collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39939 times)

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1125 on: January 03, 2013, 09:10:56 PM »
Do you ever wonder if a doll we have right now might be super sought after in a few months? Like I wonder if anyone saw a Signature Toralei on the shelf and went "Naw...." and regrets it now.
I never anticipated the price increases o_O  I started collecting fairly early, so I have all the wave 1 releases of the core group, but I took a break last year and now Gil and Toralei are impossible to get without paying an arm and a leg.  And despite trying to get Scarah off of Mattycollector this year, she sold out before I managed to even access the site.  Acquiring Dead Fast Ghoulia the year before wasn't nearly as hard! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 03, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
Do you ever wonder if a doll we have right now might be super sought after in a few months? Like I wonder if anyone saw a Signature Toralei on the shelf and went "Naw...." and regrets it now.

Thats why I tend to buy a few of the more popular dolls and then keep them to play with... I am trying to ensure I get 2 of each at least. One I can play with and one MIB, if both are MIB when I get them, I choose the better of the 2 to keep MIB and use the other to play :) I am also thinking about getting a couple extras of my faves so I can use the new fashion packs.... I wasnt really interested in them so I didnt really bother getting them at first, but now that I see everyone with their dolls in the fashion packs they are a must!! I kinda wanna get 2 sets of those too  :blush:

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 03, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

Yup, but I'm sooo terrible at predicting what will be HTF down the line! I saw plenty of Toraleis for months in the winter/spring of 2011/2012 (I'd gotten mine in November) and thought multiple times "Maybe I should pick up an extra for someone who might be looking for her in a few months? Naahhh, no one will want her, she'll be old news." ... ... ... sorry everyone :doh:

If I had to predict which current dolly might be the sought-after one in another 6 months... maybe Jinafire? DC Howleen? PD Cleo (I hope not because I don't have her yet)? No, I have no clue. Watch me be totally wrong. :P

Of the new leaked monsters! I am a bit sad that I'm not super hyped for any of the 13 Wishes ghouls (except maybe Howleen, though I also don't understand yet how she fits the theme!  :lol:). My wallet is pleased, though, haha. Maybe I can hold out til they're on sale for once! I LOVE Rochelle/Spectra/Goona Ghouls Night Out, though. Three insta-buys there. :lovey: And Twyla. Cutecutecute!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 03, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »
I think I may end up collecting all the Rochelles... *sigh*

(and I love the leaked picture of spectra! The colors look so dark and rich!)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 03, 2013, 10:04:26 PM »
I'm loving Twyla. Her little stuffed bunny pet is sooo cute! Not sure about Gigi though. I'll have to see her in person before I decide on her. I really like the new Rochelle. When I first started collecting I said I would only get one of each doll ( HAH!!). That quickly became two of each doll. I think Scaris and Ghouls Night Out Rochelle might make be break my new rule. Bad Rochelle, bad! :P

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 03, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »
For anyone that is interested, I am going to attempt to go to comic con this year and grab as many as allowed... I dont know if there is a limit to the amount you can get while there. I have a feeling someone is going to be standing in line for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time... LMAO... But hey depending on how many I get I can always sell/trade some away :) I will let you guys know as it gets closer...

I would be grateful if you got me one too! I think it's 6 per person.

Really? That many... I am going to have to take my mommy and sister...  :lol:

Post Merge: January 03, 2013, 08:04:11 PM

For anyone that is interested, I am going to attempt to go to comic con this year and grab as many as allowed... I dont know if there is a limit to the amount you can get while there. I have a feeling someone is going to be standing in line for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time... LMAO... But hey depending on how many I get I can always sell/trade some away :) I will let you guys know as it gets closer...

I'm definitely interested!! I was absolutely heartbroken when I missed out on Scarah last year. :(

There is a person on the Sac craigslist that is selling one for 175... I would snatch her up so I have a second, but I dont have the money available... I am going to save some school money for the comic con :)

Post Merge: January 03, 2013, 08:07:38 PM

Oh yay!! My killer style Lala and Frankie are on their way here... And my 3rd DC operetta... I accidentally ordered 3 of her...  :blink:

Yeah I definitely can't afford to pay for a doll that's nearly $200!  x_x  I'm pretty sure I've just missed the boat on  Scarah altogether.
But I should absolutely have doll money around Comic-Con time!

You know, I actually really like Gigi.  Her hair and outfit are so cute!  She reminds me of Ves Ves from Sailor Moon.
Twyla's cute too.  Her coloring is interesting.  I'm also hoping that she glows in the dark.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 03, 2013, 10:40:40 PM »
That's why I've only stuck to/grabbed every Signature dolls that came out and counting. :P Occasionally, I ebay what I have and go. "Damn..."

If I can remember, Signature Cleo & Deuce went for about $230 (Or was it $120. Can't remember I think I got the numbers mixed. >,<) and the others were going for pretty high.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1132 on: January 03, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
that Lagoona reminds me of Tinkerbell XD

and I think i might skip DC Holween and snag this girl -- i like the straight hair and that outfit....so cuuuuute! :heart:
**thinks of allllll those shoes that need to be added to the want list**

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »
I paid pretty high dollar for my wave 1 dolls. I didn't start collecting until earlier this year... but its pretty impressive for only starting this year.  I think I might be getting some of the plushies for my birthday  :biggrin: I am sooooo excited :) I am also looking at getting the scaris car and ghoulia's scooter (FINALLY!!)... And as far as the new dolls, I will have to see the final product before I decide which ones I like most. But I like the concept behind them and I too like the Lagoona with the yellow hair.  ^.^

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1134 on: January 04, 2013, 12:58:16 AM »
God yes, I remember when signature Deuce/Cleo sets were all that could be found in stores. I felt like Superman whenever I found a signature wave doll in stores that wasn't that set. Oh, and the absolute hordes of Holts that littered the toy store shelves that fateful year...

I absolutely regret not getting myself a few discontinued/HTF dolls while they were still in stores. Namely that first b&w Frankie and Dead Fast Ghoulia from Comic Con when they were still available.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 04, 2013, 04:55:24 AM »
Does anyone know what this year's comic com doll will be? Has it been announced yet? Any rumors?

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1136 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:48 AM »

I did this with Draculaura's Coffin bed.  In September this year I found one at TRU for $20 when we were on vacation.  I didn't get it because I was new to MH collecting and I wanted to focus on the dolls.  I also didn't think it would be that hard or expensive to get a hold of  :argh:  WRONG!  Still kicking myself.
wow just looked up coffin bed prices on fee bay ..   i gotta say I am glad i got this when i did!!  i am suprised it went up so much.

Post Merge: January 04, 2013, 05:13:26 AM

Clear photos of Gigi and Twyla! From monsterhighexpert on flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monsterhighexpert/8344285624/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/monsterhighexpert/8343226277/in/photostream

really liking twyla!!   on the fence about gigi we will see :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:13:26 AM by mistic_imp »

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1137 on: January 04, 2013, 05:46:34 AM »

Yes yes yes! Pleeeaaassee!! I didn't get Scarah last year and am still sad about it. I would love to get this years.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 04, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »

That is so sweet of you to offer! I would be super grateful if you could grab me one. :)

I wonder that a lot actually. I've passed by a few Skelitas this week and considered grabbing another for down the road. I am full of regret for all the dolls I passed by over the last few years due to unemployment. I know it was the right choice to not spend that money at the time but now with hindsight I would of grabbed Holt, Cleo/Deuce, Gil and all the Toraleis that I wandered around with before forcing myself to put them back on the shelf. Le sigh.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 04, 2013, 07:00:07 AM »

6 was the limit last year, I can't remember who from here went last year, but I think it took her two days of waiting in line to get her dolls?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal