collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stargate anyone?  (Read 723 times)

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
Stargate anyone?
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »
Thanks to my bf, I'm becoming a regular Stargate fangirl. :P

I watched Stargate: Atlantis with him over the summer and I just fell head over heels in love with that series.  Then, I discovered the 1994 move (the precursor to the SG-1 series) and I absolutely loved it.  I shared it with my guy this past week when I was visiting him and he loved it as well (I didn't think he would, so I was happily surprised), then we launched right into SG-1.  Yeah, we're watching the series completely out of order. xD

I didn't think I would like it as all of the screencaps I had seen showed it being very military themed and I was afraid it would be similar to Battlestar Galactica (I gave that show an honest try but I just couldn't get into it).  I got incredibly emotionally invested in Atlantis and we're not even halfway through season 1 of SG-1 and already I've shed tears.

Any other Stargate fans around here?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Stargate anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:58:03 AM »
Not really my thing but I think it's a popular show so I'm sure you'll find some fellow fans!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »

Any other Stargate fans around here?

Indeed.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
I watched a bit of it with my BF awhile back^^ It didnt grip at me as much as it did for him but I can definately respect it :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Jypsy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 09:53:23 AM »
I watched the original film in theatres when I was younger, but didn't really get into Stargate SG-1 seriously until my wife was showing me how much she loved it. Now we both watch all the series, save for the animated one. That show was unfortunate in many ways.....

I agree completely with the Battlestar Galactica comment, I couldn't get into it myself. Three different times I tried to watch some of the "fan favorite" episodes but it was so military-esque that I couldn't dig it.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
The part I love most about the movie is the fact they filmed in the Sonoran desert. :lovey: :tumble: Yay for deserts.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:09 AM »
Indeed!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »
i love stargate! i watched the orginal movie.  have it somewhere lol and then i watched  sevreal seasons of sg1 then  lost inrest and hten when  atlantis  came  intot he picture i watched it up till i think  season 4.   theen i just started watching Stargate universe..  but i dunno if i want to let myself get intrested in it becuaes i know there not making  another seaon of it. i've seen all the stargate movies.

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »
it used to be that undomesticated equines could not drag me away when it came on but there is really only so many times you can watch it.  But I have found that I tend to go through phases of watching it especially when a certain new team member comes on

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Spoiler

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »
I love SGA! I discovered it about 3 years ago and watched all 5 seasons back-to-back.  The characters and story lines were all so good that I could easily have watched another 5 seasons.  I also have a fangirl crush on Ronon Dex (in my sig) so I often do re-watches of my favourite episodes :lovey:

I've not watched SG1 but my brother tells me it is very good. I think the idea of 10 seasons is a bit daunting right off the bat though. 

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 03:21:24 PM »
Oooo, I'm glad you ended up liking it! :D I saw the first movie which I did not enjoy so much, but I love SG-1 and am on Season 7 so far. My school's library has the entire series so I just check out a the next dvd each week. One of the employees there is a HUGE SG fan so we talk about it when I come in. It's a really fun ritual lol.

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »
I watched the original film in theatres when I was younger, but didn't really get into Stargate SG-1 seriously until my wife was showing me how much she loved it. Now we both watch all the series, save for the animated one. That show was unfortunate in many ways.....

I agree completely with the Battlestar Galactica comment, I couldn't get into it myself. Three different times I tried to watch some of the "fan favorite" episodes but it was so military-esque that I couldn't dig it.

There was an animated...Stargate...series..? O.o
I'm scared...

Post Merge: November 26, 2012, 04:00:28 PM

I love SGA! I discovered it about 3 years ago and watched all 5 seasons back-to-back.  The characters and story lines were all so good that I could easily have watched another 5 seasons.  I also have a fangirl crush on Ronon Dex (in my sig) so I often do re-watches of my favourite episodes :lovey:

I've not watched SG1 but my brother tells me it is very good. I think the idea of 10 seasons is a bit daunting right off the bat though. 

I'm a huuuuge Sheppard, McKay, and Beckett fangirl. xD

SG-1 is good so far and, from what I hear, in the later seasons SG-1 and Atlantis overlap so Sheppard, Ronon, Beckett, and others make appearances.  And 10 seasons isn't that daunting if you can find someone to watch it with you.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:00:28 PM by Kaeldre »

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
i love mckay! and rodney  iits been so long though imay be getting mixed up.  the  irish dude  he was awesome.   though  i   know it s a sad episode when he gets blown up but i love the one   when the two of them are standing on the top of atlantis i belive..  and talking.  that  just moment sticks in my memory.   

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »
i'm a stargate fan-girl my aunt introduced me wen i was 10 and i've loved it ever sense i love the movie  sg-1 and  Atlantis :D im not a fan of universe it doesn't feel the same to me

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »
Yup - all seasons of SG-1 the original and the best on DVD :) I am a sci fi geek at heart and I love Stargate been hooked since season 1. Plus who can resist *swoon*

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal