collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Repo Flutter Wings (Sales Date Posted!)  (Read 1450 times)

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
New Repo Flutter Wings (Sales Date Posted!)
« on: December 21, 2012, 08:59:20 PM »
EDIT 3:

15+ pairs of flutter wings will be going on sale tomorrow, Monday the 31st, at 12noon Arizona Standard Time in the customs sales forum. Paypal accepted only. $6 + $1 for shipping/handling within the US. Hope to see you there : )

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

End of EDIT

EDIT 2: People have been asking for comparison pics of the repo and original wings. Original on the left, Repo on the right:

The main difference are these wings are more colorful than the originals. I can modify my technique to make these less colorful, but I do like the results of these.

End of EDIT 2

EDIT: I made another set of wings today. They have a more detailed pattern of the flutter wing than the wings in the first pictures since I did a slight variation in my technique. These pictures are also taken in the sunlight, so you can really see the transparency and pattern on them. Pics below:

(end of edit)

After weeks of fiddling with various methods, I came up with some wings which I think are close to repo quality. Question is, would anybody like these enough to buy them? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:03:33 PM by RedKitsune »

Miserati

Re: New Repo Flutter Wings
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
Those look awesome! Very well done. Buying for me would depend on the price.

RedKitsune

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »
The materials to make these are not expensive, it's just they are time consuming to make. Ether way, I wouldn't charge a lot for these. Don't most repo flutter wings go for like $5 to $6 a piece? I might be wrong about that though. Price suggestions are welcome.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »
I'd be interested in a couple for my Lily and Forget Me Not.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »
Those look awesome!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »
i think 5 or 6 is definitely reasonable.
for that price i'd buy a set just to have one.

only concern is you should either have a signature stamp or you can clearly tell them for the originals, otherwise people may try to resell as originals.

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »
Okay so I got on the Arena cause I been thinking about depressing stuff tonight and I figured ponies would cheer me up, and I saw this topic and I'll be totally honest here I literally said "Oh boi some new repro flutter wangs think they look awful Chibi (my cat)?" and I clicked on this thread expecting to see some not-so good wings, and I was totally blown away. USUALLY I don't even like the ORIGINAL wings I think they look silly -has tomatoes thrown at her- so I usually don't like most repros but for some reason.

FOR SOME REASON.

I really really like these I think they're gorgeous and you did a fantastic job with them. :) So I would most definitely love to order some pairs from you in the hopefully-near future!

But I have a question :o How flimsy are they? I mean pretty much any wings you put on a flutter pony usually aren't play-worthy, just due to the design of the actual pony. Unless if you made steel wings or something but I digress. Sometimes I'm a little too lazy to pull the wings off of my flutters when I'm say, styling their hair or something. So how would these wings hold up with that, perhaps general handling, how would they store best, are these enough questions yet? XD sorry, I'm just really curious! And again, AWESOME job!!
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 12:46:09 AM »
I love them.  I agree with Miserati. Buying them would depend on the price for me as well. And the shipping cost.  I have a lot of wingless flutter ponies though.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

RedKitsune

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 07:58:06 AM »
Rosier: Right now I am having trouble getting them to be the exact same shape for every wing. Yes, they take on the general shape of a flutter wing, but the patterns of the wing always come out a little different for me. While I agree they should have something distinguishing them from a original set, I'm not sure how I could do that. And more than likely, I'll be selling them for $5 or $6.

Purple: I think most wings made are sometimes not trying to look like reproduction flutter wings. I have seen a lot of butterfly wings made for customs and while they are pretty, it's clear the designer was not trying to make them look like original wings ether. These wings were intended to look like repos, at least as close as I could possibly get them to be anyway. For the sturdiness of the wings, they are flexible, but they will not break like a original flutter wing. I'm guessing as long as you were not too rough, you could brush the hair of the pony while they were wearing the wings. They have little cushions attached to them at the end, so they will stay securely in the wing slot.

Nichi: I live in Arizona, so shipping within the US would be pretty inexpensive. I'll ship internationally too, but the cost will of course be higher.

And thanks everyone for the great comments so far : )

Offline babyprincess_sparkle

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/mylittleponycustoms
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 09:59:30 AM »
I would luv to buy some ^_^
 http://www.facebook.com/mylittleponycustomsvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »
Those look amazing!  Maybe you could start with $6 for one set, $10 for 2 sets?  They look better than originals, I love that shimmer!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 02:32:30 PM »
They look awesome :) I have a couple ponies without wings that I would deffo be interested in buying wings for, dependent on what price you decide and P&P to the UK :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

RedKitsune

Re: New Repo Flutter Wings (New Pics!)
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 03:20:44 PM »
Color: Depending on the popularity of these, I don't know if I should offer multiple purchase discounts on them. I'll just just have to see what the demand is. Though I know there is definitely some people interested so far.

Pink: These wings are small, sturdy, and weigh practically nothing. I wouldn't worry too much over shipping costs.

Offline Naamah

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
. . . Oh my goodness, this is like magic.

Yes, I would absolutely be interested in buying them, though whether I could afford to is another question entirely.  I've got nearly all the flutter ponies now, and none of them have wings, so obviously there's a market. . . .
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth . . . that I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKitsune

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 01:05:17 PM »
Naamah: I decided to price the flutter wings at $6 each + shipping costs. I will more likely be shipping them in a padded envelope, so I doubt the shipping cost will be a challenge. I'm just waiting to get more supplies in, so I can actually start producing enough to sell.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal