collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39076 times)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #975 on: December 05, 2012, 07:31:59 AM »
Ok what is the secret to snagging Deuce on amazon? Every time I get an alert I get to the page that says there are a couple left but then they're gone when I try to one click buy. I don't know how much faster I can be beyond one click buying!
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: December 05, 2012, 07:38:42 AM »
How do you get the alert? I got mine by text message. I have the amazon app, so i just opened that and made sure i already had deuce up. Just refresh and click buy.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: December 05, 2012, 07:43:50 AM »
I get an email alert. Hmmm... I have the amazon app too. Maybe I will just have to have it open and watch like a hawk.

I'm also signed up for Jinafire alerts but I think TRU is full of it. She never even shows up in stock but I still get alerts. She's a slippery one that Jinafire.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: December 05, 2012, 08:22:02 AM »
I got Jinafire and Skelita today at Wal-Mart! For anyone living around the Northside of Chicago or in the Northern burbs you should check the Walmart in Niles. :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: December 05, 2012, 08:25:31 AM »
I got Jinafire and Skelita today at Wal-Mart! For anyone living around the Northside of Chicago or in the Northern burbs you should check the Walmart in Niles. :)

Good. That means it shouldn't be too long before they turn up here. I'm only about 50 miles south of Chicago. I need to get my hands on Clawdeen and Rochelle.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: December 05, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »
Scaris Clawdeen, Frankie, and Rochelle are on Amazon for $21.99.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:08 AM »
This is good news I don't have a Justic or a TRU near me. So now I might get my hands on Rochelle after Chirstmas. I'll have Christmas money then and it will work out great. Hope I don't find her before then though.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: December 05, 2012, 08:32:56 AM »

I was there on Friday with my mom and sister. So glad they finally got something. lol My sister didn't want to be out for a long time so we didn't get the chance to stop by Target. Did you go?

Post Merge: December 05, 2012, 08:36:08 AM

Why is deuce so popular? Because they haven't made boys in awhile?

It's most likely because he's a boy. A lot of people want more boy dolls (excluding the CAMs) and there are only a handful of them. 3 Deuce (Basic, DotD, Scaris), 2 Jackson (Basic, GB) and 2 Clawd (SO, Sweet 1600). I think that's it for the boys, but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:36:08 AM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline ebmerc

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: December 05, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »
The Wal-Mart on Touhy didn't have anything nor did the Target. :/ The Wal-Mart that's out on Golf Rd. next to the TRU is where I found the Scaris dolls. For some reason I thought this Wal-Mart was in a different suburb. ^^; When I left this morning there was still Jinafire, Skelita, Clawdeen and Frankie left. They also had some PD Abby and Draculaura.

The TRU up there has been getting Scaris but I've only seen Clawdeen but they did have some Ghoul's Alive dolls. So far all the Targets I've been to haven't stocked anything new.

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: December 05, 2012, 09:58:28 AM »
The Wal-Mart on Touhy didn't have anything nor did the Target. :/ The Wal-Mart that's out on Golf Rd. next to the TRU is where I found the Scaris dolls. For some reason I thought this Wal-Mart was in a different suburb. ^^; When I left this morning there was still Jinafire, Skelita, Clawdeen and Frankie left. They also had some PD Abby and Draculaura.

The TRU up there has been getting Scaris but I've only seen Clawdeen but they did have some Ghoul's Alive dolls. So far all the Targets I've been to haven't stocked anything new.

I knew which one you were talking about. lol I saw Ghoul's Alive at that TRU on Friday. They had a couple of boxes above the shelf when I was there. I just wanted the boxes so I got them from a member on monsterhighdolls.com. I haven't checked the Target I used to work at in a long time. I should check it out on Friday when I get paid. lol The TRU in Schaumburg has TONS of dolls! I should tell the manager there, I managed to find Deuce at Justice. He was going to let me know when they were expecting to get them in next time I stop by since we've become "friends" if you want to put it that way. lol
-Bow Tie

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 05, 2012, 10:08:07 AM »

I was there on Friday with my mom and sister. So glad they finally got something. lol My sister didn't want to be out for a long time so we didn't get the chance to stop by Target. Did you go?

It's most likely because he's a boy. A lot of people want more boy dolls (excluding the CAMs) and there are only a handful of them. 3 Deuce (Basic, DotD, Scaris), 2 Jackson (Basic, GB) and 2 Clawd (SO, Sweet 1600). I think that's it for the boys, but I could be wrong.

There's also SS Gil and signature Holt Hyde. But still, only a handful compared to the girls. Also, Deuce has been rather elusive; the original was more expensive (especially if you weren't wanting a Cleo) and a lot of current collectors weren't into the line while that set was readily available. And DotD was extremely hard to find when it was available.

I think the other thing is that Mattel tends to remove the males from the case assortment fairly early. Gil is probably the best example; he was a "blink and miss him" thing. I know I intend to get him ASAP to ensure I don't have to spend big $$ on Ebay.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 05, 2012, 10:20:10 AM »

.....I think the other thing is that Mattel tends to remove the males from the case assortment fairly early. Gil is probably the best example; he was a "blink and miss him" thing. I know I intend to get him ASAP to ensure I don't have to spend big $$ on Ebay.

I think everyone is afraid of another SS Gil situation.  Scaris Deuce has a high probablity of being the first one pulled from the case assortment if Mattel decides to add another character to the line (Cleo or Lagoona.)  Also Mattel could just decide they've made enough of him!  1600 Clawd was pulled from his case assortment for no reason.  He was replaced with a double of one of the girls.

Mattel has trained us to get the boys before they disapear, so that's what everyone is doing.  We are all in panic mode, afraid if we don't get him now, we never will!  That being said, I suggest anyone who sees an extra, snatch him up.  I'm sure plenty of people around here will take him off your hands:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #987 on: December 05, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »
Also kinda sucks when it comes to artistic stuff as well. I asked on another forum about a mother pearl effect on Neri's legs and was told to 'go to my local craft store'. Ah, people who take it for granted that there's a craft store nearby XD
Do you mean like a rainbow iridescent/"oil slick" effect? If it's any consolation, I have loads of craft stores nearby and have still had zero luck imitating the effect. I was looking for a way to restore the finish on G1 twinkle eyes :(

Aww, sorry about that. Yeah, that's basically what I meant. I settled on using my iridescent white from DH to give me a shimmery affect. It works well in person even if it's hard to capture in photos

re Deuce: I can't speak for everyone, but I am a boy doll fan and Mattel has bad habit of making boy dolls disappear. It's now impossible to find a danged basic Jackson (when I finally decide I need a second one x.x) and has been since shortly after his release. Then there's the thing with Gil. He was completely gone within about 3 months of his initial release as well, replaced by Draculaura WHO SAT ON FREAKIN SHELVES UNTOUCHED FOR WEEKS AT TIME WITH GHOULIA >:[

I was perusing ebay last on the off chance that maybe I can snag Deuce for within $20-$25 whole hog, but I was quickly disabused of that notion. Low starting auctions skyrocket into infinity and BIN prices start at $40ish. *dies*

Offline Bow Tie

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 05, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »

There's also SS Gil and signature Holt Hyde. But still, only a handful compared to the girls. Also, Deuce has been rather elusive; the original was more expensive (especially if you weren't wanting a Cleo) and a lot of current collectors weren't into the line while that set was readily available. And DotD was extremely hard to find when it was available.

I think the other thing is that Mattel tends to remove the males from the case assortment fairly early. Gil is probably the best example; he was a "blink and miss him" thing. I know I intend to get him ASAP to ensure I don't have to spend big $$ on Ebay.

-facepalm- Wow. I totes forgot Holt and Gil. Thanks! I remember when there were tons of the Cleo/Deuce pack. Now I wihs I got one. D:

I had two Gils, but I had to sell one to help pay off my credit card when I lost my job last winter. :'( I'm still glad I have one to go with my SS Lagoona.
-Bow Tie

Offline ebmerc

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: December 05, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

I knew which one you were talking about. lol I saw Ghoul's Alive at that TRU on Friday. They had a couple of boxes above the shelf when I was there. I just wanted the boxes so I got them from a member on monsterhighdolls.com. I haven't checked the Target I used to work at in a long time. I should check it out on Friday when I get paid. lol The TRU in Schaumburg has TONS of dolls! I should tell the manager there, I managed to find Deuce at Justice. He was going to let me know when they were expecting to get them in next time I stop by since we've become "friends" if you want to put it that way. lol

Man I never have any luck at Justice! Do you frequent the one at Old Orchard I haven't checked there in a while.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:05:26 AM by ebmerc »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal