collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you were Oprah Rich  (Read 2553 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: If you were Oprah Rich
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:14 AM »
I use it to find ways to help starving and/or homeless people and save animals. Hubby jokes that if we ever found ourselves suddenly rich, we wouldn't stay that way long because I'd give it all away. He's only half joking as he correctly assumes that's exactly what I'd do.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:20:53 AM by kaoskat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »
Hmm, I wonder if the St. Louis Cardinals are for sale?  To keep hubby happy. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
  My mansion would have one room wich a floor made of mattresses. This is where the stuffed animals would live. Ultimate for naps, cuddles, kids roughhousing, slumber parties, and more!
My toy room(s) would he huge enough for all the toys to be spread out comfortably.
  I'd make an animal shelter, too! I'd probably start as me fostering cats in my giant basement, with the cleaners around to clean up their accidents (the cats' accidents, not the cleaners') but then would turn into me funding a huge organization with the goal that no adoptable cat be without a home, even if this place has to be it! It would employ tons of people, too. But I would pay other people to manage the money and such! Ha ha!
  Hey, Cartoon Network. You know how you never released Sheep in the Big City on DVD? *hand them piles of cash* I'd suggest you get on it.
  I would buy hundreds of copies of Okami and Okamiden to give away to people as gifts, to help the company make as much money off of that glorious gem of a game as they deserved. I would offer donations on the condition that a true sequel be released, one that follows Amaterasu to the Celestial Plain and  explores how she repairs the monster-torn wreckage. They, seeing my devotion to the game and the piles of money, would ask me to be the producer, and I would get the last say on what makes it into the game! (Don't worry, I'd make sure it's fun, and with another at-least-20-hours-to-beat play time. But this time with skippable cut scenes. Although why would you want to?)
  But the first fun thing I'd do is complete my pony collection. Just the ones on my wish list, plus a couple expensive ones I'd never let myself under normal circumstances, like a full set of Mountain Boys. And i'd have Baby Sapphire AND Baby Lollipop! Take THAT, decision-making!
I'll put something here some time

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 12:25:34 PM »
I would buy a gorgeous country home with tons of acreage and start up a homestead with chickens, cows, rabbits, fruit trees, flowers everwhere, a huge garden, and provide a home for rescued horses. I LOVE the kitty shelter idea and would have plenty of room for that too! I would also section off parts of the property and build homes for my grandparents, parents, and siblings if they want to live there.

The homestead has always been a dream of mine. :D I know you said it doesn't count, but I want one so badly I can't resist- I would TOTALLY have a pony/hobby room too and fill it up.

I also would build an actual "tree house" like those cute tiny real homes built up in trees with plumbing/electricity. It'd be a fun guest home, rent out as a vacation home, or just spend the night there to get away from the kiddos or something.

Setting aside enough money for taxes/living, the rest will probably get donated.

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
I'd give it all to NASA so they can make me a giant starship. 

Ok, well, MOST of it.  I'd use a lot of it to build a recreation of the mansion from The 7th Guest, complete with puzzles.  On a private island.  Just because I could. 

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 01:09:40 PM »
I'd use a lot of it to build a recreation of the mansion from The 7th Guest, complete with puzzles.

I approve!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
I would have acreage coming out my ears and houses full of rescued animals. Dogs, cats, rabbits, fish, horses, cows, exotics, you name it. Each species would have their very own house (or barn mansion) and each house would have a live-in butler that would wait on them hand-and-foot.

I'd have a building the size of a museum full of my collections and toys and everything would be connected to the main house where my husband and I resided. We would admire my collections and play with the animals all day and life would be grand.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »
i like that castle idea!... so i want one of those, and i want to have a Zoo... like rescue exotic and normal animals and have a big wonderful zoo.... on the grounds of the castle of corse. in the castle i want rooms dedicated to awesome things.... a library, a man cave, a movie theater, an indoor pool, a collection room. an awesome giant room for my girls with like a mega play house and giant doll houses... and a ball room, so i can have a ball like in the old days!....lol it would be awesome! :devious:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 02:32:44 PM »
NO.

I would donate it to research for making Cheetos grow on trees.  I would call them "Treetos." 

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 02:48:47 PM »
OK Skeen, now what are you going to do with all the money you make from Treetos?  I assume both crunchy and puffy?

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »
Can I move into Hogwarts?  After moving it someplace warmer?

Only if I can come visit you!

I am going to build a sprawling stone estate on a hill here in the Portland area. I will make my house self-sustaining and build an adorable tudor-inspired community and give my family and best friend free houses. I'll build a small private school to send my kids, nieces and nephews to with awesome teachers and tutors. Mom and dad could retire and I'd hire a personal trainer for them :) My family could go to school (me too!) and get medical treatment they need.
There are so many community projects that are worth while, aren't there? I'd need a staff of people to organize it all! I also want to donate to a bunch of medical research and scholarships for kids in urban areas. I'd take my mom, grandma, sisters and best friends on an amazing trip to the UK and Ireland! That would be so incredibly fun. I'd send my parents to Rio, my dad lived there for a while and I know he'd love to see it again.

Anyway, I would BUY Hasbro. Plan decent releases centered around Lauren Faust's vision for FiM. Brushable Big Macs for everyone!!!  :frolic:

Offline rybett

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
Salli, I love your ideas.  What say we do that with Hogwarts?  It's big, so room for lots of people, including school rooms.  Obviously a village like that needs medical folk, nurse here, DD has been a doctor since she was 2.  Hubby can do the computer system.  Buying Hasbro is genius! 

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
I'd build a massive animal shelter that was designed to transition "death row" dogs and cats into the cooshy life of house pets.  There would be a dog side of the building and a cat side of the building with a 10 acre or so indoor courtyard (kind of like a green house) that connected the two.  The courtyard would be split up into a couple of differente areas - wooded, park setting, swimming, etc - and while the dogs were being socialized, they would be walked through these areas.  Each kennel/run/whatever you want to call it would be like a tiny dog apartment, complete with actual furniture and a wall mounted TV, and I would have enough workers hired on that hopefully all of the doggies could get walked before they had accidents in their "apartments."  The cats would get similar housing, only all of theirs would face one of those double-sided mirrors or one way windows or whatever they're called, and they would get to watch flight cages full of finches or giant habitats with mice or gerbils or something all day (hence the one-way viewing - I wouldn't want to upset the other critters!)  I'd have a surgical suite built in the back so that every animal that came through my doors was spayed or neutered before it left and have a veterinarian on salary to take care of medical needs.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 06:22:55 PM »
I'd buy my own island, that only myself, my mom, my bff, her daughter and father are allowed to enter.  That way, when I'm feeling like I don't want to deal with the world, I wouldn't have to!  I'd already have a house built there, as well as all my provisions already in place.  That way I wouldn't have to go to the stores!   

Angelshy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
I would have an adult sized ball pit in my home and probably a spiral stair case with an accompanying slide to get back down  :P

I would also spend my life at conventions and living out all my dream cosplays. Oh yeah, there would be a room just for costumes and accessories  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal