collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Photo Backgrounds- ever notice..  (Read 661 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Backgrounds- ever notice..
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 08:34:03 PM »
I get distracted by this all the time. You can tell a lot about a person with just one picture. When I take pictures I have to do them a bunch with different shots. I once found a monster high doll for sell on ebay and right in front of the rare doll was a ashtray full of cig butts... I ask the seller if the doll smelled like smoke and the reply was "oh no I dont think so, not to me it dosnt smell like smoke"  :blink: Wow! thats a seller for sure! :shocked:

Oh yes, definitely from a non-smoking household, that one...  ;)

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 04:11:11 AM »
This seller still hasnt sold the doll and still hasnt changed the picture. I think if your trying to sell something you would put 2 & 2 together- whatever your selling should be clean, take lots of pictures in good light and take a pic of the item not everything else behind it. Its proven they sell better that way.  :)
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »
If I see a shelf of games, movies, or books in the background of someones pictures, I try to see what they are and judge them for their taste.

I know it's crass and juvenile, but I don't care.

I'm guilty of this as well. And if we have a lot of stuff in common, I automatically give their posts more attention.  >_<

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 07:41:43 AM »
I figured it wasn't just me! :P I'm always amazed at people carelessness in eBay photos, too.

kamakazee82, thanks for sharing the pics. hee hee

I once found a monster high doll for sell on ebay and right in front of the rare doll was a ashtray full of cig butts... I ask the seller if the doll smelled like smoke and the reply was "oh no I dont think so, not to me it dosnt smell like smoke"  :blink: Wow!

:lmao: Purlease! Some people!

when ponies or dolls are shown on bookshelves.... i will spend endless amounts of time trying to see what each and every book is.

That's hilarious!! You can learn alot about a person by what they read, for sure!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline sirithfin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 07:54:25 AM »
Oh yes. X) I tend to find it somewhat annoying when people don't even try to find a clutter free space to take their pics in, I mean really, you want to show off your awesome collection or whatever and most of the photo is like a super messy desk/bookshelf/table/floor. I always try to find a "calm" background and if there's other stuff in the pic it's supposed to be there (or at lest not very noticable).

Thank you Dizziness for the sig!
.: | My Arts | :.  -  .: | My Wants | :.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »
lol i drive people bonkers by stuff in the background for my pic fics ... the dolls live with me in my house ...of COURSE there will be clutter! lol and they get absolutely cheesed off when they see i've titles ranging from Animaniacs to The Craft to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to Hesher to Monty Python to Tank Girl to Zombieland lol

to me it's half the fun to see what people will or won't notice or comment on lol like i've had sooooooooooooo many comments on the random "sand person leia" laying on top of one of my True Hope Bratz dolls lmao or the book titles on my bed side table or the "random" MH dolls int eh background of some shots lol like an everyday "I Spy" lmao
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 04:20:46 PM »
Yeah, I notice those weird piles of stuff that people have in their backgrounds... and what they're watching on tv...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »
I try to always have a nice background if I'm actually trying to take a good picture.  With quick snapshots (like my bazillion cell phone pics of my puppies), I don't always care.  But in actual photography, I always try to have a nice background.  Otherwise the pic just looks Bleh.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal