collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Pullips made me do it!  (Read 28772 times)

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: The Pullips made me do it!
« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2013, 07:43:46 AM »
Enablers for life! :green:

I'm so sorry to hear that depression has cost you precious creativity too Kelpie :hug: Ponies and dolls have also helped me immensely - Pullips/Dals especially. My Mum was actually saying today how grateful she is for my dolls because she can see how therapeutic they are for me :heart:

I'd imagine Bratzillaz fashion would fit Dal.. at least come very close  :wonder:
:fox:

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
Doll Market is having a big Pullip sale, fyi! I think they offer layaway, too.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 11, 2013, 12:13:44 PM »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 17, 2013, 12:09:30 AM »
Our thread sank past the second page!

Tonight I was BRAVE and changed the wig on Tabitha, my Marianne. :faint: That thing was practically cemented onto her head. I thought I was going to snap her poor neck trying to pry it off! Thankfully, nothing bad happened (although I have to re-glue one flower on that wig if I want to use it again >_> not too likely). And Tibby is now the proud wearer of a lovely pink Alice du Jardin wig whose curls I rehabilitated (I had to trim like an inch of unsalvageable frizz off the ends, too!). I think it goes stunningly with her makeup! No pics yet, because she's wearing a handkerchief and a rubber band around her head until the wig glue dries XD

What's everyone else been up to, Pullip-wise?  ^.^
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 17, 2013, 07:45:56 AM »
I can't wait to see your pic!  I'm afraid to do anything yet to my pullip.

It finally occurred to me that Pullip actually fit Liv clothes!  So I have been dressing and redressing my Peter Pan.   <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2013, 08:26:23 AM »
Hmm really? I generally find Liv clothes (and barbie for that matter) waayy too big on my pullips.

I remember I was sooo afraid when I first started making modifications of my pullips, now im like OFF COMES YOUR HAIR!  :biggrin: and lets poke out those eyes while we're at it :P There's something very satisfying about pulling those wigs off, I don't know what it is. I never glue mine back on though, i like to be able to change them. 

I finally have some money after being good for soooo long, and now I can't decide who to get!  >_< I KNOW I want the cinderella Dahlia, she's for sure. But I feel like I should order another one with her, and that's the one I'm not sure about. I can't decide between Nostalgia Merl or Classical White Rabbit...gah!  >_< I do know I NEED Io, Loa, and Myra, so maybe it's better to just save for those since I cant decide.

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »
Ohhh I've missed this thread (and all of you guys!!) so much :grouphug:

Zombelina: I bet Tabitha is stunning with her new wig! I'm with Rhini... as soon as a new girl (or guy) enters my family the wig is always the first thing removed.. then the poking of the eyes and a new body! Oooh and replacement EYE LASHES!
Looking forward to seeing Tabitha!  :biggrin:

Rhini: Nostalgia Merl or Classical White Rabbit... That is a tough decision  :wonder: Personally I'd go with White Rabbit though. Simply because her faceup is so adorable and gently unique IMO. Plus that bunny suit! :heart:

My Pullip buying has been on total hold for the last month or more and my next purchase will most definitely be obitsu bodies :shocked:
Lunatic White Rabbit Tae, Lunatic Alice Dal and Lunatic Queen Pullip were my last purchases. They're all SO lovely... and still MIB until I have their new bods :blush:

I did have a quick photo shoot with my Merl (My Select) a few weeks ago. I'll have to find and upload a shot from that to share with you guys  ^.^ When she arrived (around two months ago..  >_<) I FINALLY understood why Merl is so popular - she's gorgeous in person!

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 17, 2013, 10:44:53 AM »
Hehehe I was like that with Yeolume

Ohhh
*admire admire*
*RIP APART*  :P

She got like...everything replaced. New wig, eyes, body, outfit. I need to do a proper shoot with her sometime. Now that i have time after the accursed fair! It was so amazing but it seriously ate up every ounce of my time for the past several weeks. I actually did a photoshoot with my beautiful Nina and still haven't done anything with the photos yet  >_< She really is a classic, she's just so simple and beautiful.

I came to the same conclusion M!ndy  ^.^, White rabbit is the more appealing of the two. Maybe I'll  try and get her and N. Marl's stock. I WANTED to like N. Merl so bad, but with her different makeup I think she lost that appeal that makes original merl so special and beautiful. Like you said, in person she is just the most stunning of stunners! I actually have her in the darnded cutest outfit at the moment right now too.

Really if I'm honest with myself my next purchase needs to be wigs, sooo badly. I keep passing around this one wig and now have several baldies  :( but all the good ones are sooo expensive gah!

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »
Nyahaha, I love how everyone's like, "Welcome home, new girl!" and then instantly begins surgery  :biggrin:

I've had my Marianne for a month-ish, trying to work up the nerve to de-wig her, but now that I've done it once I am totally keen to do it again  ^.^ There's still a few gnarly bits in this A du J wig that I couldn't fix (fortunately, I think they will be mostly hidden by her new hairband), so I'll likely rewig her again at some point. I brushed a little white glue on just the back edge, so next time it shouldn't be such an ORDEAL to change  :lol:

Still haven't worked up to any head-opening or eye-poking or body-swapping, haha! (We sound like a bunch of mad scientists :P Mad Dolly Scientists!)

I can't wait to see everybody's photos! brightberry, I'd love to see your Peter in her Liv clothes! Peter was my first Pullip and still my most precious baby <3 Rhini, I think White Rabbit is the cuter of the two, too! I don't love Nostalgia Merl's faceup so much (I think it's the pink tones around her eyes). WR is definitely a good choice (and so is Dahlia!) Also I so want to see you do a shoot with your Yeolume, the wee darling. And M!ndy, squee, Lunatic family! They are all so freakin' pretty :D

My next girl will be Dal Hanaayame. Soooon. Sooooooooooon. :lovey: And I'd like to get Angry's stock for her, but I haven't had any luck hunting it down separate yet... *prowls*
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 27, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »
Argh we fell back to page two!  >_<

Oooh Rhini, have you acquired Classical White Rabbit? N. Merl's stock is tempting I hope you manage to get it. I'm personally still tempted with original Merl's stock (I have her My Select stock.. but it's not the same  :huh:).

Dal Hanaayame! I love her but am yet to add her to my family. Have you gotten her Zombelina? I think her faceup is so unique and versatile  ;)

I actually came to find this thread again to drop this here...

http://pullip.net/product/pre-order/SFSELFAA0000852/?main_cate_no=AL000000&display_group=3

I have just found the girl that will break my self imposed Pullip buying ban :blush: The outfit.. Accesories.. Her hair! That eyeshadow!! OHMYGLOB  :shocked: She's my perfect Pullip! Anyone else waiting desperately for more info about her? Even better, anyone else already know more about her??

Anyway.. What's everyone else been up to? :heart:

Edit: Found some more info in case anyone else is interested.. 
http://www.pullipdolldreams.com/blog/pullip-akemi-october-2013/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:08:14 AM by M!ndy »

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:51 AM »
I have succumbed to the allure of Pullips! I currently have 5. Yuki Miku, SDCC Batman, Mir, Cosmic Jupi and Edward Scissorhands. I am trying my best not to go completely nuts over Pullips, but I find myself surfing pics and checking dolls....

I have a question though, I am in Finland and Pullipdolldreams has Akoya in stock. Do they ship internstionally? I couldn't find an answer easily from their site.

Also I find that I love the boys more than the girls. There are many more Taeyangs that I want than Pullips.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:36:22 AM by Nana-Rena »

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 28, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
Nana, PDD does ship internationally :)

I decided to wait on White Rabbit, but I DID pre-order Dahlia, and she's on her way now eee!  :biggrin: I've come to the realization that I need to be much more selective unfortunately, and Dahlia is the only one I'm head over heels for that's available right now  :) I def am keeping rabbit in the running though, and I still want N. Merl's stock  >_< I have the original Merl, and her stock right now is on Ddalgi who looks so pretty in it!

I actually really like Hanaayame too. she's been on my list a while  ^.^ But omg M!ndy I know!!! She's AMAZING! Must have for sure. The only thing I really don't like is that pink eye with the reddish makeup makes her look like she has an eye infection to me XD She'll have to get a new chip on that side for me.

But speaking of perfect...this is my perfect Dal :heart:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As the link mentions, these special dolls are designed by well known pullip customizers, and this one is done by Poision Girl. She is by far my favorite customizer and my doll by her is my favorite doll without question. Its so amazing of them to do something like this, really really really cool.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 28, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
Rhini: Thanks :) I will order Akoya from them. I didn't like her much at first, it thought she looked kind of plain compared to many others, but then I saw other pictures of her that weren't stocphotos. The stock photos really don't do her justice! Her hair is a vibrant purple and her outfit is much nicer than in the stock photos.

Offline M!ndy

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 28, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »
Hey Nana-Rena! :biggrin: Akoya is so amazing in person, she was my first! I really need to take a current photo of her but I'm so behind  -_- You will love her. Her stock is a little difficult to remove and is pretty bad for staining. It's really detailed though and worth colour-fixing. Be warned though, her wig is notorious for not being soft and manageable :huh: It's a shame because the colour is divine.

Oh Rhini, that Dal is adorable! So perfect for you too! She's definitely rocking your sweet style.
I think it's pretty cool that well known customizers are being involved in upcoming releases. Haha I totally agree about Akemi's eyes though, eye infections aren't cute. She definitely needs rechipping (I can totally see green) and possibly even a pearl shimmer touch up to the red around her eyes just to make it more subtle :P You know I can't get any Pullip and leave her as is.. I learnt THAT lesson with my dear Luna. I really hope her wig is soft enough though (fingers crossed, Ddalgi wig soft!), because I love it! I'm also wondering if she'll suit a natural skin obitsu, because the pics imply that she's a little darker than usual.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:18 PM »
I keep fighting the urge to buy a pullips batman.  It's so cool and I just want him!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal