonathan Tucker. Can you say swooooon? :faint: Oh my. In fact, the "Anna" part of Maggie's name is a reference Peggy's sister in the film - I maaay have some strange idea in my head that she's Jak and Peggy's daughter, who they would naturally name after Anna. XD
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:40:43 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

SpookyBoo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »
@Keelee_von_Cupcake, I'm SO terribly sorry that it took me so long to get back to you about this. There's been some drama over on my end. :sigh: However, I now have some time to reply! :heart:

I do too! I went on a hunt for Maggot on Ebay, which sadly has become a go to place for LDDs for me, and there weren't any for under $100. Oh, how I kick myself for not buying her before. :faint: I will right the wrong though. I did however find a Lottie that I'm keeping my eye on. It has some days left on it so I'm going to wait a while before I bid. These dolls tend to start out low and climb to ridiculous prices. Any new dolls that have caught your attention?? :lookround: OH. This reminds me. I'll have to look for the link again but I saw what the next series of LDDs is going to be. Or what they're saying will be. There's one called Cracked Jack that's REALLY cool!!

I love it!! It's been a little while eince I last watched it, but I've seen it at /least/ a dozen times! I've been doing a lot of horror movie marathons lately. Trying to finally catch up on all of the stuff that I missed. Robert Englund is  and has been one of my horror heroes. He always will be even if I have moved on from /most/ of the "popcorn horror" type stuff. Those are still some of my favorites. One of my all time favorites has to be Fright Night. Oh, how I adore that movie. The original of course, haha. Jonathan Tucker is pretty awesome dude! I can't deny that. :lol: You know... That WOULD make sense!! I think you might be onto something.

Have you seen any movies recently that you really enjoyed?  :)  Heck, have you seen any that you've absolutely hated recently?

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2013, 06:22:59 PM »
@SpookyBoo Oh, you have nothing to apologize for hun! Ick, drama, I hope things are all better now! :hug:

There's actually a Maggot up right now for a great price, but with many days left on the auction, sadly. I think the "starts low, crazy bidding heights" is true for most things on eBay - at least the things -I- want always feel that way. :( Still! You should watch her! You never know. :biggrin: I hope you win Lottie too!! I don't think think I need her, but I totally wish I had her parasol, haha. I think it would be perfectly scaled to my MH dolls.

I am so excited/utterly shocked to hear that! :woot: I would have sworn I am the only person on earth who likes DANCE OF THE DEAD that much. I, too, have literally seen it over a dozen times. I'm glad you agree/like Maggie's name, too. :heart:

I love to do marathons! I decided in college that I was going to watch all of the big name series like that (it took multiple days with some of them, of course). That's why I get to say fun things to people like, "No, I've never seen Star Wars. But I HAVE seen all  NINE Children of the Corn movies. Yes, there are nine Children of the Corn movies." Original Fright Night is good fun! I love Peter Vincent. Perhaps blasphemously, I also like the remake, but I'm also a goth girl and a Dr. Who fan - so come on, David Tennant in eyeliner and leather pants?! Yes, please!

I am forever falling prey to watching bad horror movies, haha. Just last week I watched a double feature: Texas Chainsaw 3D, which was a terrible waste of time and had what could loosely be termed a plot straight out of a bad fan-fiction (so really, not that different from most Chainsaw sequels...), and Mama, which, while not the best thing I've ever seen, was worlds better than TC3D. It had some good spooky moments and a fairly original story, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the CGI, which was a little suspect. How about you? :)

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2013, 07:03:17 PM »
I also have Jason Voorhees for sale, if anyone is interested. $25 MIB

So tempting... I love Jason stuffs. XD

Offline twinkle_pony

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2013, 07:57:55 PM »
I also have Jason Voorhees for sale, if anyone is interested. $25 MIB

So tempting... I love Jason stuffs. XD

He's pretty cool! Where are you in Canada? I'm in Canada too! :)

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2013, 11:56:21 PM »
Just picked up 13th anniversary Posey today.
There was a little girl on the bus that looked eerily like her. Same mark on her forehead.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2013, 02:37:12 AM »
He's pretty cool! Where are you in Canada? I'm in Canada too! :)

Newfieland. XD

I don't collect (or have) any Living Dead dolls, but I've seen some really awesome re-paints of them. That little Jason caught my eye tho.

Offline twinkle_pony

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »

Newfieland. XD

I don't collect (or have) any Living Dead dolls, but I've seen some really awesome re-paints of them. That little Jason caught my eye tho.
[/quote]

I'm in Ontario :)

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »
Just picked up 13th anniversary Posey today.
There was a little girl on the bus that looked eerily like her. Same mark on her forehead.

Congrats on your new girl! That's pretty creepy about the girl on the bus, haha.

Because I'm a little obsessed, I've got more Maggie spam! :enthralled:

Here she is meeting one of my favorite figures, Hysteria Alice. I think they complement each other.

Hysteria's hobby horse is comically oversized for her, but almost in scale for Maggie, I think.

I wanted to buy my baby a friend, so I ordered Agatha off of Amazon. I have to admit though, I don't like the way she looks at her...

...So we may be pondering the possibility of stealing her coffin for Maggie. Ahem.

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2013, 09:52:09 AM »
Maggot is beautiful! Yet another one to add to my want list.

The dolls I bought from Gumtree finally arrived!
Iris, Jinx, Jasper, Alison Crux and Killbaby.

also picked up Beezelbub from the local store. He looks so much better out of the box than in. You can't really see his lovely little fly wings or antennae while he's stuffed into his coffin.

think I'll save up for Misery next. Everyone had only good things to say about that doll :)

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:28 PM »
Maggot is beautiful! Yet another one to add to my want list.

The dolls I bought from Gumtree finally arrived!
Iris, Jinx, Jasper, Alison Crux and Killbaby.

also picked up Beezelbub from the local store. He looks so much better out of the box than in. You can't really see his lovely little fly wings or antennae while he's stuffed into his coffin.

think I'll save up for Misery next. Everyone had only good things to say about that doll :)

I can't take it anymore, I have to ask... Dludnerad, who is the doll in your avatar... Sorry to take it a bit off topic.

To get back on topic :) I do think that Maggot is pretty. I don't think I'll add her to my collection, I really want to stick with the Demons/Devils and Absynthe.

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
My avatar picture is where the Dludnerad name comes from. He is a character in a story I'm working on.
Making a doll of him was pure self indulgence :)

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2013, 10:13:43 PM »
My avatar picture is where the Dludnerad name comes from. He is a character in a story I'm working on.
Making a doll of him was pure self indulgence :)

He's very cute, I like him.... You did an awesome job!!!

youngatheart

« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »
hey :)havent managed to get on here for ages! anyone got any new dolls? im gutted as i bought one from ebay and she never arrived :(  ive been taking photos tonight of my 4 :) Really would love some more!! i have also got some little ones too :)

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2013, 09:22:44 AM »
awwww. phooey to lost mail and bad ebay sellers.
Maybe your doll is held up in the post and will arrive soon.

Going in to the city tomorrow and might get a chance to look at more dolls. (like I need more. my house looks like a toy museum)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal