collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not too happy with picture day abbey.  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Not too happy with picture day abbey.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
I just emailed them for the same thing, but it happened to my PD Cleo. If you were to pull her hair back into a ponytail, you can see right to her scalp. The worst part is its not even painted to match up to her hair line. It stops right where the hair gets thin! UGH. Figures, its the first Cleo I actually like and shes all jacked up. :(

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »
I still haven't heard back from my latest complaint email I sent them. They must have a lot of emails to get through. I know when I emailed them back in October, both times they got back to me within 24 hours. It's been almost 2 full days now and I still haven't heard anything.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 09:43:59 PM »
I don't have a link for it but there is an option to chat with a live customer service rep. It's on the page with all the contact info. That would be the best way to do it because then they can confirm you get the replacement. Emails get ignored too easily.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
I don't have a link for it but there is an option to chat with a live customer service rep. It's on the page with all the contact info. That would be the best way to do it because then they can confirm you get the replacement. Emails get ignored too easily.

They answered me the first two times. I guess I could try the chat, but if they ask for numbers from the box, I wouldn't be able to give them that since I already threw it away. I guess I'll give them one more day to see if they respond to my email, and if they don't, then I'll try the chat.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »
They did ask me for numbers from my box, but they first asked if I had the box. They may still be able to help you even if you don't have the box.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
Well, I got an email reply this morning from them. They offered me a voucher, but said I'd have to return her. I declined because while the bald spots limit her hairstyles, she has a perfect faceup with no eye wonk or anything, which is the biggest thing for me because I'm picky about the faces. Plus, there aren't anymore DT dolls at Big Lots or Family Dollar so I wouldn't be able to use the voucher for a replacement anyway. I ended up telling them, though, that I mostly just wanted them to be aware of the issues and I also brought up the glue seepage problem just in case they hadn't heard much about it. I haven't had any glue issues yet, but I do have two Indonesian dolls, so I'm sure it will show up eventually.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
I just thought I'd update. Since I turned them down for returning the doll in favor of a voucher and just told them I was only trying to help with their quality control (which I also explained other common issues we've been seeing, like glue seepage and eye wonk) I wasn't expecting to hear back. But I just got an email today from them, along with a request to fill out a survey about their customer service. This is what the email said (minus names for obvious reasons):

We’re so glad you contacted us about your Monster High Dolls.  We realize life is busy and we appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with us.

Our design and engineering teams put a lot of thought and energy into creating an engaging product, and your experience concerns us.  We love hearing from our consumers to understand how our products work in the real world.  Our team has passed along your comments to our product development group.

Because we value your loyalty, we are sending a $28.00 voucher to use towards your next purchase. The voucher is being mailed and you should have it within 14 business days.

We work hard to exceed consumer expectations, and we thank you for sharing your opinions with us.

So that's pretty nice of them. Hopefully they actually did pass along the info, especially about the glue seepage and faceup/eye wonk issues to the right people. I'd love to see these dolls keep improving quality-wise. I've purchased hundreds of Barbies over the years and I've never had any issues with them, so I want to see MH be just as good.

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »
Wow! Thats so awesome of them! Sounds like they really are trying to fix some of the problems. I've seen less and less eye wonk lately (maybe its just the dolls that get sent to my area are nice, or it could be they're trying to fix it...) and none of the newer dolls I've purchased have the glue problem. (yet. keeping my fingers crossed that it dosn't show up!)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Wow! Thats so awesome of them! Sounds like they really are trying to fix some of the problems. I've seen less and less eye wonk lately (maybe its just the dolls that get sent to my area are nice, or it could be they're trying to fix it...) and none of the newer dolls I've purchased have the glue problem. (yet. keeping my fingers crossed that it dosn't show up!)
Really? I've seen some of the worst eye wonk ever on some of the new dolls, like that Dance Class Howleen with the melting face!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 02:21:01 PM »
I've seen eye wonk recently, but it's not as bad or as common as it used to be. It's still an issue, though. It definitely seems like they care more than Hasbro does. I've contacted Hasbro before to report issues and I never hear back from them, so I just gave up on trying.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
Yep, it definitely seems like they care more than Hasbro does.
Interesting. I've had the opposite experience with Hasbro NZ and Mattel Australia.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:28:01 PM by pukunui »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal