collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where in the World is Monster High?  (Read 774 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Where in the World is Monster High?
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:11 AM »
So I have found these types of threads helpful in the pony forum and think we should start one here for those looking for the newest dolls.  Basically, post where you have seen new releases in your area or even older ones that you think people are still looking for.  This will help you keep up on where and when they have been released.  Also, if you are looking for a specific doll feel free to ask.  This will help you from not having to go through the backlog on the Discussion thread too.

As for what I have seen:

Dead Tired Wave 2
: Shopko, Kohls, Gordman's, Justice
Dance Class: Justice, Gordman's
Scaris Deluxe: Justice
Picture Day: Walmart

Target: Scary Tales dolls, Skull Shores 5 pack, CAMS, Draculaura's Powder Room, Ghoulia's Scooter, and a couple Robecca's, and Venus-pretty sad selection really.

Walmart: CAMs, DDG 3-pack, a couple DDG singles, Roller maze and Skull Shores singles, Cleo's Vanity, Draculaura's Roadster, possibly a couple 1600 and GR dolls-also a pretty sad selection

Edit: Got Picture Day dolls in!

Kmart: Roller Maze singles, Roller Maze exclusive Ghoulia and Abbey, Deuce Fashion pack uniform, Skull Shores singles, GR, a couple DDG dolls, Ghoulia's Scooter and Draculaura's Powder Room

Shopko: DT 2, GR, DDG, Wave 3 Toralei and Frankie fashion packs, Skull Shores singles

Gordman's:
GR, DT 2, DDG, Dance Class

Justice:
CAMs, DT 2, Dance Class, Scaris Deluxe dolls

Anyone seen 2.0 Cleo with the regular assortments in stores still?  I have only seen Abbey, Clawdeen, Draculaura and Lagoona from this wave.  Just curious if I should even look for her anymore.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:57:28 PM by nessa16 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Where in the World is Monster High?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 11:43:58 AM »
Lol, and here I thought this was going to be a thread asking where the actual school is :)

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:48:38 AM »
Lol, and here I thought this was going to be a thread asking where the actual school is :)

Me too. lol

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »

Me too. lol

Me three. xD;

BTW is this thread just for US/CAN members or to follow distribution worldwide? :)
I know I'd be happy to pick up and ship dolls for others, and since we're usually a few months behind it might be worth it to those that missed certain dolls when they were released in the US? :>

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
I also thought location of the actual school. LOL

Anyway, here is what I've found lately.

Walmart: stocked to the brim with Venus, Robecca, and wave 2 Lagoona, plus DDG 3 pack and GR Abbey
Target: stocked to the brim with Scary Tales and GB/SS 5 packs plus Roller Maze
Toys R Us: DDG dolls, GR dolls, Lagoona's Hydration Station, and the Coffin Bean plus Dance Class online and in my store once
Justice: Dance Class and Scaris
Kmart: Rereleases mostly
Meijer: Dead Tired 2.0, Roller Maze, GR

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »
Me five! LOL.

With regards to Monster High in New Zealand:

Several stores sell them here, including the Warehouse, Farmers and Kmart, as well as Toyworld and Toy Co, although the last two tend to be more expensive. While the dolls retail for more here, Farmers has regular sales, so I can usually get them for 20-25% off, which puts them closer to what they cost in the US.

As for what's available, we are generally about four months behind the US on releases (and because we don't have any Targets, TRUs, Walmarts, Costcos, etc, we miss out on all of the exclusives, and even some of the non-exclusives - for instance, we don't get the CAM sets here). Nefera and Operetta have been available here since June and are still quite plentiful. DotD Ghoulia, SS Ghoulia, DT Ghoulia and classroom Ghoulia are still plentiful, as is  2.0 Cleo. The Roller Maze girls arrived a month or two ago and are still fairly easy to find. The Ghouls Rule dolls arrived last month and it's mostly just Frankie that's left now. Lastly the assortment with Robecca and Venus just arrived this month and are currently on sale (I already had Venus but I picked myself up a Robecca and am now waiting to see if I'll bond with her or not).

We also have all the latest fashion packs (Clawdeen, Lagoona, Operetta, and Abbey) but they're really expensive (NZ$19 each).

I was hoping we'd get the DT 2 girls here, but it doesn't look like we will. I will be surprised if the new Picture Day and Scaris lines show up here before April 2013.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:37:49 PM by pukunui »

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »

Me too. lol

Me three. xD;

BTW is this thread just for US/CAN members or to follow distribution worldwide? :)
I know I'd be happy to pick up and ship dolls for others, and since we're usually a few months behind it might be worth it to those that missed certain dolls when they were released in the US? :>

All over the world, feel free to let us know, especially if you're willing to help internationals out to get the dolls they need.  Hopefully we can have that between different countries!

Anyway, I kind of thought of that when I titled it but I kind of thought it was funny because it constantly made me think of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? 

With regards to Monster High in New Zealand:
As for what's available, we are generally about four months behind the US on releases (and because we don't have any Targets, TRUs, Walmarts, Costcos, etc, we miss out on all of the exclusives, and even some of the non-exclusives - for instance, we don't get the CAM sets here). Nefera and Operetta have been available here since June and are still quite plentiful. DotD Ghoulia, SS Ghoulia, DT Ghoulia and classroom Ghoulia are still plentiful, as is  2.0 Cleo. The Roller Maze girls arrived a month or two ago and are still fairly easy to find. The Ghouls Rule dolls arrived last month and it's mostly just Frankie that's left now. Lastly the assortment with Robecca and Venus just arrived this month and are currently on sale (I already had Venus but I picked myself up a Robecca and am now waiting to see if I'll bond with her or not).

We also have all the latest fashion packs (Clawdeen, Lagoona, Operetta, and Abbey) but they're really expensive (NZ$19 each).

I was hoping we'd get the DT 2 girls here, but it doesn't look like we will. I will be surprised if the new Picture Day and Scaris lines show up here before April 2013.

You still have Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia and 2.0 Cleo?  Man I would love to be able to get those.  The DT 2 dolls are in quite a few stores here, let me know if you would want to check into a trade!

I will update my first thread to include what my different stores have.

"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:04 PM »
You still have Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia and 2.0 Cleo?  Man I would love to be able to get those.  The DT 2 dolls are in quite a few stores here, let me know if you would want to check into a trade!
Yes. We still have heaps of both of them. They retail for about US$28, but I might be able to get them cheaper since there are a lot of sales on at the moment. I would be willing to consider a trade for them. I might prefer to trade for the new Scaris dolls, though. I only really wanted the pyjamas and accessories for the DT 2 girls.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »
In germany (Hamburg) we still have Scary Tales,
SS (no Gil, tho :<), DT 2, RM, GR, Hydration Station, Venus/Rochelle/Robecca and the first wave of CAMs/Add-Ons.

I can also still order Sig Abbey (2nd version), Nefera and Operetta at my trusty MH online store. :>

As far as dolls that I'm looking for right now... *points to sig* ;>

:heart:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:11:36 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline nessa16

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 04:28:44 PM »
Yes. We still have heaps of both of them. They retail for about US$28, but I might be able to get them cheaper since there are a lot of sales on at the moment. I would be willing to consider a trade for them. I might prefer to trade for the new Scaris dolls, though. I only really wanted the pyjamas and accessories for the DT 2 girls.

I will have to see what they have at Justice tomorrow.  I checked on Monday but they weren't in yet.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 06:27:45 PM »
Nothing too exciting where I am, alas  :huh: I posted details in my Canada-specific sighting thread so I won't bore y'all here :lol: All that's really of interest, I think, is that I still occasionally see sig Jackson and Operetta around, and still (!) some Toralei & Spectra fashion packs.

I'm always happy to pick up dolls for people at cost (Cdn retail $ though, lol -_-) + shipping ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 06:36:23 PM »
I will have to see what they have at Justice tomorrow.  I checked on Monday but they weren't in yet.
OK. Jinafire's the one I'm after the most. I'm very picky too, so I would only want one with no obvious flaws, particularly in the eye department (wonky eyes drive me nuts!).

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
I found the Picture Day ghouls today here in Missouri.  :) They were at TRU, and if you buy over $50 of MH stuff you get a skull shores doll free.

I have also found the Dance line at Justice.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
They were at TRU, and if you buy over $50 of MH stuff you get a skull shores doll SS Ghoulia free.
Fixed. ;)

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »
Nurr! They actually had one Abbey I snagged XD But yes, the rest were Ghoulia haha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal