collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your worst finds...  (Read 2393 times)

Foxy_Ninja

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your worst finds...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »
Someone needs to turn that faceless doll into the vampire from 30 Days of Night!

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 04:28:50 PM »
I was looking around on craigslist, and found this lot for $250.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I was wondering if anyone else had any less than stellar finds like this that they wanted to share??

Is the faceless one everyone is talking about the one in the top right corner, leaning against Lala's car?

....I....I... :cry: I think that is the werewolf CAM....OH GOD!!! :scared:

*runs and makes Jordan cover her eyes*

Foxy_Ninja

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
Poor CAM! Face sculpting may be in the near future.

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
I don't get it... I used to take care of my toys when I was a kid.

I never broke any.

I may have trimmed dolls' and ponies' hair, but only a little bit to get knots/frizz out.

... The worst that possibly happened was my sister doodling on my toys with marker. She gave one my ponies a "makeover".
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »
I was always the kid that was fixing everyone else's toys.... It would have bothered me beyond belief to have missing parts

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
What happened to those poor girls???  Seeing expensive dolls in this condition makes me angry with the parents!  Why would you buy doll after doll for your kids when they are clearly too delicate for your kids?!  Such a waste of dolls and money.

BYW, I am totally going to have nightmares about that doll with the huge hole in her face! 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 08:05:02 PM »
What happened to those poor girls???  Seeing expensive dolls in this condition makes me angry with the parents!  Why would you buy doll after doll for your kids when they are clearly too delicate for your kids?!  Such a waste of dolls and money.

BYW, I am totally going to have nightmares about that doll with the huge hole in her face!

I mean, when I have children, I wouldn't be buying doll after doll if he or she just decided to destroy them. At a certain point they won't want to play with the ruined doll anymore and will come to expect more and more and more. -_-

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »
These parents who bought a new doll after doll after doll when their kid didn't take care of them, didn't learn that lesson. >,<;

We didn't even get that many toys as kids! Most we had was a stuffed panda, and I still have it ever since I was a baby and through childhood! Heck, I'm looking at it right now as I'm typing this!!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 10:30:48 PM »
Hopefully this kid got all these toys for a birthday. Everyone bought one so they came in a batch, and when the parents saw this BS they decided to never buy them another one ever again!

We can hope, right?

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 10:39:41 PM »
I almost cried when I saw that picture with all those dolls... Poor things, mine are all MIB... except for the ones I have duplicates of... Eventually, despite my husband's whining, I will have an out of box collector duplicate of ALL of my dolls... My collection is my profile pic... This is what he wakes up to every day... He tells everyone that... its hilarious... Did anyone else notice that Clawd is wearing Holt's pants and has his lower arms?? O.o

Post Merge: December 23, 2012, 10:44:36 PM

I also have an 8 year old who takes WAAAAAYY better care of her MH dolls than that!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:44:36 PM by mejohnson85 »

Offline astroasis

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • Rabid Toy Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 03:16:31 AM »
I always feel bad when I see toys or dolls in such bad shape, but I try not to judge the previous owners too harshly. To be honest, I don't see much difference between a child "destroying" a doll and a grown-up "modding" one. In both cases, a stock toy is being destroyed/altered for the enjoyment of the doll's owner - and that toy will never again hold value to a "stock" collector.

Also, the world is full of older brothers and baby sisters and pets and vacuum cleaners and other calamities that claim all too many toys' lives. So we can't assume these toys were all owned by totally irresponsible children. All you can safely assume here is that there are some opportunistic people out there who think they can still make a mint ($250? Seriously?) on their kid's broken old stuff.

I also noticed Holt's pants/arms on Clawd. I notice a LOT of arms/legs/shoes/clothes in that pic that have been switched. I think the kid who owned these looked at them ALL as CAMs and treated them as such, just swapping parts as needed/desired. Probably had a lot of fun with them and I'd say this looked like a well-loved lot of dolls...

...if not for the one with her FACE blown clean off. WTF. How? WHY?

And I can't help thinking that second pic depicts a Cleo doll after a very unfortunate mud bath. Or a run in with a baby brother. Or a child's misguided attempt to give Cleo a darker skintone.
I primarily collect G1/G3 Ponies, Littlest Pet Shop, Monster High dolls and Mini Lalaloopsies. I also collect vinyl figures, dolls and 80's toys in general.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »
I used to "destroy" dolls as a kid too :blush:  I used to try to make their clothes "better" by cutting this and that off.  I cut the "skin" off one of my barbie's legs, to see what she looked like under there :lol:  I loved her so much with her mechanical leg:)

I was a creative child, and maybe that's how my parents viewed my destroying things.  It was art!

I've obviously grown out of that now :P Kinda.  I've done a bit of modding, and I'm terrible at it.  So I guess my good intensions turned into one or two less MH dolls in the world (SO SO SORRY)  I used a couple basic dolls to turn my Add-On CAMs into full dolls, before Mattel came around and helped me out.

I never had alot of toys as a child.  The only time I got something was for my birthday or Christmas.  I had to BEG for something if it was outside of those timeframes, and I still remember every little thing I got on the non-holidays!  I still have alot of my destroyed toys too!

Maybe this seller took all the arms, in case they need them later :lol:  They have some pretty good finds there too!  Gil, Toralei, a Wave 1 Clawdeen (I think) Not worth $250, but worth something, right?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »
I was a creative child, and maybe that's how my parents viewed my destroying things.  It was art!

My father is a farrier, and I tried to be like him and trimmed several of my My Little Ponies' hooves with nail clippers.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 08:04:43 PM »
Not all children constantly go through toys and destory them like the Tibble Twins. XD
I love you for the reference. I was a PBS kid too & will still occasionally watch Arthur. :P

My mom wouldn't let me wreck my toys. My cousin was the Barbie "hairdresser" & it freaked me out. XD
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 05:10:50 AM »
To be honest, I'd still buy the lot anyway to restore, Gil's in there! ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal