collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion  (Read 39068 times)

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion
« Reply #945 on: December 04, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »
OMG! Those fakies are amazing! It's like they know that the two fan bases like BOTH things!!!!  :shocked:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #946 on: December 04, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
She's already available in the UK, for £15.99 so she's quite cheap!
Are you sure? The theory going round is that it's a mistake and that if you order her, you'll get 2.0 Lagoona instead.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 04, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
Does anyone know where Ghouls Alive have been found?

I saw them at TRU yesterday for $27.  Frys Marketplace was advertising them for $21 in Phoenix as well. Not sure if you have stores related to them, but thought I'd add it in since it's a big random box store.

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 04, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »
I just dehaired an RM Lagoona who had no glue in her head.
how bizarre! you would think that with the odd style of hair she has, that there would be lots of glue involved....i wonder if it was a fluke, I have a RM Lagoona that I am going to rehair, I would love for there to be no glue! lol

Yeah the China dolls have little to no glue in their heads! From what I've seen, the big box dolls all come from Indonesia and then the cheaper lines (Roller Maze, Skull Shores, Dance Class, etc.) come from China.

There are some exceptions, like B&W Skull Shores Frankie came from Indonesia as did the 5-Pack, but it seems to be the general rule that all the slim box ones are from China. I dehaired a DC Howleen today and she didn't have glue in her head.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 04, 2012, 05:17:04 PM »
I just dehaired an RM Lagoona who had no glue in her head.
how bizarre! you would think that with the odd style of hair she has, that there would be lots of glue involved....i wonder if it was a fluke, I have a RM Lagoona that I am going to rehair, I would love for there to be no glue! lol

Yeah the China dolls have little to no glue in their heads! From what I've seen, the big box dolls all come from Indonesia and then the cheaper lines (Roller Maze, Skull Shores, Dance Class, etc.) come from China.

There are some exceptions, like B&W Skull Shores Frankie came from Indonesia as did the 5-Pack, but it seems to be the general rule that all the slim box ones are from China. I dehaired a DC Howleen today and she didn't have glue in her head.

My GB Frankie is from Indonesia. And my signature & DDG Spectras as well as signature Draculaura are all from China.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 04, 2012, 05:27:24 PM »
I think that what really makes PD Lagoona look less appealing to me is her awkward pose. Like pukunui mentioned, she's shot from a weird angle. And her pose is not dynamic; both her arms are up, palms facing her. Add in the lack of freckles (I really hope that's a prototype mistake) and she just looks off.

I'm also a bit disappointed in her outfit. It's what's become a typical Lagoona thing; something really interesting and fun (I love the seahorse/fishbone print of her dress) and then muck it up with something really random (that weird yellow tulle netting on the hem).  Also, if they wanted to go with a top layer, it needs to be a little longer. Right now, it hits right at the clam shells, and it just looks bulky. And why does she have one deep red earring? It doesn't go with anything else, and it doesn't even have a proper contrast color. Sort of like her DDG outfit, with the random marigold colored purse.

I absolutely love Lagoona as a doll and as a character. And I'm thrilled that they included her. I just wish whoever has been designing her outfits had either a better grasp of fashion, or better inspiration for an athletic hippie chick. I haven't loved a Lagoona outfit since summer 2011, when we got 2.0 and Mad Science.

I know nothing of fashion, but I feel as though all the Picture Day girls are random and mucky.  I think this Lagoona fits right it :lol:  This line might not be able to stay stock for very long in this house!  I see lots of floating pieces in PD's future.....
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #951 on: December 04, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
I like that the dolls in the PD line have leggings.. with the exception of Draculaura. I LOVE LEGGINGS!! I feel like between the PD and Scaris lines Mattel did a fairly good job of dressing the dolls a bit more "mature" looking. Not that I had an issue with the clothing from past lines though.... I like it all :blush:
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 04, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »
I finally scored Scaris Deuce from Amazon. I've missed all the alerts today so I was stalking him.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #953 on: December 04, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
I finally scored Scaris Deuce from Amazon. I've missed all the alerts today so I was stalking him.

Me too! I'm stalking for Skelita now. Just her and then I will have gotten all of the currently released Scaris dollies.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 04, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
He was my last one, got all of them now. Now: on to ghouls alive.

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 04, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »
My GB Frankie is from Indonesia. And my signature & DDG Spectras as well as signature Draculaura are all from China.

Ooo, there were some DDG girls made in China? Awesome! I know the very first release of signature Spectra was from China, and then the subsequent batches were from Indonesia. Like I said, there's exceptions for all of it. I mostly meant it as if you're looking to reroot or want non-glue leaking dolls, you want to look for the China dolls...

I've heard rumors that there were some glue problems from China, but I've yet to see evidence/all my girls have nice squishy heads. An indonesia doll destroyed my craft tweezers, so I used a crochet hook to dehair Howleen. Tried the same thing on Nefera (whose hair was entirely SOAKED in glue - worst I've ever seen) and ended up irreparably bending the hook in half w/o getting any hair out (just a small bit of glue).  Super gross.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 04, 2012, 06:39:03 PM »

I am just not fast enough! It would tell me there were like 4 in stock and by the time I'd add it to my cart it said it couldn't do it.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 04, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
I like that the dolls in the PD line have leggings.. with the exception of Draculaura. I LOVE LEGGINGS!! I feel like between the PD and Scaris lines Mattel did a fairly good job of dressing the dolls a bit more "mature" looking. Not that I had an issue with the clothing from past lines though.... I like it all :blush:

Tehee, I'm with you on the PD girls! Loving their leggings and overall styles, even Lagoona :blush:

The fakies with the ponies...  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Lol!! Omg that's awesome! They knowww

*ominous music*  :scared:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 04, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
I'll be stalking for Deuce on Thursday when I get paid. I was dumb on Monday and returned him so I could get a burrito on my lunch break, and he was gone when I went back today. >_<

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #959 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »
Have those of you that have been finding Deuce been finding him with lots of flaws, or any of the other basic Scaris dolls for that matter?  I am doing a MH trade and I bought 3 Deuces (one for my trader, an extra and one for me) and they all had flaws.  One had paint missing on his eyebrows and a smeary weepy looking eye, the second had a big piece of plastic sticking out of his elbow joint along with a wonky eye and the third had a spot on one of his eyes that kind of trailed.   I have also heard of some other quality problems with them.  My Abbey was fine but I haven't opened any of the Ghoulias or my Draculaura.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal