collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your worst finds...  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your worst finds...
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2012, 10:29:54 PM »
As a kid I had some toys that were my "creations" like pastel paints on their faces and tatoos, but those were barbies. I also took extremely good care of the barbies and ponies and stuffed animals I cherished. Before I could get rid of a toy my mom specifically told me I had to hear the story of how it came to be. Like if it was given to me when I was 2 by my real dad or my aunt gave it to me while I was in the hospital while I was having my toes removed sorta thing.
I also had a place for everything, accessories had a box, clothing had a popcorn tin, so on so forth. Before I went to bed I put everything where it belonged. My mom never told me to clean my room, her reasoning was because she didn't have to live in it. But I always kept it clean and neat even if I had people sleep over. My best friend to this day pokes fun at me when she's sleeping over that she has to clean up her mess before she goes to bed lol.
On the note of buying MH for my 8 yr old daughter, I bought her a SS Abby because she loves Abby and she has a CAM I let her create with left over body parts from the CAMS I made. She keeps them on their stands up on the shelf unless a friend comes over and they play them, then they go back to the shelf. She wants more, but I told her she's got to show me she can care for what she has and play with them more often then 3-4 times a month. I find her LPS all around the house and her pokemon in the bathroom and her brothers' room and in the laundry. I won't buy her expensive toys until she can keep track of them and take care of them.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
Poor dolls... The worst I did to my dolls was to swich heads... I had lots of Barbies.... I had friends who didn't take as good care of their dolls though...

My son has a few dolls (excuse me, his daddy says - action figures) but they are cheaper ones as he is still very young. Currently I think they are all missing their clothes... Poor dollies....

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Oh all those poor dolls, horrific. I hope someone helps them out.
~Foxtale~

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 05:45:14 AM »
Whenever I see stuff like that I can't help but think that it was a terrible design decision by Mattel to make the lower arms/hands detachable. xD;

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 07:49:27 PM »
I think, originally, these dolls were meant for OLDER children, who could master the arm pulling technique :lol:

I realize even adult collectors still have trouble with this "technique" (who HASN'T broken an arm here or there?) but not a whole "lot" of damaged dolls worth!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
Even I'm hella scared to pull off their arms and breaking the peg, they're so small and breakable. >,<;
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »
My daughter asked me to change something out on one of her Cleo's and I had to pull the wrist off to get it on... When I went to put the hand back on the peg snapped off... She was upset, but she had more than one cleo and then she ended up giving her meemaw the doll to mod... it worked out, but boy was I mad at myself for doing it.. every once in a while I still see that hand floating around my daughters room... My daughter wanted to keep it because it looks like "thing" from the Adam's family.

Offline Dragonsummoner

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Of the people, for the people!
    • View Profile
    • Flickr pictures
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 11:52:55 PM »
I found the owner of all these dolls...

Sid from Toy Story!
 :lmao:

Sig by Sourdoughstomper and Blackestbird. Thank you!

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »
Oh man, that's kinda scary o_o

I took good care of my dolls when I was little... I had barbies when I was four, and the worst thing I did was put them in water, because I had a little mini inflatable pool just for barbie. xD Unfortunately I was never much of a doll person (until recently, haha!!) and I grew out of them way fast, but I took good care of my toys!

As for that lot of dolls.. wow, they look a bit destroyed. :( Maybe I'm being an optimist though, but I think that doll with her face torn off.. was maybe gotten at by the family dog, or some other pet being destructive? I'm not sure how a child could even manage to do that without a knife..!  :crazy:
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 05:23:03 AM »

Sid from Toy Story!
:lmao: That is so true!  I always feel so bad for destroyed toys ever since I saw this movie. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »

:cry: Those poor wave 1s......

Mother of God... *hurls in garbage can*  Even the faceless CAM doesn't bother me as much as that Clawdeen.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 02:25:09 PM »
She looks like a burn victim. >,<; wth happened to her?!

Sid from Toy Story!
Don't forget his accomplices: The Tibble Twins! Always breaking stuff and starting trouble. >,>;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »

Mother of God... *hurls in garbage can*  Even the faceless CAM doesn't bother me as much as that Clawdeen.

Weren't those on eBay?  Wave 1 or not, what mom looks at those dolls and goes "hm. I hear these are worth quite a bit! They aren't that bad! They'll totes sell!"  Ergh.  I'd have put them out to pasture. Those aren't even bait!

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 09:30:14 PM »
[pic]

Weren't those on eBay?  Wave 1 or not, what mom looks at those dolls and goes "hm. I hear these are worth quite a bit! They aren't that bad! They'll totes sell!"  Ergh.  I'd have put them out to pasture. Those aren't even bait!

Oh, I don't know. They may make good Halloween decorations for 2013. :p

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »
[pic]

Oh, I don't know. They may make good Halloween decorations for 2013. :p

true!!!  Especially if you had Faceless CAM to join them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal