collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Living Dead Dolls  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Living Dead Dolls
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 08:42:41 PM

I'd like to get a Living Dead Doll for myself, I just cannot choose which one. Definitely one of the prettier ones. I like a little blood spatter, but nothing super gruesome.

Have you looked at Orchid? She's been on my "must have" list for some time. She's a gorgeous little vampire doll and she's not super blood spattered or gruesome. I myself love the prettier ones and the gory and gruesome. I have the horror and gore fan in me to blame for this.  :lol:

If you wanted I could always suggest some more dolls to you! :heart:

Aw, regular Orchid is cute (is she perhaps inspired by Claudia of Interview with the Vampire?), but white-haired variant Orchid is stunning! I would be happy to check out more of your suggestions. :) Two that are currently high on my list are Agatha (I love the look of her black eyes - any others like that?) and the Bride of Frankenstein (I have a weakness for her character. :heart:).

Post Merge: January 16, 2013, 10:04:47 PM

Oh, I do have a question, that perhaps one of you could answer - just how tall is a mini LDD? I'm having trouble getting the internet to answer this for me. 4 inches, maybe?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:04:47 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 10:17:51 PM »
LDD are available in two sizes.
The basic doll is around 11 inches, and there is also a mini version. I guess the minis are half sized. I've never seen one other than in photos. They may be smaller.

And for the wary collector...
If you see a doll you like at a reasonable price but are unsure, buy it anyway and leave her in the box for a while until you decide if you want to keep her.
If you decide she isn't what you want, you now have an older series doll still in box an can sell her at a profit.

I am still annoyed at myself for not picking up The Lost when she was only $40...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:19:35 PM by Dludnerad »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
That's a good point! And yeah, sorry to hear about your The Lost woes, it always sucks when that happens. :<

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:42 PM »
I collected these in high school, and shortly after, so I have all wave 1 and some of wave 2, and most of the minis from those, and a big porcelain one, but they're all put up now. I wish I'd kept up with it, I think they're adorable!

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 01:01:06 AM »
I have 2 LDD dolls. I don't collect just LDD dolls. The two I have go with my Devil collection. I have Lust, and I have Sapphire Lou mini. On another note, there are like three that I would LOVEEEE to have that have nothing to do with my current collections. They are Absythe (I want soooo bad, beautiful doll), Frozen Charlotte, and Jinx. Other than the demons/devils and these ones I have listed I don't really like the other dolls, they are a little dark for me... But I think they are a great colleciton...

SpookyBoo

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »

I'd like to get a Living Dead Doll for myself, I just cannot choose which one. Definitely one of the prettier ones. I like a little blood spatter, but nothing super gruesome.

Have you looked at Orchid? She's been on my "must have" list for some time. She's a gorgeous little vampire doll and she's not super blood spattered or gruesome. I myself love the prettier ones and the gory and gruesome. I have the horror and gore fan in me to blame for this.  :lol:

Aw, regular Orchid is cute (is she perhaps inspired by Claudia of Interview with the Vampire?), but white-haired variant Orchid is stunning! I would be happy to check out more of your suggestions. :) Two that are currently high on my list are Agatha (I love the look of her black eyes - any others like that?) and the Bride of Frankenstein (I have a weakness for her character. :heart:).

Oh, I do have a question, that perhaps one of you could answer - just how tall is a mini LDD? I'm having trouble getting the internet to answer this for me. 4 inches, maybe?

I'm pretty sure that she was indeed inspired by Claudia! I also /love/ the white-haired variant. She's one doll that I would want to have both versions of. Agatha is lovely and I believe that there are a few others with eyes like her's! Hmm... You might like Lottie. She doesn't have completely black eyes but I would still check her out. Others with black eyes that might come close are Revenant and The Lost. There's also a newer doll coming out named Beelzebub, but I'm not sure that you would like him much, haha. Have you seen Xezbeth? She's gorgeous and she just came out in series 24. I think you might like her.  :biggrin: Oh, man. I want to collect all of series 24. They're all so cute!

Anyways, I would suggest checking out their website. You can find all of the dolls that they have in the archive on there. You can see all of the dolls that they have!

Post Merge: January 17, 2013, 08:42:05 AM

I have 2 LDD dolls. I don't collect just LDD dolls. The two I have go with my Devil collection. I have Lust, and I have Sapphire Lou mini. On another note, there are like three that I would LOVEEEE to have that have nothing to do with my current collections. They are Absythe (I want soooo bad, beautiful doll), Frozen Charlotte, and Jinx. Other than the demons/devils and these ones I have listed I don't really like the other dolls, they are a little dark for me... But I think they are a great colleciton...

I'm actually lucky enough to own Absythe! She is a gorgeous doll. One of my favorites that I currently have. That being said I think I would be tempted to trade her if someone offered a Frozen Charlotte, lol. As I've mention before she's practically my Grail for LDD. Jinx is one I'd also love to have someday!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:42:05 AM by SpookyBoo »

youngatheart

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »
Tribble79 and Spookyboo  my daughter , who is 8! she just doesnt like "little girls things" absolutly loves Frozen Charlotte! she loves looking at the website and wanting me to read her story over. I want to get Lottie, Sin, Sadie, and some more.. ill go and look and check back!

SpookyBoo

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 12:31:14 PM »
youngatheart, that's adorable! :heart: I must say that your daughter also has good taste in dolls. ;) Perhaps your daughter will make collecting them a hobby.  :biggrin: What a cool little girl.

Lottie, Sin, and Sadie are wonderful choices. My sister has Sin and I have Sadie (I want to have Sin for myself one day  :lookround:) and they're great. Lottie has been on my list of "Must Haves". I hope you can get them!! I would check Ebay and see what you can find. I've found some really great deal on there for LDDs.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure that she was indeed inspired by Claudia! I also /love/ the white-haired variant. She's one doll that I would want to have both versions of. Agatha is lovely and I believe that there are a few others with eyes like her's! Hmm... You might like Lottie. She doesn't have completely black eyes but I would still check her out. Others with black eyes that might come close are Revenant and The Lost. There's also a newer doll coming out named Beelzebub, but I'm not sure that you would like him much, haha. Have you seen Xezbeth? She's gorgeous and she just came out in series 24. I think you might like her.  :biggrin: Oh, man. I want to collect all of series 24. They're all so cute!

Anyways, I would suggest checking out their website. You can find all of the dolls that they have in the archive on there. You can see all of the dolls that they have!

Oh, I love Lottie's parasol. I always have a similar one on hand for myself. And Revenant and Lost come with dollies of their own! Okay, perhaps I'm a bit of a sucker for dolly accessories in general. :P I also love Revenant's white hair, I know, surprise surprise. Ooh, Xezbeth is extra lovely...she's going high on the list too. I wish I could find good owner photos of some of these girls, it's much easier with my little monsters.

And HA at Beelzebub!! Yep, he's certainly got the eye thing going, doesn't he. :lol: I have scoped out the website a bit, but it only seems to go up to Series 12 or so? Oddly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

At any rate, I finally found the little dead girl I MUST have. I'm hopelessly in love with Maggot!! Those eyes! :lovey: Naturally, I would fall for one of the more rare and expensive ones...

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 10:37:38 PM »

I'm actually lucky enough to own Absythe! She is a gorgeous doll. One of my favorites that I currently have. That being said I think I would be tempted to trade her if someone offered a Frozen Charlotte, lol. As I've mention before she's practically my Grail for LDD. Jinx is one I'd also love to have someday!

oooh I am sooooo jealous! I adore Absynth... And as much as I love Frozen Charlotte, I'm not sure I'd trade Absynth if I had her :) Lucky lucky!!!

Tribble79 and Spookyboo  my daughter , who is 8! she just doesnt like "little girls things" absolutly loves Frozen Charlotte! she loves looking at the website and wanting me to read her story over. I want to get Lottie, Sin, Sadie, and some more.. ill go and look and check back!

That is too cool. I don't think I would have liked these when I was 8. I was a timid child - I would have had nightmares -LOL!

SpookyBoo

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 08:11:54 AM »

Spoiler

Oh, I love Lottie's parasol. I always have a similar one on hand for myself. And Revenant and Lost come with dollies of their own! Okay, perhaps I'm a bit of a sucker for dolly accessories in general. :P I also love Revenant's white hair, I know, surprise surprise. Ooh, Xezbeth is extra lovely...she's going high on the list too. I wish I could find good owner photos of some of these girls, it's much easier with my little monsters.

And HA at Beelzebub!! Yep, he's certainly got the eye thing going, doesn't he. :lol: I have scoped out the website a bit, but it only seems to go up to Series 12 or so? Oddly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

At any rate, I finally found the little dead girl I MUST have. I'm hopelessly in love with Maggot!! Those eyes! :lovey: Naturally, I would fall for one of the more rare and expensive ones...

I'm away from my collection at the moment but when I can I'll take some pics of my LDDs if you want? :biggrin:  Hmmm.. it should go all the way up to series 24! You went to the official website? I'll see if I can help. Go to livingdeaddolls.com, click the archive tab on the left side, then it should come to a new screen, hit the bloody hand print, then it should bring you to where you can see all of them! If that doesn't work I'd be more than happy to grab you the links myself. :biggrin:

MAGGOT. Good choice!! I'm kicking myself in the butt almost all the time for not buying her when she was first released. To think I had her in my hands for the nice price of $25. :cry: I like your list so far! :heart:

Post Merge: January 18, 2013, 08:15:14 AM

@Tribble, Yeah! I'm really glad to have her. I'll have to take pics of her asap! 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:15:14 AM by SpookyBoo »

Burgundy_Rose

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »
I totally regret not buying one of the vampire series. It was one of the few series where I liked every doll, which is especially hard now they insist on sticking to a rigid theme. I especially liked Orchid and they're all expensive and hard to find now  -_-

I haven't actually looked at LDDs for ages, and I'm really disappointed by series 25. I like the eerie but cute dolls, and they seem to be getting more hideous and blood stained. I also feel they're getting less and less imaginative and each new doll is a combination of existing ones.

I'm going to start looking for the older dolls I think. The only newish doll I have a soft spot for is Yuki Onna, and that's simply because I've been wanting a Japanese LDD for ages. I still feel the execution was lacking  :huh:

youngatheart

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »
Id love to see pictures of peoples collections :)
Spookyboo, my daughter informed me tonight she wants Frozen Charotte for her birthday and Spiderbite? for xmas!!!
I am gutted I just missed out on Lottie on ebay tnight :( but I did win Jezebel for a great price!! :) I have decided this year to concentrate on ving dead dolls now I have the other affordable dolls I want :)

Pictures people?? I love this thread :)

SpookyBoo

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »
I totally regret not buying one of the vampire series. It was one of the few series where I liked every doll, which is especially hard now they insist on sticking to a rigid theme. I especially liked Orchid and they're all expensive and hard to find now  -_-

I haven't actually looked at LDDs for ages, and I'm really disappointed by series 25. I like the eerie but cute dolls, and they seem to be getting more hideous and blood stained. I also feel they're getting less and less imaginative and each new doll is a combination of existing ones.

I'm going to start looking for the older dolls I think. The only newish doll I have a soft spot for is Yuki Onna, and that's simply because I've been wanting a Japanese LDD for ages. I still feel the execution was lacking  :huh:

I can agree with some of this. It has felt like they were getting stale. :( I won't lie though, I myself enjoy the hideous and blood stained ones, lol. I totally understand and respect that there are others that don't though! So I'm sorry that they've been so disappointing for you lately. Like I said, I haven't exactly been /loving/ the more recent dolls. Most of the dolls I want the most are older so I'm also on the hunt for those!

Post Merge: January 18, 2013, 03:38:23 PM

@youngatheart, Awww!! :frolic: I hope she gets both! If I come across any deals on either of those I'll be sure to let you know. :heart: I love to help out fellow LDD fans/collectors. :biggrin: I'm also glad to hear you won her! I have Jezebel and she's just gorgeous in person. I also have Hollywood out of that series. Her hair is amazingly soft and poofy. :lol: I personally find her to be a beautiful doll, bloody face and all.

I'll be getting pics up asap! Can't wait show my little dolls off. :happy: Also, I hope you don't mind me adding you to my buddies list. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:42:24 PM by SpookyBoo »

youngatheart

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »
I didnt know there ws a buddies list!! how great! :)
Im glad you said that about Hollywood as Im bidding on her too and wasnt sure what she was like! hope I win her now! :)
Who is your favourite LDD? :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal