collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your demands?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What are your demands?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 06:17:57 AM »
New year, new ponies! I know everyone who collects G4s has noticed a wide range of problems with the new ponies, and a big drop in quality from previous generations. Even if it's just wishful thinking: this year, what do you want Hasbro to do?

Personally, I'd like to see a ton of things done:

Retro releases! I know there was a Minty G4 prototype, but it would be really cool to get a set of vintage ponies done up in the G4 style.

More quality control! Beyond the typical head/body mismatches, I've had a lot of problems with buying expensive sets, only to find that the ponies' hair just falls out! In addition to that, maybe some fixed colours on the Mane Six..? My McDonald's Twilight Sparkle is more show accurate colour-wise than my brushable. How sad is that? McDonald's managed to do it better than Hasbro... sigh.

More poses! I know we have standing pose and the "one hoof lifted daintily" pose, but come on now... I only have 9 G1's on my shelf, but they're in six different poses just in this small collection. Variation is the spice of life!

And finally... pegasi with their wings laid down. I'm just... not fond of the G4 wings that stick straight up. It's hard for me to style their hair around, and it just looks odd, especially next to my G1s with their wings laid against their bodies. Couldn't something like that be done with the new ponies?

Anyway, I just thought this would be fun.  :blush: What do you want to see in this generation?

Your ideas are great.  However, Hasbro lost the rights to lots of pony names from all generations so the amount of retro releases they could do would be few.

Post Merge: January 02, 2013, 06:25:10 AM

I want to see Princess Luna in show accurate colors for a pony version.  It took them a while to get Princess Celestia white and for us to see a Nightmare Moon in the proper black and blue format.  I'm tired of them worrying about what little girls would want and making a pink celestia because they think all little girls love pink.  Celestia isn't pink.  When I was a kid I wanted show accurate ponies.  Granted the G1 days the ponies were show accurate but if they weren't I would want that.

Also, give the minor characters the spotlight once in a while.  We've seen Zecora enough times for her to be a little more than a minor character.  She needs her own playset of her hut.

I also want Hasbro to think about the collectors again like they used to.  We had the art ponies, and the retro release of the remade G1 sets they had.   All collectors have to choose from are the stuff they aim for kids or the brony stuff.  Me personally, I don't want the brony stuff so I buy what I like from what they make for kids.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:25:10 AM by Majesty »

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 06:31:09 AM »
I would just like more non main six ponies. I don't care if they come from the show or not. I could overlook the lack of poses, quality and fun if there were just different ponies on the shelves.

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
G4 Minty and brushable boys that don't have Troll hair.
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 07:17:41 PM »
I want retro ponies in the G4 style or even just non-main 6 ponies! Though I want more Raritys and Cadances as they are my favorite ponies from G4! Different poses would be nice too! I love variety, but I do love my army of Rarity and Cadance! :lol:
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
I want Blind Bag Fluttershy to have her own mold finally. It could even be a cute little standing, closed wing pegasus instead of on its hind legs like the RD mold. Also if they are going to stick with the Mane 6 then keep making them interesting. Things like those transparent ponies or ones with their designs all over their body would be great. Oh and the rest of the Mane 6 as motion ponies.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 12:12:42 PM »
every generation has had quality control issues. but bugging them about it will just lead to them cutting back on the product not the quality

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
We aren't actually bugging Hasbro about any of this. The "demands" and Pony Mafia things are just in good fun; this is all just stuff it would be cool to see.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 08:56:21 PM »
they owe us a Shine Bright AJ !  :)  LOL they only made  5 out of the 6  and luna !
they need to rerelaease Shine Bright  Rarity and Luna :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »
they owe us a Shine Bright AJ !  :)  LOL they only made  5 out of the 6  and luna !

I actually never realized that there wasn't a Shine Bright Applejack... I guess I haven't paid enough attention to that particular line up until now oops. She might look really cool as a Shine Bright pony... Maybe her hat would light up? :0

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »

I actually never realized that there wasn't a Shine Bright Applejack... I guess I haven't paid enough attention to that particular line up until now oops. She might look really cool as a Shine Bright pony... Maybe her hat would light up? :0
that would be awesome !
one can dream !!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
More boys! Brushable boys, I mean. I'm not overly fond of the mini ponies, even though I have like millions. xD I'd love to see Dr. Hooves and Bic Macintosh released. Oh, and more breeds for brushable boys.

New breeds! Well, new-old breeds. I'd love to see Seaponies and Mers brought back from G1. I think the breed variety died off in G2, didn't it? Where it just became unicorns, pegs, and earthies. Come onnn water breeeds...

A few more non-mane 6 ponies! There's actually a lot, but I'd like to see a couple more.

That's all I really want from Hasbro this year. 8D I'd say quality control, but surprisngly I've never had an issue with that. All my G4's heads match their bodies and everything looks great. I guess I do have Pinkie and she has glitter over her symbol, the glitter is off a bit from the symbol. But that's a minor detail.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:24:59 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 09:26:52 PM »
Ahhh, yes... I am dying for a Big Macintosh brushable... I can't even find his blind bag. He must be popular enough to warrant a full-sized toy... without the troll hair, maybe..?

And y'know, I hadn't noticed this either... There really is no breed variety after G1. :0 I hope that changes... I would love to see how they would do sea ponies in this generation.

Drama Pony (<- what's with the censor on that?),

I haven't been on much in the last few months (I drifted off around the time when her name was corrected to "The pony all the mods are sick of hearing about Hooves") There's been a lot of drama and arguing over her name, even here on the Arena, and I think it just became easier to censor the name rather than for the mods to keep having to come into topics debating the subject... It's kind of a shame that a pony had to cause so much trouble.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »
Ahhh, yes... I am dying for a Big Macintosh brushable... I can't even find his blind bag. He must be popular enough to warrant a full-sized toy... without the troll hair, maybe..?

And y'know, I hadn't noticed this either... There really is no breed variety after G1. :0 I hope that changes... I would love to see how they would do sea ponies in this generation.

There were Merponies in G3.5 - in fact they had a quite extensive ponyville line :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »
I didn't know 3.5 had seaponies  :blink: I'm a bit scared to, but I will have to look them up.

I think we all agree on one word to send to Hasbro: VARIETY.

No, we don't mean more sizes of the mane 6. Lack of variety will soon snuff out many, many collectors. They have no excuse (lost rights to names, etc...) they have tons of characters they can do. I think that even though we all want specific characters/ponies to be released, most of us would be happy if they did SOMETHING, ANYTHING new- character-wise.

Offline MANIMAL!

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 01:44:21 PM »

And finally... pegasi with their wings laid down. I'm just... not fond of the G4 wings that stick straight up. It's hard for me to style their hair around, and it just looks odd, especially next to my G1s with their wings laid against their bodies. Couldn't something like that be done with the new ponies?

Haha, I couldn't disagree more! These are my favorite wings of any generation! When I was a kid, wings were my favorite part of ponies, and I would have loved for them to be in a better position to make the ponies fly! I'll admit it can make the ponies harder to style sometimes, but not impossible by any means. And if the wings were folded, it would be a lot harder to play that they were flying. Even though I don't really play with them anymore, my favorite ponies are the ponies that I know I would have been most excited to play with. 

I'll agree with everyone about more characters. I want to keep buying ponies, but I don't need more than one of each character, so more characters are great. After that, more boys and maybe some sea ponies.  I'm okay with Shining armor's hair, after I cut and styled it. Because the heads turn, I'm okay with the poses we have, though more would be fine with me.

OH OH OH!!! And a new castle or some playsets! Though G3 playsets work pretty well with G4 ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal