collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Living Dead Dolls  (Read 5910 times)

SpookyBoo

• Trade Count: (0)
Living Dead Dolls
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:15:45 PM »
Does anyone here collect them? I've been collecting them for 5 or so years now and I absolutely love them! I have a little over 15 dolls currently and I'm finally going to start my quest of completing some of the series.

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
Re: Living Dead Dolls
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 08:49:30 AM »
I have a few of them (seven or eight), and have just noticed most of the ones in my collection don't have eyebrows...
Just bought an Agatha today. Again, no eyebrows :)

Which series are you trying to complete?
My favorites are in series 666 with the pets. I only have Revenant from that set.

Fell in love with the Jeepers doll, only to find it was waaaaaaaay out of my price range.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

SpookyBoo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:18:16 AM »
Yeah! They usually have variants without the eyebrows or with the eyebrows. Kind of interesting! Most of mine actually have their eyebrows. There are actually same that I prefer without. It just depends really! I think the first set I want to complete is series 11. Mostly because one of my first LDDs, Rain,  was from that series. I already have two from series 11, so that leave three more! I currently have Rain and Isaiah so I need to get Maggot, Killbaby, and Jubilee. Killbaby can be a bit pricey so it makes me regret not getting them for $25 when I had the chance. Ugh.  >_< Anyways, I plan on completely as many of the series as I can over time! I figure series 11 is a good a starting point as any.  :biggrin: Also, I would love to have series 666! I'm jealous, haha!

JEEPERS. <3 I've wanted her for the longest time. Lovely, lovely doll. :heart: I can understand why you fell in love with her. The doll I want the most currently is Frozen Charlotte. You could probably even call her my Grail. Alas, as you said, she is also out of my price rage.  :( However, if I ever find a reasonable one and I have the extra cash I won't hesitate to pick her up.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:21:12 AM »
I don't actively collect (though I've picked up a few second hand) but I've been tempted to buy Hit Girl.  I think she looks really amazing but I can't bring myself to start another collection. 

SpookyBoo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »
I saw the Hit Girl doll recently, it looks fantastic! I can understand not wanting to get started in a BRAND new collection though. I've been kicking myself over getting into MH when I already collect ponies, LDDs, and horror movies. Too late for me now though! :lol:

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:34 AM »
 ^.^ My daughter has one, she's in a rain coat and was eatened by Zombies... I can't even look at the doll without feeling bad for her. The story card for her was neat, and I wished the rain coat wasn't blood stained so my other dolls could wear it.  :lookround:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:52:36 AM »
regarding Hit Girl, just ONE doll wouldn't class as a collection :)

or are you worried it will be an instant addiction?

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

SpookyBoo

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
^.^ My daughter has one, she's in a rain coat and was eatened by Zombies... I can't even look at the doll without feeling bad for her. The story card for her was neat, and I wished the rain coat wasn't blood stained so my other dolls could wear it.  :lookround:

Oh! She must have Ava then.  :biggrin: My sister has her too and I love her! That's a newer series that I would love to complete in the future. I only have Roxie out of it. I love her though! Aha, I feel bad for too if I'm honest. She has one of the sadder stories. Poor thing. :( The story cards are really neat and so are the death certificates. The boxes they come in are also wonderful. Honestly I'm in love with everything about LDDs, lol.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 10:41:12 AM »
I have a few of them, thought most of mine are movie characters (Michael Myers/Jason) or historical figures (Jack the Ripper/Elizabeth Bathory)....but I do love a lot of them and I'm always tempted to pick up more.  If I came across any 2nd hand at a flea market or Goodwill I would HAVE to get them, lol.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »
I have Hitgirl and only Hitgirl, I was weary of starting another collection but rationalized that she is a part of my comic book collection and not the start of something new..

I think they are a great concept but I already collect too many other things to really start something new at least without giving up something I already collect.

youngatheart

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »
I finally finally got my first doll for christmas :) ive wanted one for so long! I got Andreas (sp) i love her and really want more now..again :)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
Ava does have a really sad story. I like zombies though! My daughter lost her paper work but she's still got the coffin doll box. I like that there are variants too!
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 06:44:41 PM »
I've got a bunch. I love them.

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:54 PM »
I have Hitgirl and only Hitgirl, I was weary of starting another collection but rationalized that she is a part of my comic book collection and not the start of something new..

I think they are a great concept but I already collect too many other things to really start something new at least without giving up something I already collect.

Wow, I probably wouldn't have guessed she's an LDD if I'd just seen this photo out of context! Lovely, both the doll and the shot.

I'd like to get a Living Dead Doll for myself, I just cannot choose which one. Definitely one of the prettier ones. I like a little blood spatter, but nothing super gruesome.

SpookyBoo

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 08:39:27 PM »
I have a few of them, thought most of mine are movie characters (Michael Myers/Jason) or historical figures (Jack the Ripper/Elizabeth Bathory)....but I do love a lot of them and I'm always tempted to pick up more.  If I came across any 2nd hand at a flea market or Goodwill I would HAVE to get them, lol.

You have a Jack the Ripper LDD?? OH, MAN. I'm jealous! I've been after him for a while. I also collect the movie characters. How can I not? Especially when I collect horror movies. They look lovely sitting with my DVDs.

I must say that you have good taste in LDDs. :lol:

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 08:42:41 PM

Wow, I probably wouldn't have guessed she's an LDD if I'd just seen this photo out of context! Lovely, both the doll and the shot.

I'd like to get a Living Dead Doll for myself, I just cannot choose which one. Definitely one of the prettier ones. I like a little blood spatter, but nothing super gruesome.

Have you looked at Orchid? She's been on my "must have" list for some time. She's a gorgeous little vampire doll and she's not super blood spattered or gruesome. I myself love the prettier ones and the gory and gruesome. I have the horror and gore fan in me to blame for this.  :lol:

If you wanted I could always suggest some more dolls to you! :heart:

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 08:45:05 PM

I've got a bunch. I love them.

Wonderful! I adore all of mine as well. I love how unique they all are.

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 08:46:18 PM

I finally finally got my first doll for christmas :) ive wanted one for so long! I got Andreas (sp) i love her and really want more now..again :)

Eee! Congratulations on getting your first doll! I wish you luck on growing your collection.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:46:18 PM by SpookyBoo »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal