collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not too happy with picture day abbey.  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Not too happy with picture day abbey.
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »
I was so excited to see one left on the shelf and I grabbed her up the second I saw her (obsessed with abbey) but i took her out of the box, and her hair is AWFUL. she appears to have one leg longer than the other, and her right arm won't lift up or down easy, I'm scared her arm will break off if I move it too much. Anyone else have problems with her?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Not too happy with picture day abbey.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:34:07 PM »
My PD Abbey is perfect, but I bought a PD Lala for someone on here, and her leg was broken off at the knee. I had to return her, and they put her back on the shelf!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 01:05:10 PM »
I was so excited to see one left on the shelf and I grabbed her up the second I saw her (obsessed with abbey) but i took her out of the box, and her hair is AWFUL. she appears to have one leg longer than the other, and her right arm won't lift up or down easy, I'm scared her arm will break off if I move it too much. Anyone else have problems with her?
Complain to Mattel. They'll most likely send you a replacement.

My PD Abbey is perfect, but I bought a PD Lala for someone on here, and her leg was broken off at the knee. I had to return her, and they put her back on the shelf!
Ugh! That's just so wrong!

Melissa

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 01:16:28 PM »
I really want PD Spectra... I guess I'll have to inspect extra carefully, if/when I find her. :blink:

Sorry for your experience, I would have been so mad if my Abbey wasn't in good shape. Took me a while to find one of good quality.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »
Yeah, definitely complain to Mattel. The two dolls I had issues with I complained to Mattel and both times I was sent a replacement for free and I didn't have to send my other ones back.

I actually just sent them another email complaining about my DT 2 Lala's hair. Once I removed the ponytail to wash that nasty gel stuff out, I noticed her hair is very thinly rooted in the back and top of her head (right behind her bangs) so she has huge bald spots. If I leave her hair down it's not terribly noticeable, but I was hoping to try different hairstyles for her, and now that's not really possible without it looking bad.

I love that they send replacements, but the real reason I send them emails about issues I find with my dolls is so they can know about what problems exist with the dolls and hopefully improve the quality over time. I mean, how else are they going to know how common certain issues are, or even knowing they exist if no one says anything to them?

ZettaMomo

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 01:54:53 PM »
I would send a complaint to Mattel, like everyone else has said. They are usually pretty good about sending replacements.
Maybe try and describe your issue in detail? Or maybe even give pictures? I imagine someone eventually has to read over the complaints and maybe something will eventually be passed on so that Mattel can work on quality control a little better. For the most part I think Monster High dolls are good quality for the price. Sure they get issues where the hair can be a little thin, or little screw ups in the paint are understandable.. but when there are issues like that I think Mattel needs to know about it.

angelfish

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »
I just bought PD Abbey today and her body is fine; really nice and tight actually.  But, she does have thin hair.  A flickr contact of mine said that must be a common trait as his has thin hair as well.  The white saran doesn't seem to be as good a quality as my 1st Wave or SS Abbey.  It seems thin and flyaway. 

My first edition Rochelle has one leg slightly longer than the other but no other problems, Scaris Rochelle is fine.  I think the slightly longer leg is a common defect.

Definitely contact Mattel, the non-movable right arm is not a defect you should have to live with.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 02:16:30 AM »
I had a similar issue with Skelita. Her leg wouldn't move. I did the online contact to hasbro (chat with customer service live) and they asked for numbers off my box and then Got my address and said they would mail a replacement. No hassle at all. They told me to just throw away the one I had, O.o I'm not going to do that. I bet someone would be happy to have her even if her leg doesn't bend.

ZettaMomo

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 03:14:46 AM »
I had a similar issue with Skelita. Her leg wouldn't move. I did the online contact to hasbro (chat with customer service live) and they asked for numbers off my box and then Got my address and said they would mail a replacement. No hassle at all. They told me to just throw away the one I had, O.o I'm not going to do that. I bet someone would be happy to have her even if her leg doesn't bend.
I don't have Skelita myself, but from what I have heard from other collectors on tumblr that problem seems to be common.  :huh:

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 05:24:45 AM »
I had a similar issue with Skelita. Her leg wouldn't move. I did the online contact to hasbro (chat with customer service live) and they asked for numbers off my box and then  my address and said they would mail a replacement. No hassle at all. They told me to just throw away the one I had, O.o I'm not going to do that. I bet someone would be happy to have her even if her leg doesn't bend.

Skelitas joints at the knee are actually very very stiff when you first get her (if you are referring to her knees). You have to hold the leg close to the joint on both sides and very slowly try to move it. It feels extremely stiff and like her leg may break but after you move them a couple of times they do feel a bit looser. Also, I pulled the legs out from the knees a few times too and that helped. I have heard several people state that her joints are stiff.

My PD Abbeys hair is very thin and kind of choppy in the back of the head. To my knowledge that is the only issue with her though. I feel bad contacting Mattel for complaints but I agree with others when its about letting them know the issues with dolls QC. I would say with yours, call them, there's more then a minor issue and I think it'd be worth it to talk to someone and let them know.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:29:19 AM by PonySeeker128 »
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 05:28:39 AM »
I noticed that, but in this case, the joint itself was malformed and fractured. If you tried to bend the knee even the the most care, it started to split apart :(

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 09:56:38 AM »
Apparently, if you read the instructions, Skelita's legs come off at the knee like a CAM doll's. Doing this makes it easier to bend her stiff knee joints.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 10:33:05 AM »
Oops, read that wrong! Nevermind lol
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:35:53 AM by PonySeeker128 »
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
Where do you send an email to mattel? I have a broken Frankie :(

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal