collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39898 times)

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #1110 on: January 03, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
I'm so glad I got to see these pics, but I do hope no one gets in trouble!! :S

Frankie and Clawdeen are amazing (although I hope the purple dress piece on Clawdeen is removable - under there is a really sweet mini-dress). Thank goodness they're not characters that are often difficult to find. I like Gigi a lot, too! Twyla is kind of forgettable to me, but obviously she's a prototype so things might change. I find her hairstyle kind of blah, and the outfit is also very...meh. The colours seem to fit in more with Scaris than 13 Wishes.

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 03, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
wow took me a while to catch up and it had only been a few hours! lol.

I know already i have to have that frankie! and Howleen! i think ill have to see more photos or the rest in person before i decide on them....i think....

no Abbey? Maybe another one later....although i still need the scaris one so im not complaining
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:12:41 PM by CrazyCatPony »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 03, 2013, 07:17:04 PM »
My thoughts on the new dolls:

Lagoona: FINALLY a reason for me to buy a Lagoona. The current one is just too tame...too unmonster-like. Her skin isn't blue enough; her hair isn't yellow enough. This one finally screams SEA MONSTER to me!

Rochelle: She looks great with no bangs!

Spectra: Wavy hair?! Yay!

Howleen: I'm very disappointed they are giving her pink hair yet again. The original Howleen was the first female doll with an afro of sorts. Can't we continue that diversity instead of giving her a long, flowing, silky mane? She does look really cute here, granted, but I hope we see her afro again. It's why I bought her in the first place!

Gigi & Twyla: PLEASE let them be CAMs! They don't have nearly enough going on for them to be signature dolls. We're talking a genie here! This is the chance to make an EXTRAORDINARY doll, not an I Dream of Genie lookalike...

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 03, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »
Confirmed with a photoshop check, that is indeed frankies head on that yellow Lagoona. So yeah, super prototype stage on her.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #1114 on: January 03, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »
ERMAGERD. I love that yellow-haired Lagoona - and OMG that Frankie, wow - and EEEK the new Howleen!!! they're keeping her hair pink?? LOVE IT.

ETA... WHERE IS GHOULIA??????????????
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:34:36 PM by Kalavista »

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 03, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »
For anyone that is interested, I am going to attempt to go to comic con this year and grab as many as allowed... I dont know if there is a limit to the amount you can get while there. I have a feeling someone is going to be standing in line for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time... LMAO... But hey depending on how many I get I can always sell/trade some away :) I will let you guys know as it gets closer...

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »
For anyone that is interested, I am going to attempt to go to comic con this year and grab as many as allowed... I dont know if there is a limit to the amount you can get while there. I have a feeling someone is going to be standing in line for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time... LMAO... But hey depending on how many I get I can always sell/trade some away :) I will let you guys know as it gets closer...

I would love it if you could pick me up one!
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 03, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »

I would be grateful if you got me one too! I think it's 6 per person.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 03, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »

I'm definitely interested!! I was absolutely heartbroken when I missed out on Scarah last year. :( 

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 03, 2013, 08:01:55 PM »
Confirmed with a photoshop check, that is indeed frankies head on that yellow Lagoona. So yeah, super prototype stage on her.

Is it a Sweet 1600 Frankie head? The hair reminds me of her Sweet 1600 hair.
-Bow Tie

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 03, 2013, 08:02:56 PM »

I would be grateful if you got me one too! I think it's 6 per person.

Really? That many... I am going to have to take my mommy and sister...  :lol:

Post Merge: January 03, 2013, 08:04:11 PM

I'm definitely interested!! I was absolutely heartbroken when I missed out on Scarah last year. :(

There is a person on the Sac craigslist that is selling one for 175... I would snatch her up so I have a second, but I dont have the money available... I am going to save some school money for the comic con :)

Post Merge: January 03, 2013, 08:07:38 PM

Oh yay!! My killer style Lala and Frankie are on their way here... And my 3rd DC operetta... I accidentally ordered 3 of her...  :blink:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:07:38 PM by mejohnson85 »

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1121 on: January 03, 2013, 08:08:10 PM »
Also, is it just me or do Gigi and Twyla look a lot like the Harpy and Siren CAMs?
Well, considering that the Scarah prototype was made using a Frankie doll, it's entirely possible Gigi and Twyla were made with the harpy and siren CAM heads. If so, the actual release dolls will look quite different.

EDIT: This could explain why Twyla's head is a differen color to her body. Isn't the siren CAM a light blue?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:20:02 PM by pukunui »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1122 on: January 03, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »
Do you ever wonder if a doll we have right now might be super sought after in a few months? Like I wonder if anyone saw a Signature Toralei on the shelf and went "Naw...." and regrets it now.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 03, 2013, 08:26:46 PM »
Do you ever wonder if a doll we have right now might be super sought after in a few months? Like I wonder if anyone saw a Signature Toralei on the shelf and went "Naw...." and regrets it now.

I never thought it would be. I had one and sold her back in the spring to help pay my credit card bill. I remember seeing tons of her and SO Clawdeen in the fall of 2011. I was at a TRU and they had an endcap full of Toralei and SO Clawdeen! I never thought either of them would have been sought after.
-Bow Tie

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1124 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »

I did this with Draculaura's Coffin bed.  In September this year I found one at TRU for $20 when we were on vacation.  I didn't get it because I was new to MH collecting and I wanted to focus on the dolls.  I also didn't think it would be that hard or expensive to get a hold of  :argh:  WRONG!  Still kicking myself.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal