collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39494 times)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »
I'm so happy to have all of my dolls back out again! I moved recently and they've been sitting all packaged up in wine boxes for the past few weeks while I've gotten some of the more important things unpacked and taken care of. I had stripped off the smaller pieces on everyone's outfits and jewelry because I was unsure how long they would be sitting packed up and I didn't want to risk loosing or snapping off any of the tiny pieces, so I sat down the other night to reassemble and neaten up everyone's hair while watching LOTR's. :)

I was a bit sad to find out that my signature Deuce and Holt were broken however.  -_- For how long, I don't know, since they've mostly been sitting on a shelf for the better half of three years and I've never removed their outfits before. I caught Deuce's break and then decided to check the rest of my boys to see how they fared.

I luckily had kept a baity-headed, no forearmed Deuce around that's body was still perfect, who I was able to swap out bodies with, so that's fixed, but I'm going to have to look into some modeling glue or epoxy to fix poor Holt. They both had the same break that many people seem to have experienced earlier in the line's inception. There's a split right near the crotch seam of their torsos, just to the side of it, as if the plastic just couldn't hold up to the tension that the strung elastic put on that area. His legs are still staying in and he doesn't really get handled too often, so as long as I can find something decent to re-bond the area, I should be good.

In other news, I stopped in to buy a gift for a family member at my local TRU the other night and I couldn't believe how huge their MH section was! This store is hit up and destroyed every week when it comes to these dolls and it was like they couldn't have fit more in if they tried. They were also absolutely swimming in Ghouls Alive, which while I won't be buying, I had fun toying around with. They must have had about 20 of each character, along with Dance Class, DDG, Picture Day, Werecat Sisters, and (deluxe) Scaris dolls (minus the two new girls). I also saw the new basic and deluxe fashion packs that I've been absolutely craving, but I'm holding back money for Christmas shopping, so it was a no-go. Such a tease though!  :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:25:03 AM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2012, 09:21:50 AM »
Yesterday I went to TRU, Walmart, two Justices and a Claires in search of Jinafire and Skelita.  No luck.  But I did see a Scaris Deuce at Claire's!...In someone else's basket lol.  So if anyone is still looking for basic Scaris dolls, you might try Claires.  They had them!

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2012, 09:51:33 AM »

is that you, operetta

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2012, 10:09:20 AM »
I wonder, do you guys think there is an interest here or on other sites for adopting ready made characters for like 10USD or something like that.

I have some Original MH characters that I think turned out pretty good, but that I have no use of myself. So I wonder if maybe people would be interested in buying them.

The two I have made right now is an Orc; Ori'ka Bonecracker and a genie; Ginny Wish

Adoptable made by me

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2012, 10:12:56 AM »
They are all on youtube.com

I must be blind. I've been searching YouTube but all I find are two minute clips or home made things with people's dolls. Do you have any links?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterHigh

That's their youtube channel. Most of their webisodes are about a minute and a half long, except for the first special that introduced the ghouls, which is about 30 mins long.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »
Ok. I misunderstood then. I thought this was a Tv show so I was trying to locate full length TV episodes. If there are only webisodes then I guess that explains why I can't find the show anywhere to watch. 

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
Also here you are, a sketch of my favourite Frankie!

I will definitely color this one later on

Adoptable made by me

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
Ok. I misunderstood then. I thought this was a Tv show so I was trying to locate full length TV episodes. If there are only webisodes then I guess that explains why I can't find the show anywhere to watch. 

There's no TV show, though there are movie specials that have premiered on Nickelodeon, usually around a holiday like Halloween.

So far, the flash animation specials (in the same style as the webisodes) have been named "New Ghoul @ School" and "Fright On!", while the CGI specials are "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?" (based on the Sweet 1600 line), "Escape From Skull Shores", and "Ghouls Rule", with "Ghouls Rule" being the first to be released straight to DVD before being shown on television.  Many of the movie specials are for sale on DVD, so there isn't an official way to view them online past "New Ghoul @ School", since Mattel wants us to purchase them. You may still find some fan-uploaded videos on Youtube for them though.

There are also two more upcoming CGI specials, which are titled "Friday Night Frights" (based on the Roller Maze line) and "City of Frights" (based on the Scaris line).

Hope that helps. :)

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
Thank you so much! That does clear up a lot of my confusion!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
Found the Deluxe Fashion Packs at TRU! When I got there around noon, they only had Operetta and Ghoulia. This one couple were grabbing all of the single fashion packs (Lagoona, Operetta and one other) and I squeezed on through to grab Operetta. They didn't like that so they grabbed the Ghoulia one that was laying on the shelf, which I didn't see. I didn't want her's anyways. The manager at that TRU said that they were getting one last truck in tonight before Christmas, after he checked to see if they had anymore, so I'm going to check tomorrow after work. :)
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #266 on: December 20, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »
Do Walmart and Target usually carry the fashion packs?  I have never seen them at ours and the nearest TRU is over an hour away.  The soonest I will be visiting it would probably be no earlier than February or March.  The only places here I have seen any kinds of Fashion Packs are Shopko and Kmart and they have very few.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline CrazyCatPony

• 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 20, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »
i've seen fashion packs at walmart, just not the new ones yet.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »
I used to see fashion packs at Walmart, Target and TRu, but they're one of those "Get'em now before they're cleared out" things. Saw a few fashion packs once, left them there cause I didn't have the money, a few days later, had the money, shelves look like they never had any fashion packs. >,<;
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2012, 03:02:59 PM »
I saw one lone new Abbey fashion pack along with the Scaris Car and Cafe... and.. I had no cash on me lol. I think I am going to wait on the cafe and car in case Mattel decides to release them with dolls.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal