collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are some of your fav MLP fair/uk con/ponymeet memories?  (Read 862 times)

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
What are some of your fav MLP fair/uk con/ponymeet memories?
« on: December 01, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »
Now that the US fair location has been announced, I'm feeling a little nostalgic about them. :)

What are some memories that stand out the most for you, of the meets, fairs, and UK cons  you've gone to?

My first fair (2007, Memphis) stands out in SO many ways; I learned overnight flights followed by a con as soon as you land are Not Smart.  I was *so* nervous, tired, and so disorganized!  haha, and Skylar and I *both* learned 'free' is awesome, but don't forget you have to get it *home* somehow!  We ended up begging for some boxes from the hotel, if I remember right. :P

2008 was the year we accidentally wandered into a Pride fest around midnight...and things were a little wild!  We just wanted to go see Waterfire, haha!  This fair was also when I gave in and accepted the Bluebelles were an army; I found a factory error in a bait box and kind of went nuts buying up all the Blue belle baits I could find after that! I had a dozen or so at the start, and when I left, I had 27 Bluebelles. :)

2009 A boyfriend and I drove to the Vegas fair, and I spent half the trip sick. The main thing I remember from this one is it's the only one I ever won anything on the raffle, haha!  Oh, and a ridiculous offer on my Blue Belle army from a certain supplier of Colombian ponies who shall not be named($3,000, glad I was sick in the hotel room and the bf refused it for me!)

2010 was Louisville, and fun as always; I got some really incredible deals, including a pony bed tent!

2011 was without my normal roomie, so Ivy and her group were kind enough to share. :) I got some *really* awesome ponies that year!

Last year was *awesome*, I had 2 tables, and broke even, in spite of getting to go to 3 of the Disney world parks, and Sea world; not something I'd ever *imagined* being able to do, let alone within a week!  I also got a Columbian Star baby to add to my Blue Belles!

I can't wait to see what this year brings!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:33:37 AM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: What are some of your fav MLP fair/uk con/ponymeet memories?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 03:34:03 AM »
Sounds like you had some great times! :happy: 
I havent made it to a PonyCon since 2010 , but that one was completely amazing!I met loads of awesome pony peeps , went shopping with Partypony, and bought an absolute ton of ponies and playsets! My hubby came with me and I filled a suitcase with ponies, as well as had loads of shopping bags full, and two biiiig plushies LOL it took both of us to carry/load them into the car! I got my first greek pony there (yellow Medley), and my first Piggy (Butterscotch) :heart:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline louiselovesbagsandshoes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 05:40:38 AM »
Good idea!  My first one was 2009 (UK Ponycon) in Sheffield.  I'd only just rooted my old MLPs out and discovered the arena so was fresh back into collecting.  I met the gorgeous Partypony outside the venue that day too :)  I had a great time even though I was by myself and I knew it was the start of something beautiful haha!  Little did I know my now good friends Noasar and her wife Princess Lucy were there too but we'd not met yet!!! xx

2010 - UK Ponycon in Birmingham.  I'd talked to Noasar over the arena as it turned out we were both from Manchester so decided to car share.  We weren't very organised and ended up being a bit late but it was an awesome day and I went a bit mad on the pony buying front, oops!  Saw Partypony again and Met minglets, Noasar and Lucy did the Mr & Mrs quiz.  It was an AWESOME venue, all pink!

2011 - UK Ponycon in Brighton - Me Noasar and Lucy had a road trip to Brighton (epic drive!!!)  But made fun by the good company :)  It was a great location, we had fish and chips by the seafront for tea and walked round Brighton by night.  The venue was huge, more than enough room for the pony chaos :)  I tried to reign it in that year but I still got quite a lot of stuff including some ponies I'd been after for a while, and my first G1 Plushie (Bluebell!), and Starlight from Rainbow Bright that me and my sister had when we were kids.

2012 - UK Ponycon in Nottingham - It was in a hotel this year which was really good as we could dump our stuff in our room and be ready in the morning with no journey ahead of us beforehand.  Ponycon was a really good one for me this year!  I loved seeing peoples reactions to my 'Destroy-a-Fakie' entry (*cough* ponycentipede *cough*) for which I won 2nd prize for.  AND.....  I won in the raffle......  :muffin: Pony!!!!  I've never won anything in my life before and this was the exact thing I wanted from the raffle, I was sooo pleased!!!  It was just generally a really lovely day.  Can't wait for next year! :) x x x x x x x

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 05:51:42 AM »
Awesome stories everyone. Alas I don't have anything as amazing to share - perhaps one day work will let be actually get to a UK Con again :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MoonstoneFluff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I <3 Ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 06:04:57 AM »
This last year was my first fair.  The best part by far was making so many new friends, especially my PFF Munchy!  I really felt like I connected with a community of fans and found "home".  It was just such a great feeling knowing that I was among other fans in such a fantastic and loving environment.
Formerly known as HelloKuma

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:06 AM »
ok  so for my first pony fair! last year 2012  i learned i have horrible raffle luck lol but  i  got an  awesome playset for  free. got tons of ponys! and met awesome peoples.  i leanred that  next time if i  go to  one angain  bring more money..  my little amount didnt last long lol

but i met awesome people.. thememory that stays  with me the most? was  us  going to eat when we all got  otgether for the meet adn greet friday night  and   at our table we all had  the  ponys out  and around a drink. it was amusing. but met a lot of nice peoples!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 08:33:20 AM »
2010 was my first ponyfair. Louisville in my hometown, and I had just moved back there from school in june. I'd just started collecting in April... so what amazing luck that the fair was just minutes from my house! I was just amazed by the feeling of walking int the fair  and seeing ALL THOSE PONIES. I think it was the best possible introduction to the pony community outside of the arena, because everyone was SO nice. I think going out to dinner was super fun - though most people probably don't remember me, I know I sat with Elfpony and her Roomate, 4Lindy, Seaponey, and I think you were at our table too, Lunar!

2012 was a GREAT fair. I got to finally meet some of my good pony friends that I talk to almost every day, Tiella and Flarewing. And we lucked into all staying in the hotel with Popgirl, so we just had a blast :D Our little table cluster was completed by Oneleo and her mom helping out with the arena table, and it was just an awesomely fun weekend of friends, ponies, and some very good sushi! And our first night pony meet in the lobby and group dinner at olive garden was amazing as well. The best part was sitting at the bar before dinner and taking our ponies out and getting the bartenders all excited, haha. OH, an I got second place in the original custom contest, which just blew me away!

And now what are the chances that the pony fair moved to the city I live in now... I can't wait for another amazing fair!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »
My favorite MLP memory was just going to my first fair.  I've been to two fairs, both in Rhode Island.  I have gone both times with my pal Firefly.  The first fair was at the Providence Convention Center.  The room was a little small, but they made it work.  The first time I saw the fair and all the ponies, I was so overwhelmed but in a good way.  It was so awesome to see all the ponies, all the collectors and it was neat to match the "pony person" with the real person.  The thing that excited me the most is that you could buy foreign ponies or from foreign sellers and not have to pay the huge shipping price.  You go to a MLP fair and you instantly belong.  My first fair I had prepared a list of common ponies I wanted and I got most of them.  Some of them I traded for and some I bought.  Someone was nice enough to reserve some of the ponies on my list and I would meet up with her and decided if I wanted them or not.

At the end of the day I was on pony high.  Kind of similar to drugs but with ponies.   :drunk: :lovey:

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
The best part by far was making so many new friends, especially my PFF Munchy!

Woo! Pony Friends FOREVER! This was my favorite part of last years fair too. I've always wanted a pony friend so it was so amazing to finally meet such awesome people and it was definitely worth the wait!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 09:51:14 AM »
Good idea!  My first one was 2009 (UK Ponycon) in Sheffield.  I'd only just rooted my old MLPs out and discovered the arena so was fresh back into collecting.  I met the gorgeous Partypony outside the venue that day too :)  I had a great time even though I was by myself and I knew it was the start of something beautiful haha!  Little did I know my now good friends Noasar and her wife Princess Lucy were there too but we'd not met yet!!! xx

Hehe yeah I have never forgot our little meeting outside the venue!!! I was so shy as it was my first con but I felt so comfortable talking to you! :lovey:

Sounds like you had some great times! :happy: 
I havent made it to a PonyCon since 2010 , but that one was completely amazing!I met loads of awesome pony peeps , went shopping with Partypony, and bought an absolute ton of ponies and playsets! My hubby came with me and I filled a suitcase with ponies, as well as had loads of shopping bags full, and two biiiig plushies LOL it took both of us to carry/load them into the car! I got my first greek pony there (yellow Medley), and my first Piggy (Butterscotch) :heart:

It was amazing hun, I am still in awe at the suitcase!! :lol: :lmao: Ringlets you still win at shopping hehe!!! :cheer: :lovey:

Post Merge: December 01, 2012, 10:01:41 AM

Also at my first con I was so excited to meet my good friend nibbles.....she was my first friend on the arena and the first person who spoke to me when i joined in 2007, and we would chat for hours everyday on the shout box lol....fun times...so yeah it was great to meet her finally :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 10:01:41 AM by partypony566 »
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:23:20 AM »
LLBS....Party says she was "shy"??? I refuse to believe this lol :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline louiselovesbagsandshoes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
LLBS....Party says she was "shy"??? I refuse to believe this lol :P
True story :)  We both were!  Now.... not so much :P xx

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 06:51:18 PM »
OMG where do I start?

My first fair was 2011, my mom and I headed to Rhode Island for the first time for both of us. What a cool state! We had so much fun and wish we could have stayed a couple extra days! We met so many people I can't even begin to remember everyone's user names! Rin and Paul, Elfpony, Firemuse, Diamond and Thoth, OMG so many more people! There were some creepy characters running around the fair as well...but I don't think they meant any harm. They just gave me the heebie jeebies. I sold a ton out of my duffle, and bought a few high dollar ponies too. So I didn't really walk away with any money...I spent what I made but that was my plan!

And my mom...OMG. She worked out a deal for 'My July' (alternate November) with Ashlyne for my birthday! Talk about the best birthday ever. I got to spend the first part of July hanging with mom at the fair, and then she That pony is the pride of my herd along with Algodoncete, and means so much to me now!

2012 was an awesome time! I met even more people and saw some familiar faces too. Caught up with Rin and Paul which was awesome, and Elf was there with her customs and Ashlyne was there too with her display that can not be beat! Her and her husband do such an amazing job on their display! And I completed my PE accessories thanks to Ashlyne! I hung out at the Arena table with Pop, Tiella and I think NoD (can't recall 100%). What a BLAST!!! And I made new friends with Lorelei and her mom too! What delightful people!

After the Fair, mom and I got to run around Orlando for another week. We explored Universal and shopped til we dropped! It was beyond awesome! We met up with new pony friends and old ones too to hang out.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:53:12 PM by Oneleo1 »
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 07:06:35 PM »
I have never been but I want to go some time :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 07:23:26 PM »
yeah leo  and her mom was awesome!  leo  helped me score all of my TAF ponys! AND  told me all the names of them!  she was pretty awsome to hang out with. and  her mo kept my mom company a bit during th fair so she wasnt too bored  and since i didnt know prices too well i constnatly  kept running ot her and asking is this a good price?  defntly fun! and a awesome friend ^^

a con memory thathappned  after the con was  ver  sweet my mom had  foudn this firefly.. that needed  love. and she gave it  to leo and then   a  little while later that old pony had ne   life!  so thts an awesome memory as well

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal