collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: g1 pony find in a weird place? yes please!!!  (Read 1952 times)

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
g1 pony find in a weird place? yes please!!!
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »
I have an unusual hobby. I explore abandoned buildings as a hobby ( lol I basically sold off my collection and stopped collecting so I could have more time n money to do so) I'm a photographer so I naturally photograph these places as well. Today my friends took me to an abandoned church... its been abandoned for quite some time

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and in the one side of the church there was a small day care.... and just look what I spotted as soon as i walked into the room!!!

Unforunately the one part of the roof is missing (how does that even come off??? we looked everywhere for it) and the stickers are faded. BUT this finally gives me time to test out my replacement stickers, or at least a few ofthem. If anyone has a nursery MIB i NEED a large scan of the sticker sheet. I would be GREAT if you could send that to me :)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: g1 pony find in a weird place? yes please!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
That is so cool and odd all at the same time.  Congrats and love your photos of the church.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
Oh wow, that's awesome! You must have been so excited when you walked in and saw it there!  :frolic:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »
That is cool!! Why would all of that stuff just be left in a church? That looks like a very nice church. What is the story behind it? Do you know?

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
I'm an abandoned building lover and photographer too!  Although I'm just an amateur photographer, but I am passionate about exploring abandoned buildings. It's so thrilling and interesting and utterly beautiful.

I've not explored any major cathedral type churches yet (all the ones in my area are country churches and not grand buildings except for the ones still in use. So your picture is just so wonderful!  I wish I could visit this place!  I'd love to see more of your pictures if you would share them. 

So awesome you found ponies in that church!  What a surprise bonus. 

StarGleamer

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 12:59:46 AM »
I'm an abandoned building lover and photographer too!  Although I'm just an amateur photographer, but I am passionate about exploring abandoned buildings. It's so thrilling and interesting and utterly beautiful.

I've not explored any major cathedral type churches yet (all the ones in my area are country churches and not grand buildings except for the ones still in use. So your picture is just so wonderful!  I wish I could visit this place!  I'd love to see more of your pictures if you would share them. 

So awesome you found ponies in that church! 

What a surprise bonus. 

That is super awesome! We should talk about exploring sometime. I've taken some of my pony friends before since I kinda disappeared on them and they were like what have you been up to? I've never gotten the chance to explore a church THIS grand, there are quite a few of them (there used to be a lot more... a lot are being torn down now)

I've actually found pony stuff on more than one occasion and I've found a lot of 80s toys. This was definitely an awesome find. The best part about this church is in the basement there was an abandoned THRIFT STORE. It was filled. I didn't see too many toys but I only got the chance to dig a little bit.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
Oh gosh!   I really want to see that church now!  I can't believe they left everything like that.  I'll write more back a little later in a pm. I just woke up but I have a ton to say! :)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 06:09:47 AM »
I love this kind of stuff.  I'm a frequent visitor of this site, cause I just love the old stuff they explore http://www.opacity.us/
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
:blink:  Whoa... who just leaves a church like that?  The photos have a real post-apocalyptic feel to them, very fascinating and at the same time unsettling.  Have you any more information on, like, when it may have been abandoned?  Or the circumstances?  I'm all shades of curious!

And very cool find, btw.  Who knows what you'll find if you return to the basement thrift shop?

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 07:48:23 AM »
Ooooh wow!! That church is to beautiful to abandon. That stained glass is amazing!! I'm surprised there is still stuff in there.

What a fun find!

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
Abandoned buildings tend to make me feel sad but your pic is gorgeous and what awesome finds - I wonder why it was abandoned?

Congrats on your find!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
How cool is that?! Great find!
My Wish List

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 04:42:34 AM »
Oh my gosh I would love to go to an abandoned church, set up a microphone and listen to how cool it sounds with the echo and me singing. Nice find though! If I wasn't in Australia, I would totally come with you on your trips.. I love love love old buildings.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »
That's really cool! Congrats! You need to go back and dig around some more. :P I would love to take up that hobby myself - abandoned buildings are so fascinating to me.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

StarGleamer

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
Wow didn't thikn you guys would be so interested in the church lol. I guess ppl might understand why I gave up collecting to do this though :)

I don't know much history, I used to be really into finding out about the history and not so much getting into these places (most of the time I couldn't do it, too scared to trespass and in general just scared) but now its more about getting in and taking photos. I can tell you that this probably ended up like every other historical building. Owners too cheap or too poor to fix it, gets foreclosed by the banks, city owns it. Does nothing with it and then lets it get so bad theres no choice but to demolish it. This city has demolished MANY churches over the last several years.

And yeah you'd be shocked how much stuff people just leave behind. I've found houses that look like they literally just up and left (but many times they died and no one cares about them or their belongings so they just get left behind) Ive found ponies on more than one occasion

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal