collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your worst finds...  (Read 2402 times)

SajiNoKami

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your worst finds...
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »
whoa, this would not fly with my ma. She did not have a lot of money so she would have made me pay her back for the ones she bought. I remember she was very upset with me when I cut 3 of my ponies hair. None of the cutting was bad, maybe cut an inch off 2 tails and Parasol needed a shorter hair being a punk. Later in life, I did a complete mod, but she never saw that one.

I am thinking that wolf cam got attacked by a dog.

kaskurgi

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 04:32:21 AM »
I swear sometimes I feel like I am going to break the arm or hand pegs off too then realize it was just bending normally to whatever way as it pinches my finger :P

I want to see someone modify the faceless doll to look like a shark with big pointy teeth or! You could make it into Mileena from Mortal Kombat :P

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 08:28:27 AM »
I swear sometimes I feel like I am going to break the arm or hand pegs off too then realize it was just bending normally to whatever way as it pinches my finger :P

This! Never broke anything myself yet, too! *knocks on wood* ..I still hate pulling the arms/hands of regular dolls, tho. CAMs are not so bad, but even with them I try to avoid it. I found a way to repair broken pegs for my little cousin, but I'd still rather avoid it with my own dolls. :|

kaskurgi

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This doll is on ebay :P Poor Jackson NOOOOO~

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »
Awwww that is a poor Jackson, he actually is my favorite of the boys. If I had seen him I would adopt him and make him into something beautiful. It looks like someone wanted to customize him and failed at removing his face so they just gave up.

As for breaking dolls by accident, I came home from work a few weeks ago and my daughters CAM was laying on my desk with her leg snapped off. Apparently her and her friend were playing with the dolls and someone stepped on her or something and the peg snapped off at the knee. I still have the leg, but I tossed the peg away because it just disturbed me. Is there a way to fix the leg? I have since given her the sea monster legs and she's happy with those. The one that broke was one of the dragon CAM legs :(
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:14:51 AM by Psivampyr »

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
There are a few sad looking 'repaints' out there!  Some of them look like a 5 year old took a marker and tried to 'improve' on their dolls.  I may sound like a jerk, but putting red paint all over a ghouls face and calling her a 'repaint' is stretching it a bit. 

I'm such a jerk:(

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
There are a few sad looking 'repaints' out there!  Some of them look like a 5 year old took a marker and tried to 'improve' on their dolls.  I may sound like a jerk, but putting red paint all over a ghouls face and calling her a 'repaint' is stretching it a bit. 

No you are not! I completely agree. I've seen some *bad* customizations with dolls and ponies alike. I mean it's fine if you're just doing your best and having fun, but trying to sell a doll with a big scribble of a "repaint" on it's face just makes it seem like they want money.

Post Merge: January 14, 2013, 01:54:31 PM

:cry: Those poor wave 1s......

Mother of God... *hurls in garbage can*  Even the faceless CAM doesn't bother me as much as that Clawdeen.

Weren't those on eBay?  Wave 1 or not, what mom looks at those dolls and goes "hm. I hear these are worth quite a bit! They aren't that bad! They'll totes sell!"  Ergh.  I'd have put them out to pasture. Those aren't even bait!

Yup, right on ebay like they were actually worth something.  -_-
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:54:32 PM by Flutterwonder13 »

kaskurgi

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »
Oh I agree with you! I am actually going to be looking into how to repaint properly because I have a Skelita Body that needs to be whiter to match the CAM Head (after I fix the part I broke :( I swear I didn't even touch the head area I was taking one of those plastic rubber bands off that was stuck in a joint LOL *facepalm* But now I see 100% why some dolls are broke.

Pachitastic

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 04:09:30 PM »
The dolls in the first pic remind me of a Wal-Mart.com review of basic Abbey.

The mom said that she bought it for her daughter and the arms just "snapped off" just like the last Monster High doll she'd bought her kid. I had a hard time understanding how they could break so easily, though those pegs ARE pretty skinny now that I think about it...

I have to wonder how old the kid was in that review though. I wouldn't buy MH for a kid unless they were proven to be gentle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal