collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else not buy reissues?  (Read 811 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else not buy reissues?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 10:37:32 AM »
Once upon a time it was also my intent to have only one doll of each character... I broke after only 3 months  :blush: I just can't resist now and don't even try anymore...  :lol: I love their different makeup, hairstyles, hands, everything! :heart:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »
I don't re-dress my dolls (or buy fashion packs), so I get the ones I like, whether I already have that character or not. I usually go for the new characters first.... but they don't make enough of them, so I end up getting characters I already have.  That may change once we move out after the new year, though, and I have less of a disposable income. :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LiquidCyanide

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
I can proudly say i have managed to stick to one of each character, except for the SDCC dolls and i have an extra Clawdeen that came with Howleen (who i'll probably sell in the future)

steampunk

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »
I was only going to buy new characters, but that went away quickly. I justify it by the fact that I only collect for three girls.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 12:05:08 PM »
I tried to stick with one of each, but then I discovered Clawdeens and Ghoulias and that promise to myself went out the window. I try to just buy the dolls that I really enjoy. No buying all of the X just because they exist, and if there is nothing substantially different about a set of releases, I won't bother. I still have... 11 Clawdeens though ^^;

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »
No, I never buy reissues. If I do, it's to trade it for something else. If I want a new version of the character, I have to replace my old one. :P

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Cate_Dartfinger

• Queen of the Forest
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »
I'm trying, I really am, but sometimes my brain overloads me with characters that I want to create and I end up with 4 werewolves and 3 dragons. And then there are the reissues of the character dolls... I try to keep one of each character, but sometimes a new release makes me want to upgrade, so I end up with a new doll then feel bad about wanting to sell or trade the old one, so she'll end up staying. Sometimes I have to remind myself these dolls aren't alive and don't have feelings that will be hurt by being rehomed.. :rolleyes:

I have multiples of:

Ghoulia - Scooter, and Dead tired
Cleo - Skull Shores and Picture Day
CAM Werewolves - Jordan, Kady, Louisa, and my newest who is still nameless
CAM Dragons - Dragona, Bexley, and a yet to be named head.

:blush: I need to stop myself. LMAO!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »
I really try not to, but it's hard. At one time I had two Draculauras, two Clawdeens, three Abbeys, and three Frankies.
Excluding the ones that are in their boxes, I now only have two Howleens and two Frankies (as far as duplicates go). But other than that, I am usually pretty good on sticking to the "one doll per character rule". I do buy "repeat character dolls", but often just for their stock/outfits. ^^;
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »
I just bought DT 2 Lala, who is my second Draculaura. I love her faceup, though so I couldn't pass her up. Plus my signature Lala I keep in her stock because I can't remove her boots and so I kind of wanted a second Lala to wear all her cute outfits. I wish she came with a stand, but luckily I had bought a few extras ahead of time. So even though I was going to do one of each character, I now have three sets of twins.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 08:56:27 PM »
I can't do this. I respect those of you that do, but for example: I have a Ghoulia army! My goal is to have every Ghoulia. I'm just missing a complete Fearleading and now Scaris. Each doll is so different, and so I don't know who I would pick!

Similarly with Clawdeen. I don't have many of her, but there are so many differences within her releases. Red hair, purple hair, brown hair. How do you choose?? Much love to you guys for your "One-doll-per-character-Rule" but I just can't do it.

I am the exact same way with Lagoona. I have a Lagoona army. I have two of every Lagoona (except DT). One to keep in box and one to take out. The only ones I am missing are the re-release SO Lagoona and Dance Class Lagoona. I also have a few extra SO and Classroom Lagoonas for fashion packs. I also have two of every Lagoona accessory (Again, one in and one out of box), like two Lagoona plushes, two of her most recent fashion pack, only one of her old fashion pack and two Neptunas.

Regarding the rest of the dolls, I grab what I think is absolutely adorable. I tried sticking to just Lagoonas, but some of the other characters are just adorable! <3 I try to not buy the other characters and have other people buy them for me for the holidays or my birthday, but it's so hard to when they're right there! lol
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

angelfish

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »
That went out the window when I realized I had more of Ghoulia than any other character.  I tried to get all of her and Draculaura but there are just too many so now I buy what I like and sell those I am not attached to.  I'll also 'upgrade'.  I sold my 1st wave Lagoona and Deuce and bought the new SO's reissue instead and am waiting to get Scaris Deuce as both he and Lagoona have the sturdier newer jointing in the legs (I hate the old elastic.)  I've replaced several bodies on my older dolls with the newer bodies as well. 

The only characters I want to try and get all of are Howleen and Rochelle and since there's only two of each it hasn't been too difficult so far.. :)

Offline astroasis

• Fancy Pants Baby
  • Rabid Toy Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:02 AM »
I'm still new to MH collecting, so this is how I'm collecting for now. I plan to continue collecting that way, but I guess I'll see how it goes!

Although I already have 2 exceptions to the rule...

My current Frankie is the B&W SS one, so I feel like she doesn't count as an actual Frankie. She's more of a variant, so some day I want a Frankie with the proper coloring.

My current Ghoulia is the Roller Maze one - which I never really planned to get, as I go for the most pleasing rendition of the character (to me) and I much prefer her without the green in her hair. However, I happened to find her MIB on eBay for $5 (including shipping), so how could I resist her??

Frankie and Ghoulia aren't on my short list of characters to get for now, since I do have them (and am missing SO many others!), but I do plan on getting more traditional versions of them later! :)
I primarily collect G1/G3 Ponies, Littlest Pet Shop, Monster High dolls and Mini Lalaloopsies. I also collect vinyl figures, dolls and 80's toys in general.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 02:33:29 AM »
Nope. I never buy re-issues either!

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 01:06:35 PM »
I don't buy reissues. I have a ton of patience and make absolute sure I'd be happy with having the one character, before I buy it. If another comes out that I find "better", I'll just sell the old! :)

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal