collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I feel spoilery...  (Read 8556 times)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I feel spoilery...
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
Urgh, I LOVED Blindbags at first, and I know a lot of Bronies who did because of the show accuracy, but I'm getting sick of them because they're mostly not even characters I'm familiar with, and I'd rather buy brushables of unfamiliar characters, not re-colored mane 6 blindbags!

Don't get me wrong, I love non-show Ponies, but the blindbags don't do it for me! All I really wanted blindbag wise was the mane 6, CMC (Which, they at least released AppleBloom!), Lyra, Big Mac, and the Princesses, even though they're all just recolored Celestias.

I got a few other ones I liked the color scheme of, but I'd much, much prefer the brushables! :(
It's so calming to sit there and brush a ponies hair when you're stressed out.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2013, 11:55:14 AM »
I found this old Equestria daily post, maybe it's one of these things? http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/en_US/2012/07/mlp-fair-hasbro-q-panel.html
Edit: Okay so  I can't link there, so here's what it says will come.

-Hasbro has plans for MLP's 30th Anniversary, no details given.
-No Sea Pony plans, but the toy line takes cues from FiM show.
-No new sculpts of G1 ponies, but may incorporate older gen ponies into G4.
-Collectibles moving towards blind bags for older/rarer ponies, away from larger models.
-More male ponies likely, but not in 2012.
-New poses for brushables in 2013.
-Show more interest in a particular item and it may be brought to that market(region).
-No plans for pony home playsets for 2012, but there will be more playsets like the Wedding Castle.

I don't like hearing this at all. Especially the part about rarer ponies only being BB's.
And why does the more interest matter now. Collectors have been yapping at hasbro for years about bringing ponies to other areas, and they have ignored us. What more can we do to show more interest.....30 years of collecting the line isn't enough?

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »
Urgh, I LOVED Blindbags at first, and I know a lot of Bronies who did because of the show accuracy, but I'm getting sick of them because they're mostly not even characters I'm familiar with, and I'd rather buy brushables of unfamiliar characters, not re-colored mane 6 blindbags!

Don't get me wrong, I love non-show Ponies, but the blindbags don't do it for me! All I really wanted blindbag wise was the mane 6, CMC (Which, they at least released AppleBloom!), Lyra, Big Mac, and the Princesses, even though they're all just recolored Celestias.

I got a few other ones I liked the color scheme of, but I'd much, much prefer the brushables! :(
It's so calming to sit there and brush a ponies hair when you're stressed out.

Ahh, I completely agree... I loved the sculpted hair at first and all the different colours... Now there are just so many and I can't care about collecting them anymore. :/ I'd much rather get an unknown background pony with brushable hair than another plastic recolour of Rarity.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »
BOOOO on the blind bags!  But YAY for MOAR brushables!!!  I wonder if they will make a Sweetie Drops brushable...  That'd be awesome.  As far as the "incorporating older gens into G4" I have a feeling it's just going to be G3, which I certainly don't mind lol.  G3 had some amazing ponies!  *hopes for a Daffidazey, Minty, and Sweetberry*  And, of course, I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get another set like we got with Nightmare Moon, but with Chrysalis! 
And, hmmm..more playsets like the Wedding Castle?  But not homes...  Now I'm just sitting here trying to solve this puzzle...what sets will they be planning?  Sugarcube Corner?  But that's technically a pony home.  Though maybe these sets they're planning aren't from the show.  I haven't a clue, but I'm curious!   

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »
"Collectibles moving towards blind bags for older/rarer ponies, away from larger models."

Really don't like this. I'm another person who enjoyed collecting blindbags at first but grew tired of them.
Not sure what they mean with "older" ponies though. Like old gen ponies being released as blindbags instead of brushables? (Like they are already doing with the G3 ponies.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »
To be honest most of that information has been about for a while - it comes from last year's Fair.

Its loose and very hard to batten down to actual meaning - but unfortunately they really dont want fans to know about what they are producing before it hits shelves.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2013, 12:25:18 PM »
To be honest most of that information has been about for a while - it comes from last year's Fair.

Its loose and very hard to batten down to actual meaning - but unfortunately they really dont want fans to know about what they are producing before it hits shelves.
This is true, I think most of it could be considered long term speculation... With the exception of the blind bag part -_-;
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »
I didn't even buy all the petite ponies back in the 80's because I got bored with them. But at least they had little playsets and cool stuff you could do with them. The Blind Bag ponies got nothing.

They should at least release something that you can put the BB ponies in, like a house or some kinda something to expand the play/display options...there are just so many random bind bags sets out now and all of them look exactly alike...they're so tiny that there isn't a lot of quality there if you ask me.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2013, 05:51:21 PM »
CMC Magic Message cutie marks? So when you rub, a cutie mark appears? And we need more baby G4s.  :)

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2013, 06:04:41 PM »
Since the fair from last year, Hasbro has already gone nuts with blindbags and minis. Maybe they will slow down for now because yeah we are getting a little overwhelmed and tired of them. Wave 7 is already sort of released and the only minis left are those neon clear ones. So technically, that has been fulfilled.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »
I think when they say "older generations as blind bags" they probably mean G3s.   That one pink unicorn might conceivably be based off G2 Twinkle Star, but I don't think we've seen ANYTHING else related to older generations, other than G3, have we?  (Besides Applejack, obviously, but that was Lauren Faust's idea, not Hasbro's.)

I really think the designers just aren't bothering to go back that far in their archives or whatever, which is a shame because G1 and G2 had the best color schemes IMO.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
CMC Magic Message cutie marks? So when you rub, a cutie mark appears? And we need more baby G4s.  :)
that would be so adorable!
~Foxtale~

Evening_Moonstone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »

I really think the designers just aren't bothering to go back that far in their archives or whatever, which is a shame because G1 and G2 had the best color schemes IMO.
I want more lovely white unicorns, and more rainbow ponies!

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2013, 06:40:46 PM »

I think that would work with fillies who AREN'T the CMC. Unless they reveal their cutie marks on the show sometime soon, I think there'd be a lot of people annoyed with it, like if they gave Scootaloo her G3 cutie mark...I don't think it fits her G4 personality.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2013, 07:17:41 PM »

I think that would work with fillies who AREN'T the CMC. Unless they reveal their cutie marks on the show sometime soon, I think there'd be a lot of people annoyed with it, like if they gave Scootaloo her G3 cutie mark...I don't think it fits her G4 personality.

The people who would get annoyed by something like that would be the kind of people who probably don't buy the "brushables" in the first place. XP I prefer fun toys over show accuracy. I can't see kids getting annoyed at least.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal