collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: If you were Oprah Rich  (Read 2556 times)

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
If you were Oprah Rich
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:23:27 PM »
Pretend all the practical stuff is paid for! If you were was rich as Oprah and you could spend your money on whatever frivolous, ridiculous things you wanted, what would you spend it on? Obvious answers like ponies and travel do not count.  We are in Off Topic after all  ;)

If I were Oprah Rich, I would have a room devoted to fancy gloves. Shelves of fake arms and hands to model them, the hands wear one and hold it's mate.  Very sophisticated with mood lighting and elevator music.  And in the center of the room there would be King Glove. I might even make a crown of gold hands to put atop him. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The best part is that I almost never wear gloves even when it's cold.  Your turn!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:26:39 PM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: If you were Oprah Rich
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »
I would live in a tower. Not a medieval tower, a sleek, modern tower built from the ground up. Inside the different floors of the tower would be many awesome things, like a shopping mall, or an olympic swimming pool, or a gym, or an arcade or a theme park. It would have a glass elevator. It would all be mine, my tower. At the top would be my room, complete with armed guards and a fingerprint scanning lock outside. That's where I'd keep my ponies, after all. ;)

I would also cryogenically freeze myself so I can be revived in the future after I die.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »
I'd buy a farm with lots of land around it, and then open a sanctuary for rescued animals, such as horses, donkeys, cows, goats, chickens, .... Beside the rescued ones, I'd own Friesian and Andalusian horses.  :heart:
I'd also open a language school in a poor Chinese village and teach children for free.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 11:44:57 PM »
Well, assuming I could, I would open a TV Network dedicated to slice of life shows if I was Oprah rich.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 11:51:15 PM »
I'd buy a farm with lots of land around it, and then open a sanctuary for rescued animals, such as horses, donkeys, cows, goats, chickens

^ :)

I would also buy land and open a rescue and rehabilitation center. It would be for wild and circus animals and exotic "pets". I'd help the already established rescues too. I would also buy undeveloped land and leave it that way, so no one can come in and build yet another church, bank or anything else.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »
Not only would I buy the Neuschwanstein castle and put it in the Scottish highlands.. I would make sure to have a large library decorated in Edwardian or Victorian style, probably put in the right tower. I would also keep a big walk in closet, for my shoes and bags.

A big chunk of money would monthly go to cat rescues. I'm thinking paying for spaying/neutering, vaccinations and food.

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:44 AM »
I would have a huge artificial pound made, and I would use it as a sanctuary for fish I bought from those awful and crowded supermarket tanks, so that they could have a nice life and they wouldn't get eaten :relaxed:

I would finally buy myself a grand piano, not only an upright one, and I would have a whole piano room for it.
(this is something my father used to tell me about winning the lottery when I was young :P )

I would help animal sanctuaries, shelters and rescues. I would also provide free food, education and things to those who work hard but still can't afford. food especially. I just hate that people seem to cut off on healthy food first when it comes to putting money away - and especially when it happens in families. you can do what you want to with yourself, but please don't do this to your children, they need that variety in food for proper growth.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:04:29 AM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 03:58:56 AM »
Not only would I buy the Neuschwanstein castle and put it in the Scottish highlands.. 
Nope, that stays right where it is! Sorry!

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 04:33:09 AM »
I've always loved medieval and castles. So if I was crazy rich, I'd move to the UK and buy a castle/mansion.

I know this will be pony related but.. In my castle I'll have $50,000 dollars worth of ponies in my big pony room. I'll also have maids and gardeners. Oh and I'll let my parents retire there with my sister! One of the rooms of my castle will be the dog's bedroom with treats, toys and a comfortable big bed for her.

Also, I'll have a no kill animal shelter at my castle too. At the back of it probably where I pay people to look after them and I provide the food and all of the other things they'll need.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:36:04 AM by Spike »

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 05:52:30 AM »
Can I move into Hogwarts?  After moving it someplace warmer?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 06:40:53 AM »
I like everyone's idea of a castle so maybe I'd buy a castle. That would give me lots of room for ponies and dolls. I'd buy a condo at the beach. I'd buy my in law's cabin. They built it themselves, but had to sell it. It was gorgeous.

I'd buy my Dad a new kidney. Okay, I can't really do that, it's illegal, but I can dream.

Kenner Blythe dolls. One in every hair color. Plus lots of other dolls too.

A hockey team. Not an NHL team. They lock out every 6 or so years. *snark* Something like an ECHL team that I can have locally. Hockey doesn't do well here, but I have plenty of money to be in the red every year.

This would be after I had given a ton of money to charity. Oprah does and still has plenty of money.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:42:58 AM by lolaandbean »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »
A biiiiiiig old house in the country is a must, with plenty of room to grow my veggies and raise the hideously expensive rare breed chickens me and my fella drool over on the chicken sales forums.

And a fantastically large pony room, with back lit, glass fronted shelves.  It shall have a repair/customising area with plenty of natural sunlight flooding in. There shall be a pretty corner for photographing my ponies. Shelves set aside for colouring books, activity books and any other pony merchandise.  And the best bit............the shelves will be full.........full of lovely ponies  :happy:

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
i would live in a large victorian style mansion, in it i would have a large room thatd be basically the ballpen/tunnels from Leaps 'n' Bounds, the walls of said room would be display cases for my ponies and other random collectibles/miniatures id painted, one of the ballpens would be filled with stuffed animals instead of balls...

i would donate money to: cat rescues (spay neuter/food etc), circus rescues, Kenzer Co., and id buy back TSR and force them to re-mint/remake the old miniature molds they had destroyed when they were first bought out. oh! and id make Hasbro continue re-releasing the old ponies.

id buy a big piano and have lessons to finally learn how to play, and when i get frustrated that im not immediately awesome at it id use it as a painting table...

not sure, i want a ton of little things, but nothing sufficiently oprah-rich-crazy.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »
I would also live in an enormous completely solar powered mansion with lots of land that will never be developed and that has no pollution from light and sound, so I can hike and enjoy it with my dogs and cats.  I'd let other people play on my land too as long as they cleaned up after themselves.  I'd also want a personal sushi chef and someone who could feed me asian food all the time.  I'm also tired of cleaning the huge house I have now, so I'd have a maid.

I'd also want to have a place to help pets outside of my land where anyone can go and play with animals whenever they want. Maybe like one of those cat coffee shops in Japan?

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
-Four large aquariums for my home and put seahorses in one, leafy seadragons in the second, moray eels in the third, and piranhas in the fourth.
-A small group of rockhopper penguins and a habitat for them on my property
-A room in my home would be for a movie theater. Instead of rows of chairs, there'd be two-passenger amusement park ride cars with comfy seat cushions scattered around and bolted to the floor. I love drive-thru theaters!
-A pipe organ and the room it inhabits would have a audience of gargoyle statues.
-Donate to Make-A-Wish Foundation to help kids' dreams come true

That's all for now. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:30:47 AM by Beachball »

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal