collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A Childhood Dream Come True! (Newspaper Article - see last post)  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Re: A Childhood Dream Come True! (Pic heavy)
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2013, 03:53:43 PM »
Sorry to bump this again, but do we have any members here who live near Bognor?  They're printing something about the rides in the Bognor Regis Observer this Thursday (I dread to think what as they never ran through it with me!) and I really want a copy without having to make a four hour round trip just to buy one! :P

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
Oh my gosh, that is beautiful!  I got a bit misty-eyed reading it.  That is so amazing you were able to reunite with something so dear to your childhood :lovey:  Those horses really are beautiful! 

scaradango

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »
That's an incredibly story! I choked up more than once- it really is magical that you were able to find your horses after all these years and take them home! I wish you the best of luck in getting them restored!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2013, 08:00:13 PM »
omg T.T that is the best story ever, and im even more relieved to see that silver and carousel didnt succumb to the horribl repaint some of those other rides did o_o
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline leonaenae

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2013, 08:25:10 PM »
I read every single word and then some over a your webpage <3 Lovely story, made me feel much better, (to know how down I am look at my Whats our problem topic about a Warranty). Anyways this brought tears of nostalgic happiness over the good old days to my eyes. Thank you so much.
DeviantART |||| Tumblr
I love Comments

Clarabel Sapphire

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
What a fantastic and moving story and I'm so glad you managed to rescue the two horses that brought so much joy to you as a child.  :yippee:

Such passion these days is a rare commodity, good luck with your restoration  :happy:

PS: I think I adopted Strawberry Fair from you  ;)

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I haven't seen you around for ages, Pinkie21 - how are you these days?  And Clarabel Sapphire, lovely to see you here too.  Thanks again for adopting SF! :hug:

Just another bump for the latest update.  The horses made it to the Bognor local paper - Silver even got his picture on the front cover!  Not the book that some of you were hoping for, but I was still pretty proud!  (And the reporter even managed to not make too many mistakes!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(Sorry the article is in two parts - our scanner isn't big enough for the whole page.  Hopefully you can still make sense of it!)

Sadly, despite this, AND posting their photographs to Flickr, nobody has come forward as of yet.  Surely someone else remembers them?  I've even managed to trace a former Edwin Hall employee now - he was very polite and helpful and says he "remembers large wooden horses in the workshop, but he thinks they came off of big roundabouts".  Then again, I suppose this was about 55 years ago, so I can't really expect him to remember clearly! *Sighs*  I don't think I'll ever get to the bottom of the Carousel mystery, or even find another photograph of her. :(

Clarabel Sapphire

Re: A Childhood Dream Come True! (Newspaper Article - see last post)
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:14 PM »
I thought it was you hunny  :biggrin:

What a great article, you should be very proud of yourself and all your effort!   :iconclap:

Here's a little pic of SF with all her new friends for you x  :)  :-

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
Here's a little pic of SF with all her new friends for you x  :)  :-

Aw, that is so sweet!  And you have such a beautiful collection!  They all look so perfect, with their shiny manes and tails! I wish I could say that my ponies were so well groomed! :P

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2013, 11:31:56 AM »
Keep at it!  Maybe you can contact the tourism committee for the region and see if they can "outreach" for you! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal