collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Repo Flutter Wings (Sales Date Posted!)  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Naamah

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Repo Flutter Wings (New Pics!)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
WOOO HOOO!  I hope I don't miss out on it when you're ready due to extreme forgetfulness.  Will you be posting in the customs sale forum for these?  I will also just stalk this thread, I think.  I'd love to "test drive" a few pair on my ladies, and look forward to it as soon as they're ready and I gots the money in PayPal.
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth . . . that I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »
Naamah: Yep, they will be posted in the customs sales forum on the arena. I'll try my best to give warning on this thread when I am nearing completion of my first sales batch.

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »
Hey, those look nice! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 05:45:08 PM »
Rosier: Right now I am having trouble getting them to be the exact same shape for every wing. Yes, they take on the general shape of a flutter wing, but the patterns of the wing always come out a little different for me. While I agree they should have something distinguishing them from a original set, I'm not sure how I could do that. And more than likely, I'll be selling them for $5 or $6.

Nichi: I live in Arizona, so shipping within the US would be pretty inexpensive. I'll ship internationally too, but the cost will of course be higher.

And thanks everyone for the great comments so far : )

That being the case, I would happily pay $5-6 per set and I live in the USA so it sounds like shipping would be very reasonable! Awesome!
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »
Very nice! I won't ask you how you did them even though I'm highly curious. I need to go back and start doing my winger wings
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

RedKitsune

Re: New Repo Flutter Wings (Original Wing Comparison Pic Posted!)
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
Comparison Pics Posted : )

Dream: I'm actually very tempted to make a tutorial of these. They are time consuming to make and I don't know if I will always have time to sell them. There's issues with that though because even though they do look different from the originals in some ways, they could still be possibly pawned off on ebay  for those that are not too familiar with how the originals look. I want some control of the distribution of them for the time being.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »
Comparison Pics Posted : )

Dream: I'm actually very tempted to make a tutorial of these. They are time consuming to make and I don't know if I will always have time to sell them. There's issues with that though because even though they do look different from the originals in some ways, they could still be possibly pawned off on ebay  for those that are not too familiar with how the originals look. I want some control of the distribution of them for the time being.
That's understandable! One of the things I was looking into was casting MLPs but I didn't want people to think they were original ponies so I would have to figure out how to clarify they weren't if by some chance one made it to Ebay x.x
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Naamah

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »
I just saw the comparison pics and I gotta say, I am impressed!  They are more colorful, and while that makes them technically not accurate, it also makes them really darn pretty, and my girls would be ALL OVER getting to wear something even more shiny than the ones they had originally.

I agree with keeping control of the distribution for the time being.  I am trying to think of a way you could easily identify these as reproductions.  I have a hunch I know more or less how you did it, and would love to see a tutorial, but the potential for people to make new, beautiful wings, and sell them as originals and fleece people that way is an understandable cause for concern.  I think the pony community as a whole is really lovely and ethical and supportive, but there's always gonna be someone out for a quick buck willing to take credit for something that isn't theirs (happened to three of my friends in the last three months; THREE -- not anything to do with ponies, though).  Hmm.  It does bear thinking about.

All that said, I am really enthusiastic about this project, and wanna thank RedKitsune for sharing with us.  I will definitely be putting some money aside to get a pair or two, and will be happy to report back here and do a mini-review for others who are thinking of getting them.
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth . . . that I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKitsune

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »
Naamah: If your wondering, I came upon this method from combining a bunch of different methods I was trying to do to make the wings. They were almost a happy accident. So unless you know A + B = C, your probably not going to get the same results I have. I even talked to an expert on the material the wings were made out of and they even had no idea the material could be used in that way. But by all means, if you can figure out what I did, I won't mind if you make your own. Just be careful about giving out the secret, like you said, while the community is good as a whole, there's going to be one or two out there that will try to profit regardless. I would also be happy for a review of the wings as well : )

Offline Naamah

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »
Honestly, if I can save myself the aggravation and just buy them from you, I'll be 100% more than happy! XD  I'm happy to let someone else do the work!  *ahem*  I mean, give them a hand and throw money at them.  *lol*  I'm just so curious!  Why, yes, I am a cat person! XD

RedKitsune

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »
Naamah: That's understandable : ) You'll get your chance to buy them soon enough xD

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 02:08:51 PM »
Want!!  One problem, the itty bitty things inside the wing holders are missing in DD's flutters.  Anyone have an idea on fixing that?
:socks:   :frog:

RedKitsune

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 02:32:46 PM »
Rybett: I don't know who DD is. However, you can use various kinds of tape and adhesive strips to make the wings more secure in the slots.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 03:35:04 PM »
Will be stalking this thread and the sales forum for sure!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 06:30:42 PM »
These are really beautiful :) I might have to consider getting a pair for my Hollywood ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal