collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your demands?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
What are your demands?
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »
New year, new ponies! I know everyone who collects G4s has noticed a wide range of problems with the new ponies, and a big drop in quality from previous generations. Even if it's just wishful thinking: this year, what do you want Hasbro to do?

Personally, I'd like to see a ton of things done:

Retro releases! I know there was a Minty G4 prototype, but it would be really cool to get a set of vintage ponies done up in the G4 style.

More quality control! Beyond the typical head/body mismatches, I've had a lot of problems with buying expensive sets, only to find that the ponies' hair just falls out! In addition to that, maybe some fixed colours on the Mane Six..? My McDonald's Twilight Sparkle is more show accurate colour-wise than my brushable. How sad is that? McDonald's managed to do it better than Hasbro... sigh.

More poses! I know we have standing pose and the "one hoof lifted daintily" pose, but come on now... I only have 9 G1's on my shelf, but they're in six different poses just in this small collection. Variation is the spice of life!

And finally... pegasi with their wings laid down. I'm just... not fond of the G4 wings that stick straight up. It's hard for me to style their hair around, and it just looks odd, especially next to my G1s with their wings laid against their bodies. Couldn't something like that be done with the new ponies?

Anyway, I just thought this would be fun.  :blush: What do you want to see in this generation?

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: What are your demands?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
I agree with everything you said! I think the thing I'd like most is of they started using the same material for the heads and bodies (like they did in G1, G2, AND G3!) so that the color mismatch wasn't much of an issue.  I've said it in many posts before lol but it just bothers me so much! I'd also like to see them mix up the eye shapes more (unicorns with round eyes, mostly).

ETA: Oh yeah, I'd also like for them to sell more ponies separately. It's sickening to see a main 6 pony with EVERY cool new release. Sadly I guess Hasbro is making more money that way, but certainly not from me. I would rather wait to find Nightmare Moon for cheap in a thrift store than pay all that money for the collectors set.

I also want baby pony toys to have symbols. Again, I'm not buying them new - they aren't worth it to me. I want Apple Bloom especially, but I will most likely wait until I find her second hand.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:03:44 PM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
All I want for 2013 is Minty!  :P

I like the idea of folded-wing pegasi as well. More blind bag poses would be super awesome, too, because I have, like, 80 Twilight Sparkle-based blind bags because my favorites tend to be unicorns that use this pose.

MimiTheMuse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:09:43 PM »
I would be happy if for every rehash of the Mane Six, we got at least four NEW ponies in brushable size. That's not really asking that much at all.

If you want something a little wilder, I second the idea of doing "retro" ponies in G4 design. Heck, I'd like to see more G3's get the G4 treatment! And there's some great designs used for the Blind Bags. Where are the brushables of them? I love the BB's, but when I started collecting ponies, it was in the brushable, single size form, so that's sort of my default.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:22:09 PM »
Please read the following in Babs Seed's voice...

Hey Hasbro,

Rainbow Dash here.  But you can call me "Don"...

See, there's this one thing that would make the Arena Family very happy in 2013, and that's a Minty brushable.  The only Minty thusfar in G4 is a blind bag, and that, that is unacceptable.

And you want to make the Family happy, right?  Cause a happy Family doesn't bust out tire irons to kneecaps.  Not that things like that would happen around here, but bad things happen to good companies all the time.  Look at the Edsel or New Coke.

So I wish to reiterate.  We demand Minty as a brushable in 2013.  Capiche?

Sincerely,
The Don

Yeah, I know that was horrible (than again, so is Babs Seed's accent so it's like a double whammy), but it was the first thing that jumped to mind with the topic title specifying demands. ;)  I'd also like to see more G1 and G3 ponies as G4s, and not just in the blind bags- give the brushables more love.  Please!  MLPs should have brushable manes and tails- that's what makes them My Little Ponies and not static desk ornaments like the blind bags are.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:52:33 PM »
Please read the following in Babs Seed's voice...

Hey Hasbro,

Rainbow Dash here.  But you can call me "Don"...

See, there's this one thing that would make the Arena Family very happy in 2013, and that's a Minty brushable.  The only Minty thusfar in G4 is a blind bag, and that, that is unacceptable.

And you want to make the Family happy, right?  Cause a happy Family doesn't bust out tire irons to kneecaps.  Not that things like that would happen around here, but bad things happen to good companies all the time.  Look at the Edsel or New Coke.

So I wish to reiterate.  We demand Minty as a brushable in 2013.  Capiche?

Sincerely,
The Don

Yeah, I know that was horrible (than again, so is Babs Seed's accent so it's like a double whammy), but it was the first thing that jumped to mind with the topic title specifying demands. ;)  I'd also like to see more G1 and G3 ponies as G4s, and not just in the blind bags- give the brushables more love.  Please!  MLPs should have brushable manes and tails- that's what makes them My Little Ponies and not static desk ornaments like the blind bags are.

Oh my gosh.. :whoa: Maybe Hasbro will listen if we send the pony mafia after them...

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »
I agree, maybe some sort of anniversary re-do of some select G1 ponies in G4 format, to include 2 of each type of pony - say Minty and Lemon Drop for earth ponies, Glory and Gusty for unicorns, Wind Whistler and Firefly for Pegasi, Barnacle and Tex for stallions and a couple of babies.

I shall now stand back and watch people pelt each other with fakies arguing out who should be released  :P

:throw:

Also if Hasbro are to continually push out more of the mane 6, please make them a bit different, even if it is only a glittery cutie mark or tinsel hair - I'd love for the glittery brushables I have seen on prototype threads to be released.

I would also like to see a bit of difference - sea ponies?  New babies and boys?

Pwetty pwease??? :cry:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 01:08:44 PM »
I would also like to see a bit of difference - sea ponies?  New babies and boys?

Pwetty pwease??? :cry:

That would be pretty great. I mean, there are plenty of young ponies that they could make from the show... Maybe they just aren't because most of the other fillies are bullies or boys? I guess that might not appeal to kids... But more young ponies would definitely be great, and more boys than Shining Armor.

I've never collected seaponies but they're really growing on me, and I'd love to see them made in the G4 style. Maybe if they get shoehorned into an episode, Hasbro will make a few?

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
Haha! Babs is a mob pony! We totally need to form a mafia...

While I would really like more brushable ponies (not just the same 6) or different breeds, or at least brushables of the main show ponies- Big Mac, Granny Smith, Babs- and a toy Owl to go with Twilight, the thing I want the most, the MOST MOST MOST, is for the paint to match the spot it's supposed to go in. If every unicorn isn't going to have almost-shaped eyes, could you please please make a different mold? In the old days, you had a mold that you used for just one pony, or maybe two (sitting ponies, Sundae Best ponies), so how hard could it be to make a head mold that has eyes that match????

Your target market (assumably little girls) isn't stupid. They can see the paint and mold differences as well as collectors, and they don't like it, either.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:20 PM »
I'd just love some different poses and more non-Mane 6 ponies!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »
I would love to see some of the boy ponies as brushables in the style of royal riff I would buy that one in a heartbeat.

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
I want to see a lot more brushables of the background characters and fan favorites. They can make a million different vinyl and blind bag and Fashion Style :muffin: Pony but they can't make a brushable for those of us who don't love her THAT much, but just want to collect ponies? Unlike G3, there is a whole cartoon full of pony characters, I don't see why we don't have more brushables.

Oh, and it would be nice if they kept the playset exclusives and international exclusives and pony packs with five old ponies and three new ones to a minimum. Just single release ponies, thank you much!
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 04:52:43 PM »
I demand Minty. HASBRO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »
I have always found that honey is better then vinegar.  And historically the more demanding the less you get.

Just saying.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 05:51:08 AM »
I'd just love some different poses and more non-Mane 6 ponies!

:like:

Every time this thread comes up - this is my war cry too - just some non mane 6 brushable ponies...thats all.

If I am honest, if the next wave of brushables does not have some variety I am going to get close to throwing in the towel on G4. :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal